Rewrite problem in Windows 8 (SOLVED)

OrCrawn

Hi community,

I have a small tiny little problem with Rewrite. Excuse my poor english, but it's not my first language so...

I'm sad this has to be my first post here. I discover this site just a month ago, and I love this place.

So, here I go

--

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: Rewrite

Description of Problem: I can't run it. I did download, reload, redownload, apply the .bat, try gajinhax thing, with, without.

The game is located in "D:\Downloads\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite"

I tried to run it with all the compatibility mode from XP SP3 to Win7.

When I run it, it give me this : http://i.imgur.com/YefSbsX.png (wich I don't understand because besige hiragana and katakana I don't read japanese)

Your Operating System: Windows 8

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64 bit

Are you running the correct, patched .EXE for the game?: Yes (I re-dowload both the torrent and the SigplusEngine-gaijinhax today)

Have you tried Uninstalling/Reinstalling and then Redownloading?: Yes

--

I hope you will be able to lend me a hand.

Ok cool, you provided the proper info, i appreciate that as it saves a bunch of time. I would like to ask if you searched the forum for possible answers??

Because a solution has possibly been provided HERE! The person who posted that was getting the exact same error and we solved it so maybe it will help you.

PLEASE NOTE: A lot of VN's dont run correctly on Windows 8

:)/> In the future please search to see if solution is already available. Though i wont guarantee that it will work on windows 8 were here to help you as best we can. Im not a tech guy I just love VN's and am familiar with a lot of the problems that occur with some of these games.

セットアップ情報見つかりません。レジストリが壊れています。-> "Setup information unable to be found. Registry is Damaged"

ゲームを再セットアップすることでこの問題は解決する何能性があります。-> "Solve this problem by re-installing the game"

Might want to try that.

Edit: Oh I didn't read carefully. If that doesn't work, it may just be windows 8.

Ryoji : I tried all the stuff in that topic... Nothing works :(/>( Must mean Rewrite don't work on Windows 8

Mephisto : Thank a lot for your Translation !

hmm, maybe someone else here can provide you with more of a definite answer. I don't know 100% its due to the fact your using Windows 8, maybe someone will give you a better answer. Don't give up yet. We have a great community here so you never know.

Hmm ok, I found on the Amaterasu Blog (there the ones who provided the English Patch) the following:

If you're a Windows 8 user, Rewrite may not run properly. We've heard reports from some Win8 users who had no trouble at all, others who had bizarre problems like the resolution falling after patching, and some who couldn't get it to run at all. Some of these problems have been fixed by simply reinstalling.

Well apparently some people have gotten it to work. So if you tried to reinstall it already, there might be something else we can do. Ill research more to see if theres another answer. No promises tho.

EDIT: Have you tried..

Edit: If, after installing the patch, the SiglusEngine.exe file crashes the moment you try to run it, then replace it with this .exe instead: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rurjs0r3nb1lc4u

I can't fix the registry. I think that's the main problem, in fact.

Back to the starting point (redownloading). I tried to clean the registry, to applied the .bat (with and without changing the .reg files like said in the other post). Is there a difference in the registry in Win 8 ?

Ok, I managed to get a copy of Rewrite patched and fully working ! Youhou !

Here how I get there :

1) I download this torrent *** (with full soundtrack, miam)
2) I somehow mount the .iso with daemon tool and managed to install it (on the autorun, I picked the fifth, valid, then press the first and install)
3) I download and install amaterasu patch.

It works perfectly, I happy, life is great.
I keep the torrent to seed it to others, just pm me if needed.

Thank you all for your time !

Did it, gave me this : http://i.imgur.com/oUqB75R.png

Thats probably because I'm an IDIOT and didn't think there might be SPACES in the path.. angry.gif

Anyway great that you got it working! Rewrite is awesome and I hope you have fun reading it tongue.gif

P.S: I still updated that stupid bat in case another poor soul with W8 has this problem.

Here how I get there :

1) I download this torrent http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=271663 (with full soundtrack, miam)

2) I somehow mount the .iso with daemon tool and managed to install it (on the autorun, I picked the fifth, valid, then press the first and install)

3) I download and install amaterasu patch.

It works perfectly, I happy, life is great.

I keep the torrent to seed it to others, just pm me if needed.

Thank you all for your time !

Awesome glad you got it to work!!!