Fuwanovel Manga Club

Nosebleed

Welcome to the Fuwa Manga Club

Currently Reading:

3LLyEMG.jpg

(Deadline is March 1st)

While many people watch anime, only a fraction of anime watchers actually transitions, or even tries out manga.

I thought this club would be a nice idea to introduce people to manga or just make people more familiarized with the medium as well as motivate discussion.

Though you could just run rampant, I wanted to come up with a formal structure to make sure we're all on the same page (kek).

(Note this is just a trial, i want to see how well people recieve this, so things may change later on)

This is how the process to read manga in the club is going to go:

• For 2-3 days people can suggest one manga series they want to read.
  • I'll be selecting five of the suggestions through a random draw and then put them up for vote.
  • The manga with the most votes wins and all the people who signed up will read it.
  • During the time we're reading people can and are encouraged to discuss the manga.
  • After you're done reading it'd also be nice if you could do a review on the series overall and what you thought of it.
  • Once everybody's done we'll move on to another manga.

Rules:

• By posting a recommendation you are automatically signing up for the club (your recommendation is not valid otherwise).
  • Anybody can enter, at any time, even without making a recommendation.
  • If you enter after a manga has been selected, you have to compromise to read it.
  • For every 50 chapters the selected manga has you get 1 week to read (Can be flexible depending on chapter length though)
  • If the manga is really short (10-20 chapters or less), the second most voted manga will be read immediately after it.
  • You can recommend the same manga when a new voting period is up if it hasn't been read aleady.

Manga Rules:

• No one-shots (nothing against them, but they're just too short for this purpose)
  • No pure hentai (series that have no other purpose but sex)
  • Ecchi or series that may feature some sexual nature are fine if they have some story to it. (eg: Nozoki Ana)
  • On-going series are allowed but they must have at least 30 chapters out

So that's that.. suggest away~

I am actually pretty new to reading manga myself, in that I haven't read that many series (Gantz, Berserk, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist being the only ones I have completed). 

So I will recommend Pandora Hearts. That is one of the many I have been meaning to read but just have not found the motivation to do so. 

Edit: Forgot to add how long it is! ^-^'''

Ongoing

101 Chapters

Approx. 40-60 pages per chapter.

I'm already up to date with the SnK manga, i'm pretty sure most people have read it if they cared for the series.

It's massively popular, though I personally have issues with it.

I was hoping for non ultra mainstream titles to be recommended but eh it's not like it's a bad manga.

I'm already up to date with the SnK manga, i'm pretty sure most people have read it if they cared for the series.

It's massively popular, though I personally have issues with it.

I was hoping for non ultra mainstream titles to be recommended but eh it's not like it's a bad manga.

At least nobody recommends any of the big three~

....oops I hope I didn't jinx it... 

I won't force anyone to finish the manga if they don't want to, if you absolutely hate it you can drop it any time.

This is a club not a prison.

You can just try it out and if you don't like it after some chapters you can return for the next manga we read.

It's not like everybody here will love every manga that's chosen.

In fact it'd be odd if nobody disliked any of the manga that gets chosen.

Negative opinions are a given and they're interesting to spice up the discussion as well

So I was hoping people would at least give it a shot, I want it to be a fun experiment.

If Hayate no Gotoku gets chosen, and this is a reference for the future as well, I'll give you more than a month to read it, it's a very long manga after all.

An option can also be to select a time where we want to move on/put it on hiatus if people want to pick something else to kind of vary it a bit. It can be tiring to read so many chapters at once.

Or maybe they just want to pick something else for the club and they can continue the longer manga at the same time (you can read multiple manga at once after all).

I wasn't expecting such a long manga to be picked right from the get go but hey if it happens it happens.

I'll try to do my best to make it enjoyable.

But I guarantee you and anyone else that, if you enjoy reading a manga series, you can easily burn through 400 chapters in a week (assuming you have time).

But I guarantee you and anyone else that, if you enjoy reading a manga series, you can easily burn through 400 chapters in a week (assuming you have time).

That's a very unlucky assumption for me.

But hey. If there's something like an obligation, I'll do my best to put up with it.

Akame Ga Kill was something I really liked, and I caught up with it in less than a week.

Soooo Hayate, do pull me in again.

I missed you.

I won't force anyone to finish the manga if they don't want to, if you absolutely hate it you can drop it any time.

This is a club not a prison.

You can just try it out and if you don't like it after some chapters you can return for the next manga we read.

It's not like everybody here will love every manga that's chosen.

In fact it'd be odd if nobody disliked any of the manga that gets chosen.

Negative opinions are a given and they're interesting to spice up the discussion as well

So I was hoping people would at least give it a shot, I want it to be a fun experiment.

If Hayate no Gotoku gets chosen, and this is a reference for the future as well, I'll give you more than a month to read it, it's a very long manga after all.

An option can also be to select a time where we want to move on/put it on hiatus if people want to pick something else to kind of vary it a bit. It can be tiring to read so many chapters at once.

Or maybe they just want to pick something else for the club and they can continue the longer manga at the same time (you can read multiple manga at once after all).

I wasn't expecting such a long manga to be picked right from the get go but hey if it happens it happens.

I'll try to do my best to make it enjoyable.

What, if you have time you can burn through 400 chapters in two days....