vn that changed your life

ezyo22

For one, you're awesome, OP.

Second, every VN I've read has arguably changed my life in some way. But the most influential one would be Clannad.

It might as well be named Microsoft Family Simulator 2004. If you've read the VN, you know how much insight it gives you about nurturing your own family and the value of kinship.

I'm young and it's admittedly naive, but the VN made me feel permanently safe and comfortable from sole idea that you can be of either high stature or low, a prominent figure or not, and still be happy so long as you have your family around.

Unfortunately, having one would require me to have a relationship with a girl first, which is, frankly... THE HARDEST PART OF IT.

the Rance games... it's a pretty significant change in your attitude and life when you can suddenly see humor in rape

Yeaaaaaa that's what I'm talking about.

About VNs that changed my life. I dunno man.

I loved their stories, and they inspired me a lot, but I've yet to change my life.

I'm still a boy who likes getting off cute 2D girls and listening to their voices.

Other than that, I already appreciate a lot of things in life, so I can't really be helped in that case.

Though it has helped me sometimes with my studie.s

if i have Tchaikovsky in my avatar, is because a little vn, not the best story of the world but...

i love hearing music and playing music, but in the time i play that vn, i was stagnant in music, always hearing the same record over and over, because i couldn't find something that i really like

after the other visual novel very significant to me, School Days (thanks to this, i begin to enjoy more japanese art because it just blew my mind)

i played Quartett!, and i was reading peacefully when suddenly sounds Das Lamm Gottes (the intro tune of quartett)
after that, i downloaded the string quartets of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, i'm playing the piano now, and i found a new path for my life in music
in december i went to see The Nutcracker at the Colón Theatre (i'm from Buenos Aires) and i never would have interested if it was not for the visual novel of Oyari Ashito

Thanks Ashito, Takeuchi, and... meh, not hosoi, i asked for the scores and he replied "sorry but we don't share scores of quartett" and that's not cool at all
(sorry for bad writing, i learned english playing pokemon, phoenix wright and visual novels.)

Virtue's Last Reward changed the way I look at gamng and the way I look at myself. 

The change is more shallow in me than most others here, I mean, the biggest effect it had on me was that I now cry myself to sleep waiting for Zero Escape 3 I keep waiting, waiting and waiting for Zero Escape 3, and it hurts.

It also truly fueled my love for VN's.

None have changed my life nearly as deeply as they have changed yours, though some of them have certainly changed my perspective. The change in perspective has likely led to me making somewhat different decisions than I would have otherwise, and has actually led me to make a friend or two, too.

For example, playing Phoenix Wright for the first time gave me a whole new outlook on what video games could be; up to that point I had played primarily JRPGs and platformers. I have since played many different games and looked for deeper meanings from them than I ever got out of (most) of those others, and am better for it. Games are an artistic medium to me now, and I'm not sure that they were before.

Playing Phoenix Wright and loving it so much probably swayed my decision to play Katawa Shoujo. When I played Katawa Shoujo, I had just experienced a pretty terrible breakup followed by two pretty traumatic weeks. I don't want to get into too many specifics, but lets just say that I have very poor taste in coping mechanisms and wound up spending a night in jail while not even being aware enough of my surroundings to know where I was. Bad shit. Needless to say, after coming to, I realized I needed to get the fuck out of my situation and moved far, far away from where I was. The thing was, when  I did move away, I was lonely. After a pretty long period of feeling this loneliness, I say someone mention Katawa Shoujo, and entirely free of any context for what it was decided to give it a shot. Literally the only thing I knew about it was that it was a "dating sim". I know now that that's not what it actually is, but back then I didn't really know the difference between that and a VN. I quickly realized what it was, and I may have even been ready to turn it off and move on. Then I saw Hanako. I've posted this in many places, but Hanako and I share some similarities, both physical and personality-wise. 

This all lead to me being completely overwhelmed by emotion at the end of the route. I had to say something to anyone about it. So I posted a user blog about it on a certain gaming website that I frequent. Someone sent me a personal message in response, and I've kept in contact with him  ever since. Having that person as a friend has been one of the only things keeping me sane in the lonely place I'm at right now.

So, Katawa Shoujo made me a friend, and opened my eyes to a whole new genre of game, which has in turn opened my eyes to another level of being able to accept people for who they are. I'm now into something that gets a really bad rap from people who don't understand it. Because of that, I've learned not to make those assumptions about other people, or the things they like.

MuvLuv Alternative radically shifted my political world view. I am ashamed to admit it, but for a long time I was a believer in "American Exceptionalism". You know what I'm talking about USA is the greatest country in the world, under god, freedom bringers to the heathens (non americans). Thank goodness MLA came along to slap some sense into me.

MuvLuv Alternative radically shifted my political world view. I am ashamed to admit it, but for a long time I was a believer in "American Exceptionalism". You know what I'm talking about USA is the greatest country in the world, under god, freedom bringers to the heathens (non americans). Thank goodness MLA came along to slap some sense into me.

So americans believing fox news isn't a fake?

Fate/Stay Night was my first VN ever, and so it has an important place in my heart, but it has genuinely impacted me in a way that still lives with me today, particularly a certain scene that just seemed to really resonate with me...

To this day I've yet to meet anyone else who feels this way, but it was the scene in the crypt underneath the church during the Fate Route, where Shirou finally faces down the pain of his past and confronts himself in what, IMHO, struck me as the most genuine and heartfelt expression of himself in the entire game, even more so than during his fight with Archer.

That scene, right there, redeemed whatever flaws his character had up until that point and made me cheer for Shirou in a way that I've rarely ever done for any character in a VN. It also made me believe that Saber could fall in love with him in spite of their short time together, and that was really important for me.

At that moment, during that time, Shirou was about as miserable and vulnerable as you could imagine him, teetering on the verge of death, sorrow and unimaginable despair threatening to crush his heart at any moment. Even so, and in spite of all that, he still refused to give in, and not for the sake of his wanting to become a hero or because of anything that Kiritsugu said to him.

That was Shirou. It was his strength, right down to the very last, that let him look despair straight in the face and remain unbroken.

It was a simple moment, but one that conveyed in a way that almost nothing else ever has, the pure, untainted strength that lets one stand strong in the face of sorrow and remain true to one's self.

As most of you probably already know from my rather obsessive demeanor here regarding this eroge.. Subarashiki Hibi changed (or more precisely, altered) my, err, perspective on life. I guess it's one of the first instances of me reading a fictional story and experiencing an "epiphany" from it. Which in turn, made me also willfully seek out experience-worthy stories rather than simply entertainment-worthy ones. If I were to go into detail on why this is it'd involve spoilers for the story, so I won't, and instead say that there's a whole list of reasons why I felt so moved after reading SubaHibi. Because about half of it was me and my previous experiences while the other half was the story's themes and ideas, along with one particular character, all connecting together... Oh and, I for sure can't ever forget about [that], and what about [this] as well, etc. I could go on and on because of the story's specially complex nature. Anyways, this was close to 3 years ago. Starting SubaHibi was my main motivation to learn Japanese, so there's that as well.

I'd have to say Kanon(first vn), or just about any key vnovel affected me alot. Dem feels tho. But because of kanon i discovered i was a lolicon haha. I spent a week or so in denial of that until a friend of mine pointed out some things, ultimately i became ok with it so long as it dosent transfer over to real life, lol. It's kind of a strange thing that in my 20's i'm still discovering stuff about myself.

I'd have to say Kanon(first vn), or just about any key vnovel affected me alot. Dem feels tho. But because of kanon i discovered i was a lolicon haha. I spent a week or so in denial of that until a friend of mine pointed out some things, ultimately i became ok with it so long as it dosent transfer over to real life, lol. It's kind of a strange thing that in my 20's i'm still discovering stuff about myself.