X-Change 2 Alternative translation project and other Crowd related games

Guys I will be taking some time to learn how to use an IRC for our project. So I will have to be unavailable for a while. If anyone wants to set up our IRC it would truly be welcome.

Everyone I need to focus on other matters of the project as team leader. So I will be leaving my translation progress of the prologue open for anyone to translate.

If possible we need to find a translator, even with limited knowledge (I'm fine with machine translations).

Everyone once again I want to thank you all for being on this project

Hm? Did you translate and import the subtitles or did you find it already translated? I know that it is hard subbed and timed karaoke in kana already, just want to be sure you have it translated or not.

A few links for info about the game:

VNDB

Crowd X-change alt 2 offical Jp Can see the characters, some Cg (some NSFW) and/or download CV samples.

A few screenshots of ingame scenes since there are not any on VNDB. Not going to go over board. SFW, though pic 2 may be questionable.

xchange2example1.png

xchange2example2.png

xchange2example3.png

xchange2example4.png

xchange2example5.png

Bear in mind before you join that this is a nukige (sex > plot) and has gay and lesbian characters (no I don't know if there is actual yaoi, yuri for sure). Also, know that a certain level of commitment is needed when translating VNs. Most people would like to keep the same people for the whole project and keep the same trans/edit/QC style.

I think it would be worth considering for this group to try to put out the trial version first, so we can gauge interest and people can see the quality of the group and game. And I'm pretty sure we can export the scripts into the game from the translated demo.

This is by far the best X-change game so far as it revolves around body switching and has a memorable cast. However, as I only have a decent ear for Japanese I could only understand the spoken dialogue and it was really funny. The art style is great for a Crowd game as well. BGM is okay, though not bad.

I will be signing on as an editor as I hope I can get into the VN translation scene and hopefully push myself to finanlly learn the language, mostly the writing system of Katakana and Kanji.

Guys important news. I need everyone's advice on this message I received from REtransInternational:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our services are free if you do not intend on selling the product.

Here is what the basic package offers:

* One RWI project with limits of 256 files, 20K rows per file, 4MB of data

* Accounts for up to 4 users

* Non-Text resource extraction and editing

* Patch and installer development

* Verification on latest XP, Vista, and Win7 client platforms

* Release management and announcement to 4 sites

* Six months of technical support and updates after first release

* Free custom extra bonus feature

Hosting your project on RWI makes it easily accessible to anyone with a Web browser to translate and edit. Your data is stored in a centralised, managed hosting place and we perform regular backups. Here is a public instance you can try out: http://oiptrans.0fees.net/transproj_ajax.PHP

Sorry, we don't provide translators.

When you give us the go-ahead it will take approximately 1-2 weeks lead time to inspect the game and setup the project. Let us know your decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want everyone's advice before I agree to this. Should I go through with this or not? Because I don't know whether or not I should agree to this. Please post your advice.

Honestly idk, I need time to think about it and research retrans. If we can't find a good hacker or two then I would consider it. We also need to get a committed translator as I think machine translations are an abomination. And to be honest not a fan of the anyone can translate that has a web browser. The link is incomplete so I can't see the example either.

But we definitely need to get a translator before we even think of accepting their offer.

I looked at it, but I honestly don't time to TL anything.

Just by looking at the script, I can tell it would take me a while. I would love to, but I can't for the time being. That, and my work will need to be heavily checked for consistency.

I'll post back when I have free and see if you still need a translator

By the way, lines 1099 to 1105 seem to be duplicates of each other.

Hm? Did you translate and import the subtitles or did you find it already translated? I know that it is hard subbed and timed karaoke in kana already, just want to be sure you have it translated or not.

Right now it is a softsub of the opening movie was translated to English by me. It is my own translation. A hardsub will be needed for the actual game however, so that is in progress. But to answer your Q in a nutshell, they are my own translations not from the internet.

I looked at it, but I honestly don't time to TL anything.

Just by looking at the script, I can tell it would take me a while. I would love to, but I can't for the time being. That, and my work will need to be heavily checked for consistency.

