Best 2014 VNs according to erogamescape

Conjueror

Wow... Tsukiyorisou as #1 is absolute proof that erogamescape's ratings are total BS... not to mention half of the top twenty were mediocre or total crap (mostly from the last part of the year) including Kurokami, which was a shitty nukige/moege hybrid, lol. 

Wow... Tsukiyorisou as #1 is absolute proof that erogamescape's ratings are total BS... not to mention half of the top twenty were mediocre or total crap (mostly from the last part of the year) including Kurokami, which was a shitty nukige/moege hybrid, lol. 

Well, it was a really weak year imo. I'm personally only interested in 相州戦神館學園 八命陣, and Rance/Ikusa Megami remake to an extent, but 月に寄りそう乙女の作法2 and あの晴れわたる空より高く don't seem too terrible compared to the what else we got this year.

ChuSingura46+1 and 虚ノ少女 topped the list last year, so erogamescape might not be THAT hopeless, haha.

P.S. Jesus Christ, I thought I was pretty hardcore, but looking at your vndb it seems you've read almost twice as much stuff as I did. xD

Well, it was a really weak year imo. I'm personally only interested in 相州戦神館學園 八命陣, and Rance/Ikusa Megami remake to an extent, but 月に寄りそう乙女の作法2 and あの晴れわたる空より高く don't seem too terrible compared to the what else we got this year.

ChuSingura46+1 and 虚ノ少女 topped the list last year, so erogamescape might not be THAT hopeless, haha.

P.S. Jesus Christ, I thought I was pretty hardcore, but looking at your vndb it seems you've read almost twice as much stuff as I did. xD

• 3 weeks later...

I recognize the top 10-20 and I'm glad some of the titles are picked up by T/L teams.

But if you guys hate #1, what should be the best VN for 2014 then? List your top 5..I want to try them all :3

The fact that Bradyon Veda, Semiramis no Tenbin, and Houkago no Futekikakusha weren't even in the special mentions says a lot in and of itself... and the huge slant toward low-quality moege/charage was even less subtle this year than most... when so very few of the moege-variants this year were any good.  The fact that they did a special mention for Majo Koi Nikki (even though the game is pure crap) says even more.

Bradyon Veda is Top 20 in the 2013 Best VN's. I've checked the video. ~

Also can anyone enlighten me how the JP fans rate their eroge VN's?

In JP Otome ranking (in magazines) there's bias with Seiyuu, Art then sales.

So even if the game is クソゲー, as long as they have this really popular seiyuu with an established fanbase, the ranking goes waay up.

Not so impressed by the egs votes people do tbh. The majority was stuff looks like run of the mill stuff.. Never the less nice vid compilation man.

PS: Love your VN OST Melancholic/Mysterious playlist, listened to it loads of times.

lol... popularity polls on erogamescape inevitably favor moege, since moege are mainstream.  The ones that aren't moege that manage to bash their way to the front are exceptional, to say the least.  I said it above, but some of the VNs on that list are just... terrible, albeit visually good-looking.

If you wish to know Clephas', he listed his top VNs for 2014 in this thread:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8078-clephas-vn-of-the-year-2014/

Thanks Rooke!  :sachi:  

lol... popularity polls on erogamescape inevitably favor moege, since moege are mainstream.  The ones that aren't moege that manage to bash their way to the front are exceptional, to say the least.  I said it above, but some of the VNs on that list are just... terrible, albeit visually good-looking.

Ooh I see, thanks for the info Clephas.

I'm gonna try out your recs from Rooke's link.  :wafuu: