vn that changed your life

ezyo22

when the war started in syria our stores has been destroyed and i couldn't get out of the house for a whole year and we didn't have electricity most of the time and after the security situation has got worse

we decided to travel to egypt at least we have electricity so I was sitting in home all the time depressed alone with just a laptop and an internet connection  and by coincidence I bumbed into fate/stay night i didn't know what a vn is so it was something new for me and I was a little hesitated but after seeing some reviews i decided to give it a try and i'm glad i did i loved the writing the art i loved  everything about it .

I finished it after a one mounth and I was so related to the main character because we almost have the same personality and after that i started reading other vn and started watching anime and I started to become more friendly with people and I stared making some friends and one of my friends is working in electronics and asked me to work with him and after a year I have saved enough money to travel to germany to continue my studies .

so I want to know is there any one that have a similar experience with a vn that had maked you stop for a moment and thinked about your life or learn something valuable in your life.

I am not sure if it has changed my life for the better, but it has definately helped me in harder times.

In my occupation, showing any emotion is considered a flaw that can be exploited. So I've grown used to a putting on a "stone mask", even when I don't need to wear it, just out of daily habit.

Reading VNs (and anime to a lesser extent) give me an outlet, and are good at making me laugh, cry, or yell in anger (looking at you, Muvluv). I believe without them, I would have turned into a worse person. It's cheesy to say it, but to one extent or another they have helped me keep my heart.

Beyond that, they have been a good escape when I'm stressed out, and have certainly opened my mind to how vast and different ways of thinking can be, and have helped me understand "what I find important" to myself, when compared to a stories' protagonists, etc.

Can't say any ONE VN has had a direct impact on me (Suzu 4ever <3), as long as it grabs my heart and/or mind.

Sharin no Kuni really changed my life. Because of Sachi route, now i really treats my friend more since i dont want to take my friend for granted. Because of Touka route now i call my parents back at my hometown more, Because of Hinata route....It dont change anything since i dont have any GFs.

And the last route Taught me that an S non blood related sister can be such a blessing.

when the war started in syria our stores has been destroyed and i couldn't get out of the house for a whole year and we didn't have electricity most of the time and after the security situation has got worse

we decided to travel to egypt at least we have electricity so I was sitting in home all the time depressed alone with just a laptop and an internet connection  and by coincidence I bumbed into fate/stay night i didn't know what a vn is so it was something new for me and I was a little hesitated but after seeing some reviews i decided to give it a try and i'm glad i did i loved the writing the art i loved  everything about it .

I finished it after a one mounth and I was so related to the main character because we almost have the same personality and after that i started reading other vn and started watching anime and I started to become more friendly with people and I stared making some friends and one of my friends is working in electronics and asked me to work with him and after a year I have saved enough money to travel to germany to continue my studies .

so I want to know is there any one that have a similar experience with a vn that had maked you stop for a moment and thinked about your life or learn something valuable in your life.

Thanks for sharing , ezyo22-san

Good luck on your studies .

The future is all yours now. Go for it! May the Lord bless your steps and watch over you.

I am not sure if it has changed my life for the better, but it has definately helped me in harder times.

In my occupation, showing any emotion is considered a flaw that can be exploited. So I've grown used to a putting on a "stone mask", even when I don't need to wear it, just out of daily habit.

Reading VNs (and anime to a lesser extent) give me an outlet, and are good at making me laugh, cry, or yell in anger (looking at you, Muvluv). I believe without them, I would have turned into a worse person. It's cheesy to say it, but to one extent or another they have helped me keep my heart.

Beyond that, they have been a good escape when I'm stressed out, and have certainly opened my mind to how vast and different ways of thinking can be, and have helped me understand "what I find important" to myself, when compared to a stories' protagonists, etc.

Can't say any ONE VN has had a direct impact on me (Suzu 4ever <3), as long as it grabs my heart and/or mind.

"are you my doppelganger ?"

i guess not , i guess many people have same similar situation  you and my too.

Sharin no Kuni really changed my life. Because of Sachi route, now i really treats my friend more since i dont want to take my friend for granted. Because of Touka route now i call my parents back at my hometown more, Because of Hinata route....It dont change anything since i dont have any GFs.

And the last route Taught me that an S non blood related sister can be such a blessing.

True follower of "Sharin no Kuni" Vn God.

First of all, author, your are a hero, i'm crying and tears are falling from my eyes, you guys don't deserve all this mysery, and i'm somewhat happy that you saved your life, but even so, it's still extremely hard.

And the VN that changed my life? Steins;Gate, yes it's always that.

