X-Change 2 Alternative translation project and other Crowd related games

I'm still learning the language at the moment, but if you're super desperate and need someone to do something simple like translate menus or small parts of dialogue I can help with that. I'd avoid translating major parts though, as I constantly have to go back and fix things I've tried translating after I learn more of the language.

While I would love to be a part of this project, since although I have never played any of the Xchange series, I know that at least one of the installments deals with a specific type of change that I would love to try out....I believe it was Alternative, but not sure, and if the others are anything like it, I would love to try them (provided they arent actually direct sequels, since you know, playing out of order :unsure: ) but I dont have nearly enough ability in Japanese to translate, most of what I have only really comes out in recognizing and understanding speech, and only then if they enunciate carefully and slowly, lol. I have a fair enough grasp of how the sentence structure itself works that, provided a machine translation, I could possibly make a coherent thought, action, conversation, etc., but would have to actually try this to know for certain or not. And I am not certain that what I think of as 'machine' translation would be the same as what is 'actually' machine translation. But I can attempt to look into that, and if so, I could try and assist.

Weekly update!

We are still searching for:

Image Editor (to edit the config and save/load menus to English - they are already translated)

Video Editor (to fansub the OP and ED using timings and lyrics from Aegisub)

Translators

Translation has started on the project, and we are sitting somewhere in the 1-2% TL'd, not including the 500-ish lines that consist of repeated text that have already been translated. Slow going, but at least we have translators willing to work on this project! Once scripts actually start becoming finished, we have Proofreaders on standby ready to go.

A huge thank you to VN-Angel, who was kind enough to translate the ending song for us! We really appreciate it! Now that we having the translated lyrics for both the OP and ED, as well as the timings for the lines, we are looking for somebody who wants to take the generic text and make it visually appealing. Additionally, this person will also be creating the Team Credits on the OP and the ED toward the end of the project.

If you're interested in helping us out, let kazameltis or myself know!

(I really enjoy reading the updates here. While many of us can't contribute to the project, we/I'd be happy to help in other ways if you can think of them!) (Great work, guys! Stay strong!)

Signing up for partial translation (not the best but I can normally get a rough idea) and grammar/style editing.

Worked on the May Club censorship patch.

Assisted BasfTech with the X-Change 3 censorship patch.

If you can locate and secure BasfTech, his code knowledge would be invaluable, given he's already worked on a previous Crowd patch.

Honestly prefer the newer 3 methods to conquer the world and the following fandisc for it, but hopefully if this succeeds then they will be translated as well.

Who knows, maybe X-Change EX and, miracle of miracles, the older Crowd titles that never saw release here will get patched as well.

Signing up for partial translation (not the best but I can normally get a rough idea) and grammar/style editing.

Worked on the May Club censorship patch.

Assisted BasfTech with the X-Change 3 censorship patch.

If you can locate and secure BasfTech, his code knowledge would be invaluable, given he's already worked on a previous Crowd patch.

Honestly prefer the newer 3 methods to conquer the world and the following fandisc for it, but hopefully if this succeeds then they will be translated as well.

Who knows, maybe X-Change EX and, miracle of miracles, the older Crowd titles that never saw release here will get patched as well.

Actually my friend that is the plan. To translate all of Crowd's games. I just prefer to follow through on where they were supposed to have left off. :lol:/>/>

BTW I sent you a PM so please check it out B)/>

Weekly update!

Good morrow all, I hope all is well!

We are still looking for competent translators: Anybody who is familiar with the Japanese language who would be willing to help us out with this project would be greatly appreciated. If you are a fan of Crowd games, please consider helping out - once we are finished with X-CA2 we plan on moving on to other Crowd games that will likely never hit Western shores. I won't give out the list of what we're planning, but I'm sure many of you can guess by taking a quick look through VNDB for Crowd material.

We are still looking for somebody to Fansub the OP/ED: We have the timings and the translations for both videos in X-CA2, now we just need somebody with artistic sense to turn them into something visually appealing. This also has a few other things to do that will be explained should anybody be willing to help us out. For details regarding this, please send me a private message, and I can get you everything that you need. Familiarity with Aegisub preferred, so that I can go in later and do what needs done!

Now, onto actual news:

Images are done. We have no plans to uncensor images in the game, so we're good there.

We are ~3% done with the common route, so it's slow-going, but work is being done. One script/scene nearly completed (quite a few of the scripts are on the longer side), with decent progress on two others. With additional translators, this will happen much more quickly!

Ryechu likes cookies, true story.

In the next few weeks, we might release a very small patch to the IRC crowd, assuming Mods don't mind us doing that! The patch will be mostly for us to test that everything lines up and all that jazz, but there's a bit of story and quite a few laughs, so who knows, you may enjoy the 15-ish minutes of reading you get!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of Crowd games. It would be great to have this translated as I've been waiting for many years for someone to step up and translate this game. Hopefully we can hear any new updates in the upcoming future. If you still need help with any of the proofreading, i'm down for it.

We are still looking for somebody to Fansub the OP/ED: We have the timings and the translations for both videos in X-CA2, now we just need somebody with artistic sense to turn them into something visually appealing. This also has a few other things to do that will be explained should anybody be willing to help us out. For details regarding this, please send me a private message, and I can get you everything that you need. Familiarity with Aegisub preferred, so that I can go in later and do what needs done!
Have you tried asking for assistance from fansubbing groups? They'll have everything you need to get good subs...

I just want to inform all who's working on the project that all across the globe you brighten the days of fans. Russian perv X Change admirers wish to voice their support.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer translation help. Yet. But I will try to find the resource. Just do not stop, people, you are doing a great thing here.

Well thank you for the support it's truly appreciated. And I did try sending emails to fansubbing groups, but no reply. Is there a group that would be interested in doing this?

Or better yet can anyone give me a list of groups to contact so I can search them out :)

Edited by kazameltis

• 5 weeks later...