X-Change 2 Alternative translation project and other Crowd related games

Guys I need just one dedicated translator. Please just one dedicated translator who won't just disappear suddenly. Many translators disappeared so please at least one will be enough. I'm begging you guys :(

Haa...please anyone answer just please 1 dedicated translator :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I need just one dedicated translator. Please just one dedicated translator who won't just disappear suddenly. Many translators disappeared so please at least one will be enough. I'm begging you guys :(/>

Haa...please anyone answer just please 1 dedicated translator :unsure:/>

Hi

Though I've just joined here I'd be glad to help if I can.

I've replied to your pm Kazameltis but figured I'd say something here too.

Am I going to need a copy of the game or will someone provide the scripts?

Thanks and I look forward to working with you guys

Hi

Though I've just joined here I'd be glad to help if I can.

I've replied to your pm Kazameltis but figured I'd say something here too.

Am I going to need a copy of the game or will someone provide the scripts?

Thanks and I look forward to working with you guys

Thank you for joining us. And don't worry we have the scripts online so just come by the IRC channel when you can :)

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing, I'm dying to read this Eroge! I loved the first X Change Alternative even though people said it's bad.

But I heard this Eroge doesn't work on Windows 7, is there any possibility a patch would be attached to the translation? (If it's not too much to ask....)

We will try to see what we can do. Oh and if you know any translators who wants to join us please contact them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Is great see that someone get this game for translate to english xD

Can you answer one thing?

You were got extract the text?

Make your own tool or use existing?

I ask this because I was wanting translate the english version of the X-Change 2/ 3 and Alternative for my language but i not found a way to extract the text of this game --' huauaiiua

• 3 weeks later...

On a whim I installed this game this Wednesday, and now I find this suddenly active thread ;)  I'd like to help with this if I can (I just PM'd kazameltis and Ryechu).  I'm actually more familiar with basic programming than with Japanese, but I think I can help...

I am also curious if you've had success in making a patch using the currently translated material?  I see mention of it back in April. 

I responded to your PM.

To my understanding we had a working patch, but it was simply for internal testing purposes, and translated less than a percent of the game.  More of a "we have a few scripts, now let's see if we break the game when we reinsert them."

Our first result was rather comical, actually.

I am also curious if you've had success in making a patch using the currently translated material?  I see mention of it back in April. 

There are no major problems with reinserting scripts. Only thing we didn't fix yet is that chapter names are still in japanese in scene recall mode.

There are no major problems with reinserting scripts. Only thing we didn't fix yet is that chapter names are still in japanese in scene recall mode.

Good to know.  Looking at the files, there is actually a great deal of the common section complete.  Whoever was generating "completion statistics" was including things we wouldn't translate directly (code elements for sprites/background, names).

Edit:  I've compiled an excel file to simplify things (it's easier to filter out codes/names if I do it all at once) it looks like overall we're about 50% done on the Common thread (Scene 1-81) and roughly 8% overall. 

I just uploaded a translator-friendly spreadhseet to the share drive.  I went through and translated all the names so it's clear who is saying which line and removed a lot of the noise (codes)  I also highlighted the text that is still in need of translation.  Hint: press Ctrl-Down in the "Trans" column to go to the next blank! :)

Also, hacker types (*cough*binaryfail*cough*) would it be feasable to extract/decrypt the audio from the game?  I know a lot of translators work better with audio vs. written input... especially when it starts getting to the akward stuff later in the game :wacko:   The code has the audio file names (i.e. w00012ya, w00037yd, etc.) so if I could get the raw files, I think I could find a way to host/link them for reference.

I have the game, so if it's time intensive, tell me how and I'll try myself :D

Yes, the audio files can be 'extracted' fairly easily. They're just ogg vorbis files with some extra header that the game uses. All you need to do is delete the first 8 bytes of each eog file, and it'll be usable in any player that supports .ogg files.

Actually, it also looks like MPC-HC can play the sound files without any modifications--- so just open them up, there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks for the quick reply - I found it but noticed ~50% of the files referenced in the codes were missing... I think they might be hiding in the .wav.pck file in the same directory... but don't worry about it, because when I started fiddiling with the game I realized it already has an internal scene browser.  Once the translator has the game, and a 100% save file they can jump to wherever they want to translate.

I've found a few walkthroughs in Japanese and I'm playing through them now.  I've been using this one and it has a save file, but the walkthrough has a few typos that make it hard to use.  Once done I'll post my own version here.

This is an alternative version... I plan to test this one out as well, perhaps over the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...