I was in a period of my life when i was extremely depressed, i was interested in discovering new horizons and new things, and the first thing that i remembered, was a friend of mine who was a great fan of the VN, and i came accros the torrent here(at that time, there was no JAST version, and yes, i got the JAST version after that ) and it was just...god, i can't say anything other than...God, amazing! 

First of all, author, your are a hero, i'm crying and tears are falling from my eyes, you guys don't deserve all this mysery, and i'm somewhat happy that you saved your life, but even so, it's still extremely hard.

And the VN that changed my life? Steins;Gate, yes it's always that.

I was in a period of my life when i was extremely depressed, i was interested in discovering new horizons and new things, and the first thing that i remembered, was a friend of mine who was a great fan of the VN, and i came accros the torrent here(at that time, there was no JAST version, and yes, i got the JAST version after that ) and it was just...god, i can't say anything other than...God, amazing!

Thank you so much

Prior to playing Katawa Shoujo I thought I was content with my life, particularly my love life. I've always been introverted and felt that I didn't need a girlfriend because I preferred solitude. However, after I played Katawa, I realised for the first time in my life how lonely I really was. I found that there was a massive hole in my life and given my lack of social skills I feared that I would never be able to fill it. This also happened during my summer holidays (three and a half months long) so I had no immediate way of addressing this revelation and I fell into depression. Eventually I was able to accept my situation and myself, although I am still girlfriendless I understand my feelings on the matter, and this is all thanks to that charming VN.

And to Ezyo22, well done champ, You've clearly been through a lot but are still standing strong. That, is true strength.

Clannad changed a lot for me. Not gonna lie. I never really was hung up on family ties before it, as most of my family didn't really get me. That aside, it was rough patch in my life where I needed something to pull me out, 'cause there was certainly no someONE's to do it. I was extremely depressed and isolated and honestly there was nobody around who could figure out why, least of all myself. So I guess I kinda just discovered Clannad one day and well... what resulted is who I am today. It broke down the emotional walls that I had built up for so long and helped me appreciate what I had so much more. You could say my entire emotional makeup was overhauled.

Also ezyo22, I wish you the best of luck in the future! Deserve it man.

Ef - a fairy tale of the two. Specifically Chihiro and how her arc ended really made an impact on my life as someone living with a permanent disability.

Deciding that even if you might never be fully free of your disability that it doesn't have to fully dictate how you live your life... just gave me a lot of hope.

Without a doubt, it's Kanon for me. As it is, I honestly don't find the game really moving or brilliant, but it made me more interested in this culture. Though I have watched/read a few anime/manga before, I wasn't really into it and consider them only as another medium for entertainment. After reading Kanon I then proceeded into reading Clannad and so on. Here I am today because of that game.

the Rance games... it's a pretty significant change in your attitude and life when you can suddenly see humor in rape

0____0

Clannad definitely changed my life, in small ways (though I actually saw the anime, and in fact still haven't played the VN). LinovaA already said it really well above:

It broke down the emotional walls that I had built up for so long and helped me appreciate what I had so much more. You could say my entire emotional makeup was overhauled.

But I'll just add one other specific thing: Clannad embedded deeply in me the belief that raising a child is something magical. That is, of course, something people say all the time, but Clannad made me feel it in my heart.

it didn't really change my life so much as it gave me hope. it was cross+channel. i see my self mirrored in taichi and to see that he can force himself in to control and even do good things for others made me have hope about my self. if he could show the presence of mind to control his nature maybe i could to, maybe i don't have to be just another monster.

Ah, but by reading anything, you create new memories, and acquire new knowledge, which you use to determine how you react to future situations.  Thus, can't you say that any VN will change your life, in some small way?!

...in all seriousness, Wanko to Kurasou changed my life, not because of any content, per se, but because it was the first VN I read where I had to change the system locale to read.  This stoked my curiosity on what I was doing (and taught me some new skills), and led to me learning a lot about system administration and OS management, which has (after a long chain of events) led to me considering an IT career.

Ah, but by reading anything, you create new memories, and acquire new knowledge, which you use to determine how you react to future situations. Thus, can't you say that any VN will change your life, in some small way?!

Technicalities.

But yeah, that is true. You just gotta draw a line on how differently you react to things after as opposed to before.

Fate/Stay Night's pretty close to that line for myself. Other things have effected me more, I've just not finished any other vns yet.

Guest Gurluas

In my case, I occasionally played the VN "Wind - A breath of Heart -" during a hard time, and it gave me hope and made me realize that things could get better,

Since then I've played many VNs,and before Wind I've played several too, but Wind was the one who had an impact on me.