Mystery Visual Novels

Skyleft

I recently finished playing through my first VN, whitch were 999, VLR Ever17 and some more. I guess everybody starts with those, and I really liked them.

I don't know what should I try now, but I'd like to play similar ones with major plots and that stuff.

Also, I don't know if these are in the genre "mystery" but it's what I'd say.

Umineko, yes.  Also, Danganronpa 1+2.  Good mystery, all of it.  Yesyes.  Although nothing will quite compare to the plot twists in the games you've already played.

Is it possible to play Danganronpa on PC, or do i need any console?

Also, can i start with the second game without having played the first one? I've seen the anime (it was trash, i guess the game is better).

Not sure about the danganronpa anime anymore, but Danganronpa 2 is really a sequel. I'd say just play the first game first, you can either emulate it or play it on psp. You'll need a psv for danganronpa 2. 

For some more mystery besides the great ones already named, did you already read: I/OHigurashi or G-senjou? Maybe you'll also like: Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo.

Well, the Phoenix Wright series aren't really VNs so you were correct when you did not know~

Anyway, you could try the other parts of the infinity series - Never7 and Remember11 - though they are significantly flawed compared to Ever17 (less so with r11, but it depends on the approach you take to that one - the ending can be seen as rather meh).

Well, the Phoenix Wright series aren't really VNs so you were correct when you did not know~

Anyway, you could try the other parts of the infinity series - Never7 and Remember11 - though they are significantly flawed compared to Ever17 (less so with r11, but it depends on the approach you take to that one - the ending can be seen as rather meh).

Do I have to play Never7 if I want to play Remember11? I've heard that never7 is pretty bad and long, but that's the only thing I've heard about it so I don't really know..

Do I have to play Never7 if I want to play Remember11? I've heard that never7 is pretty bad and long, but that's the only thing I've heard about it so I don't really know..

Never7 takes a long time to get good, but the Cure / Izumi routes are quite cool (I suppose Hagana's is decent as well.) Prepare for something significantly harder to decipher than e17 though. As for r11, I'd say that Never7 is not required, but there are little nods to Never7 later so if you can make it through never7 first I recommend it.

Never7 and Remember11 have almost nothing to do with eachother besides some minor references. You could read it for the sake of completion... but theres not really another reason why you should read it to be honest. ^_^

Care that Remember11 doesn't have a true route like Ever17 has, it was never properly finished so you have to grind all little pieces of tips and information yourself to kinda understand what is going on. Personally I think I/O accomplished what Remember11 couldn't, so maybe give that a try.  

Never7 takes a long time to get good, but the Cure / Izumi routes are quite cool (I suppose Hagana's is decent as well.) Prepare for something significantly harder to decipher than e17 though. As for r11, I'd say that Never7 is not required, but there are little nods to Never7 later so if you can make it through never7 first I recommend it.

Okay thanks. I guess I'll try both before anything else..

Never7 is nothing compared to Remember11 if you want to 100% it. Otherwise, Never7 has six routes IIRC and 13 endings I think, but Remember11's two routes pack a total of 33 endings, out of which only more or less five are worth seeing. You need to see around half of Never7's endings to get the full story (except bad endings) but for Remember11, if you use walkthough there's one particular bad ending that adds to the story while other bad endings are optional (and some are just "boom you're dead").

Remember11 is highly recommended (except that finale, ugh...) , Never7 is... alright. But Remember11 definitely takes priority.

Pretty much everything suggested in the "Get The Hell Out of Here" thread are good follow ups to the VNs you've played. As far as mystery goes, here are a few:

Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, Kara No Shoujo, Danganronpa

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO

and

Mugen Yasoukyoku

Both of vn quite old ,

but in my opinion, they worth to read. wvt0R.gif

I'll second these recommendations. If you're not a stickler about older VNs, there's these and also Critical Point, Policenauts, and Divi Dead, but I would still say that Higurashi/Umineko seem to be more like what you are looking for.