Having issues with "Next Unread Topic"

Basically, it works fine.

However, sometimes it says "Sorry couldn't find that" I just had it happen and should've saved the link it was trying to send me to (which I am assuming, and I know nothing about this, is at fault), but I forgot.

It's only happened to me in "Ongoing Projects" but that might have nothing to do with it.

I'm better at answering questions than at stating everything flat out, so if you want to know more, just ask.

Go to a forum that has a new post -> go to topic where you've read everything -> scroll down -> Link should be there.

It's working for me, but I didn't know about this feature before today either, so it's hard to pin the problem down.

Might be a race condition where you've opened tabs for new unread topics, marking them as read in the process (the forum software does this when opening a thread), causing the link to not have any unread posts to go to next, and showing an error message instead.

Edit: Confirmed that a "Sorry, we couldn't find that." page is shown in that case. Take any link in a topic in which forum you've viewed everything else and add ?view=getnextunread to it to get the error message.

Wow, noone knows this feature. It iss one of the more useful ones for me, and one of those I use the most.

Might be a race condition where you've opened tabs for new unread topics, marking them as read in the process (the forum software does this when opening a thread), causing the link to not have any unread posts to go to next, and showing an error message instead.

Edit: Confirmed that a "Sorry, we couldn't find that." page is shown in that case. Take any link in a topic in which forum you've viewed everything else and add ?view=getnextunread to it to get the error message.

I didn't think I opened them in new tabs, but that is exactly the error I'm getting so... 

• 2 weeks later...