Astral Air no Shiroki Towa Translation Project

Chuee

They list that as the minimum requirement on their site, but the recommended resolution they list is 1680x1050. The source art resolution is super high-res. Example.

Wow... That's ultimate quality... Can't wait to read any of them. You're right Decay. And that's why I want their games released officially... 

Let's see.... My favourite girl would probably be Hinata, even though she doesn't get a route... "OTL

I dislike Ichika. The excessive use of onomatopoeia made her route rather annoying to read. Normally, one would just skim over them, and be like: "Yeah, yeah, whatever."  However, as a translator, this isn't particularly an option. I find this especially obnoxious because the author likes to use some really bizarre sound effects that I simply do not ever recall seeing anywhere else. I also find the excessive use of "We're the same," to be really dislike-able, and even irritating at times. so I guess you could say that I didn't particularly like the heroine's personality either. That said, Chuee over there thinks Ichika's the best girl... so to each his own, I guess. For the sake of the sanity of anyone reading the translated version, I've more or less tried to tone down the amount of silly sound effects. Oh yeah, Ichika also sweats as much as an entire herd of cattle combined... or at least that's the impression I get.

As Chuee stated on the previous page, I'm not particularly fond of Corona either. Though, in this case, it's not so much a problem with the girl herself, so much as the route... They're most likely going to  use some rocket-science related terms that I don't really understand in either language. The result of that is me and a dictionary, or maybe even a 5th grade science textbook becoming butt buddies. Yup. Not looking forward to that.

Ochiba's alright, Mizunose's better, but both of them have some sprites that look kinda weird. Ochiba's H-scenes made me cry on the inside though. Not in the good way. I'm looking forward to doing Rinne's route because of the type of humor that usually gets associated with Rinne. She's probably my second favourite, next to Hinata, because of how cynical she is at times.

kbacktothestudycave

Edited by SupremeTentacle

Sorry to get off topic, but out of curiosity, how does the resizing of that 2048x1280 resolution work on screens that aren't 16:10? On a 1920x1080 (16:9) resolution, for example, would the game stretch out the image horizontally to make it fit, or would it slightly cut off the top and bottom edges to make it 16:9?

Sorry to get off topic, but out of curiosity, how does the resizing of that 2048x1280 resolution work on screens that aren't 16:10? On a 1920x1080 (16:9) resolution, for example, would the game stretch out the image horizontally to make it fit, or would it slightly cut off the top and bottom edges to make it 16:9?

Like this:

Full screen has black bars on sides http://puu.sh/lH0VR.jpg 

Window like this:

7b55a14c148e3dcb69c84944f9f3f4d4.jpg

My screen is 1920x1080

Edited by Kiriririri

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I HATE this fucking game

i have changed all in my pc and this error remains

http://i.imgur.com/C3aUL9P.png

and i have downloaded the 7 GB TWO FUCKING TIMES, and still getting this error, to destroy more the situation, the english patch doens't work in my game, and really no need he break in the FUCKING FIRST VOICE EVERY TIME.

Well i will stop playing FAVORITE games, ( blacklist all of his games) and unistall this, i really wanted to play but, crap.

3 hours ago, The Striker said:

I HATE this fucking game

i have changed all in my pc and this error remains

http://i.imgur.com/C3aUL9P.png

and i have downloaded the 7 GB TWO FUCKING TIMES, and still getting this error, to destroy more the situation, the english patch doens't work in my game, and really no need he break in the FUCKING FIRST VOICE EVERY TIME.

Well i will stop playing FAVORITE games, ( blacklist all of his games) and unistall this, i really wanted to play but, crap.

You need your system in Japanese locale for date/time as well or you'll get that error in every favorite game.

Also I don't know what patch you're using but I'd advise against playing the game with that. 

19 hours ago, Chuee said:

You need your system in Japanese locale for date/time as well or you'll get that error in every favorite game.

Also I don't know what patch you're using but I'd advise against playing the game with that. 

u07cHPR.png

dp96ohJ.png

sB4q73r.png

8zel6hw.png

well, still a bug, if have more i don't know, but i have played 50 visual novels, and this is the first to get this bug,...........

EDIT: the first bug has resolved, but the game still crash with this

fdggWSY.png

really sad...

Well can you upload the patch that you have? i know you guys are close to finish.

Edited by The Striker

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On ‎2015‎年‎12‎月‎1‎日 at 7:48 PM, Decay said:

They list that as the minimum requirement on their site, but the recommended resolution they list is 1680x1050. The source art resolution is super high-res. Example.

Maybe this isn't the right topic to ask in, and sorry to quote such an old post, but I was wondering about this. Is AstralAir supposed to run at anything higher than 1024x640 in Windowed mode? For me, no matter what I set the desktop resolution to, this is what it does. I didn't find any setting to change window size like some VNs have either.

Additionally, am I supposed to be able to select a font? I'm not a fan of the default one, but it seems I can't change it, as the font selection drop-down is blank.

Spoiler

fUTcgvw.jpg

• 1 year later...