I'll post back when I have free and see if you still need a translator

By the way, lines 1099 to 1105 seem to be duplicates of each other.

Ok we will wait until you're job is done.

BTW what project are you doing? Are you on another VN translation project?

I'm fairly certain Tief Blau meant that he doesn't have the time to translate. However, he will contact you when he has enough free time to contribute. In addition, he admits his Japanese isn't the greatest and would need someone to do an extensive TLC for consistency and accuracy.

That's great Itachifan, I look forward to seeing the translated opening when you are finished.

Hello everyone I've been searching around the net for potential translators. So I've been looking around for translations groups. I've sent emails to some groups, but this one requires IRC. This is from Yandere Translations.

http://yandere.tindabox.net/?page_id=9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IRC channel: #wankotl on irc.irchighway.net

(The best way to reach us is through the IRC channel.)

Please do not discuss torrents, warez, or any other illegal means of obtaining any game, manga, or whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys I'm still learning to use the IRC, but if anyone can contact them please do so. We may find a potential translators there.

Hello everyone I've been searching around the net for potential translators. So I've been looking around for translations groups. I've sent emails to some groups, but this one requires IRC. This is from Yandere Translations.

http://yandere.tindabox.net/?page_id=9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IRC channel: #wankotl on irc.irchighway.net

(The best way to reach us is through the IRC channel.)

Please do not discuss torrents, warez, or any other illegal means of obtaining any game, manga, or whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys I'm still learning to use the IRC, but if anyone can contact them please do so. We may find a potential translators there.

TakaJun is busy with Majikoi I think, also I doubt he would want to translate this or work with us as he is one of the top VN translators..

Greetings all!

Ryechu (RyeRye) here! I've been a regular on #Fuwa, but at the lurker level. If you go through torrents, you'll likely find one of my seedboxes there. I am a huge fan of visual novels, but never had much opportunity to actually work with the scripts, so this will be quite the adventure.

My primary task is QC'ing the final product. Grammar, punctuation, all of the final touches that'll make the amazing project even more spectacular! Unfortunately I cannot do much along the lines of TL or TLC, but once all the hard work is done I will go through absolutely everything to ensure the final product is as perfect as possible.

I look forward to working with everybody - let's bring the continuation of an awesome series to the English readers!

Okay, now all we really need is a translator or two and we can get this project underway. While this is a nukige, I would like to refrain from just using inaccurate machines. A very well polished machine translation is not going to be as good as a human who is moderately fluent or above in Japanese. I think machine translations are fine for personal use but not for a public patch. That said, we have no problem accepting the help of Japanese students that at the very least are familiar with the required Kanji. Hopefully, we can also get someone to help/TLC you.

Btw, how many lines are in this game? Might be good information for any potential translator to know before they sign on.

I understand what you're saying and I agree, that's why I re-edited the recruitment requirements. I have the decrypted script from binaryfail. But I have absolutely no idea how to use. If you want I'll post it for you. I want a reply from binaryfail about this script, but it seems he's busy and won't be able to help much.

So just tell me if you want me to post the decrypted script or just pm it.

Oh good Grimeton, you're here. I'm online now so we need to chat.

Join us ASAP in the IRC so we can welcome you into the group and update you on some details.

And my team mates will help you on the way.

Once again glad to have you on board!

^__^

Edited by kazameltis

Greetings all! Ryechu here, once again.

A few updates on how the project is going:

The scripts are now up! We simply need translators. We are looking for people who are fluent in Japanese that can translate this project into English. The project is approximately 38000 lines long, split over 5 different routes (including the common route), and the more people we have on the project, the quicker the release will happen. If you can't translate the entire project, but still can translate and would like to help, we have a few smaller things we are looking to get translated (menus, character sprites, etc). Any and all assistance will be appreciated!

We are also in the market for Translation Checkers and Translation Editors. These people must also be fluent in Japanese so that they can do a runthrough of the script to verify the translations are correct.

Unless people decide to abandon this project, we are set on proofreaders and QC. We will likely need testers later down the line though.

So, translators, where art thou?