Eiyuu Senki - PS3?

kyrt

User-wise there are no impossible things, but we're talking about a possible port from an official, business standpoint. 5pb, TENCO, Jast and Fruitbat Factory would have to come to a mutual agreement to make that happen and guess how possible is that?

I'm completely amazed the game will get a PS3 port. Eiyuu Senki was originally never meant to leave the japanese borders.

FYI, TENCO still blocks foreign IP's from accessing their servers through standard means. What about fans proficient in japanese, who'd like to check on the site every now and then? This is the kind of behaviour that really shows the developers themselves aren't actually interested to bring the game to the worldwide audience, with port being merely "just a coincidence"; completely handled by 3rd party publishers and no sort of a single, centralized publishing pipeline.

The PC version port is a fluke; it will never happen. Only console version was licensed.

This goes against what Herkz has said, and to be honest I trust him on this matter more than you. It seems the PC version was licensed by someone else before fruitbat factory licensed the console version. But I still say that it's very unlikely that the PC version will end up releasing, and will probably never be officially announced. If AX goes by with nothing announced, that's probably all she wrote. 

FYI, TENCO still blocks foreign IP's from accessing their servers through standard means. What about fans proficient in japanese, who'd like to check on the site every now and then? This is the kind of behaviour that really shows the developers themselves aren't actually interested to bring the game to the worldwide audience, with port being merely "just a coincidence"; completely handled by 3rd party publishers and no sort of a single, centralized publishing pipeline.

Precedent shows that IP blocking is NOT an indication that the doors to an English release are closed.  This belief is merely a knee-jerk reaction from fans who don't understand Japanese business culture.  Both minori and Visual Arts (Key) blocked Western IP addresses prior to announcing licensing deals.  minori STILL blocks Western IPs, despite having eroge on sale in English! 

Precedent shows that IP blocking is NOT an indication that the doors to an English release are closed.  This belief is merely a knee-jerk reaction from fans who don't understand Japanese business culture.  Both minori and Visual Arts (Key) blocked Western IP addresses prior to announcing licensing deals.  minori STILL blocks Western IPs, despite having eroge on sale in English! 

Then, you have other various studios, which released many games on west and do not block foreign IP's, nor ever did, regardless whether they self-published or used 3rd party companies. It's not a question of different business culture "we don't understand", it's merely a lack of professionalism and inability to adapt to the global market, which was always a major issue for the japanese game industry.

The fact something was licensed doesn't even mean it's going to get released as a finished product. At one point we want their games on the west. On the other though, they have the perfect right to refuse us that favor; it all boils down whether they want to make more money and reach a wider audience, or are they perfectly fine with their current state of business. Eitherway, we have nothing to say in that manner, all we can do is hope for the best. At times, it can literally take ages.

The point is, them blocking western IPs is not an indication of an unwillingness to work with westerners. Case in point - The people behind Eiyuu Senki are also the people behind Romanesque, which was released officially by JAST. I believe Little Witch's site also IP blocked westerners. 

And Temco probably wouldn't mind a western release otherwise they wouldn't have licensed it at all. If it doesn't happen, it's probably because the licensee decided to drop the project, not Temco, because they don't want to compete with a console release by another company.

• 3 months later...

So it seems fruitbatfactory is beginning to release more info on this game...shame it's on PS3.

By the way, the new character introduction page has a voice preview for all heroines, so go prod them a bit! http://

http://fruitbatfactory.com/eiyuusenki/char.html

• 1 month later...

Fruitbat Factory, Ltd. is happy to announce the release date for Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Fruitbat Factory will release Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest for PlayStation 3 on November 12th. North American release will follow shortly after.

Eiyuu Senki plays very similiar to Sengoku Rance, it simply has a lot better art, character designs and aesthetics. With it's multicultural references, it could actually prove to be an interesting ero-slg for the western audience. Sadly, TENCO has a rather negative history when it comes to embracing it's western fanbase and remain more or less reluctant to release anything. I'm not even sure how Fruitbat managed to secure the all-ages port of the game, but considering they only specialize in games like these, I doubt we'll ever see an 18+ release.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to buy it, it's on store already but I'm freaking broke. Maybe in December but I really want to hear some thoughts on it as well. I'm guessing it's a linear story with no choices? How are battles, are they fun? Don't want to watch Youtube as it spoils some of the CG events.

It's a very fun and addictive game. Loved it from beginning to end. I would strongly recommend it.

Linear story with no choices. You can choose, to an extent, which countries to conquer first, but that's it.

You'll understand just how brilliant this game is when you'll meet Jeanne d'Arc. In Australia. And then you hear the sound she makes when speaking with God XD