Persona

p4izanagi

6 minutes ago, Turnip Sensei said:

Yoo that was pretty awesome!

I wonder if there's info about the western release at E3, but I'm already itching to buy the Japanese Limited edition. I want that art book and soundtrack collection...

I guess it's also time to get myself PS4 after all. 

The Persona Stalker Club were talking about it a little after the trailer and everything was shown, and they mentioned that more would be shown at E3 (I think).

Edit: Yeah, it was confirmed to be shown off more at E3.

42 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Boy, am I excited. But, delayed yet again... sigh.

It's exactly as I said I feared.

Delayed? This is about what people were expecting, maybe a little longer. We'll still probably get it in NA this year, and the fact that they even mentioned that it'd be at E3 pretty much means that they have a lot to show us, they probably wouldn't even mention it if it was just going to be information we have already seen. At the latest, we'll get it in Jan/Feb of next year

5 hours ago, Mugi said:

Delayed? This is about what people were expecting, maybe a little longer. We'll still probably get it in NA this year, and the fact that they even mentioned that it'd be at E3 pretty much means that they have a lot to show us, they probably wouldn't even mention it if it was just going to be information we have already seen. At the latest, we'll get it in Jan/Feb of next year

They started mentioning the game before, and then the first delay hit us, so I'm not hoping for much from them.

Also, new voice for Igor, huh...

6 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Also, new voice for Igor, huh...

Of course. The old VA died, and it'd be a bit odd to remove such a crucial character to the series.

Also, orgasmic wallpaper made by someone of the new art. 

Spoiler

3PWrcuj.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Of course. The old VA died, and it'd be a bit odd to remove such a crucial character to the series.

Also, orgasmic wallpaper made by someone of the new art. 

Reveal hidden contents

3PWrcuj.jpg

Much sadness. I'll miss Igor's voice D:

Also, the best thing about this second trailer: I can finally rest easy, more characters for the party than just the initial 4 confirmed. No idea if ATLUS said anything these past months... and it was supposedly "obvious"... but you never know, eh?

4 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Also, the best thing about this second trailer: I can finally rest easy, more characters for the party than just the initial 4 confirmed. No idea if ATLUS said anything these past months... and it was supposedly "obvious"... but you never know, eh?

Agreed on that one - that was a lingering concern for me as well.

Now, I'm just hype hype hype. Hopefully it reaches NA before I forget about it again.

5 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

The mistake of those who didn't get it immediately for Bloodborne or whatevs.

when I wanted to play god of war 3 I borrowed it, same with bloodborne, the last of us and a couple more games and now it's the same, buying a console for a few games (in my case no more than 5) is not worth it, specially when you can borrow one from a friend :P

I currently have a working PS3 so hopefully it's going to be playable on that still and is going to be of a decent quality. If my PS3 dies before this gets released though I might just pick up a PS4 I need a new blu-ray player anyways and there are a number of games I wouldn't mind eventually picking up for the PS4. Hopefully I won't have to though. Generally I will only buy a new system if the amount of games to play on the new system is double the cost for the actual system. If new games sell for 60 dollars and if a PS4 sell for around 300-350 then I need 600 dollars or 10 games worth (of exclusively that console's games) before I pick up a new console or handheld. 

I love the new trailer it has a much darker feel and I can't help but wonder if Nyarlathotep and Philemon might make a return to the series in more than just a brief cameo. One thing I'm surprised about so far is the fact they've managed to keep the music feeling like persona. Either way I'm hype.

PERSONA fever is at max capacity.:saber: I've got my PS4 at the ready and waiting to use it. The new gameplay mechanics and take on dungeons is very amazing, this shows their trying to take new approaches to P3 and P4 to keep us fans entertained and not be bored with the same old same old. The new trailer shows 3 new characters, but it's relevant that the orange haired girl in glasses will be the new Fuuka/Rise support of the group. The music and visuals also just screams PERSONA too me, just got a feel for it. The biggest worry I have though is if they will change or keep the Social link and Persona Fusion. It's a staple to me as a Persona fan and to see it not be used in a Persona game would be a great letdown for me. I hope if they just alter it that it will be an improvement. fingers crossed:makina: A release date for america is still not in site yet, hopefully after the September release it can take less than six months for an english release, hoping man. I'm all about the Persona HYPE as much as the next guy. Why i'm trying to finish Persona 3 FES before P5 comes to light up the day.

41 minutes ago, Leaf said:

PERSONA fever is at max capacity.:saber: I've got my PS4 at the ready and waiting to use it. The new gameplay mechanics and take on dungeons is very amazing, this shows their trying to take new approaches to P3 and P4 to keep us fans entertained and not be bored with the same old same old. The new trailer shows 3 new characters, but it's relevant that the orange haired girl in glasses will be the new Fuuka/Rise support of the group. The music and visuals also just screams PERSONA too me, just got a feel for it. The biggest worry I have though is if they will change or keep the Social link and Persona Fusion. It's a staple to me as a Persona fan and to see it not be used in a Persona game would be a great letdown for me. I hope if they just alter it that it will be an improvement. fingers crossed:makina: A release date for america is still not in site yet, hopefully after the September release it can take less than six months for an english release, hoping man. I'm all about the Persona HYPE as much as the next guy. Why i'm trying to finish Persona 3 FES before P5 comes to light up the day.

I've heard they are changing social links. Not sure if it's true, though, since I'm just speaking from memory.

5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I've heard they are changing social links. Not sure if it's true, though, since I'm just speaking from memory.

Change is fine. Change is good. Social links are probably the most important part of Persona games to me, but as long as the spirit of the thing is there, I'm not worried about the details. Given that Persona 3 is the acknowledged turning point for the series, and is the instalment that introduced Social Links, I have confidence they know not to screw it up too badly.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

Change is fine. Change is good. Social links are probably the most important part of Persona games to me, but as long as the spirit of the thing is there, I'm not worried about the details. Given that Persona 3 is the acknowledged turning point for the series, and is the instalment that introduced Social Links, I have confidence they know not to screw it up too badly.

Yeah. The main idea is that. Not to delete social links, but to change them. P3 was the turning point as you said, and P4 was the height of social links and interaction (and one of the main themes of the game).

So change is good, if it fits the new themes of P5.

And if it allows me to romance the orange-haired girl, ofc :holo:

5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Yeah. The main idea is that. Not to delete social links, but to change them. P3 was the turning point as you said, and P4 was the height of social links and interaction (and one of the main themes of the game).

So change is good, if it fits the new themes of P5.

As long as Social Links don't go away i'm happy, just wondering how their gonna present them in this game, what is their to improve really?

9 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

And if it allows me to romance the orange-haired girl, ofc :holo:

Same here man, he he he... can't wait.:makina:

4 minutes ago, Leaf said:

As long as Social Links don't go away i'm happy, just wondering how their gonna present them in this game, what is their to improve really?

Same here man, he he he... can't wait.:makina:

Not necessarily a direct improvement. But if social relationships between people are no longer the core theme of the game, it makes sense to change it.

Let's just hope they change it for smth just as good as social links.