Persona

p4izanagi

Damn, and I thought was putting in a lot of time, you guys're already on the fourth and fifth dungeons while I'm just beginning the third...

Come on guys, Makoto has always been best girl. (Though Takame is tempting).

I will say, I like Ryuji more than Yosuke honestly. Actually, I like all of the characters in the P5 party more than the P4 party (so far). Might be because of the theme of this one though.

Edited by Shikomizue

Locked down a romance right before the school trip. I than looked at the achievements to discover that less than 2% of people playing the game have done so at this point in time, which of course probably includes people who got review copies.  

That awkward moment when you realize that you are not just a pro at having no life, but you are an Olympic contender.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Almost at Dungeon 6 and i can finally say who best girl.

It's

Goro Akechi

The interaction with the MC is simply the best one i have seen yet. Those two really complement each other imo lol

EDIT:  Ohi forgot to say that Ryuuji is still annoying little shit.

He's definitely my greatest annoyance in playing otherwise this wonderful game

EDIT 2 :

THEY FINALLY ADDRESSED IT. YESH YOU MAY HAVE CHANCE AFTER ALL RYUUJI

Edited by Jade

Is it weird that every time I see "calling card" I read "run through the dungeon destroying any Shadows that get in the way all the way to the boss with badass music playing"?

I have a dilemma. On Normal, the bosses are too easy, but on Hard, the bosses are too hard. What do?

On 4/9/2017 at 6:33 PM, Shikomizue said:

Is it weird that every time I see "calling card" I read "run through the dungeon destroying any Shadows that get in the way all the way to the boss with badass music playing"?

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. :makina:

Anyway, do you guys date all the heroine or just one?

Because, you know, I remember that guilty feeling in p4 val day :notlikemiya:

1 hour ago, MoeKyun said:

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. :makina:

Anyway, do you guys date all the heroine or just one?

Because, you know, I remember that guilty feeling in p4 val day :notlikemiya:

Culture is a rare thing these days, but I have it in spades.

I prefer to just go for one. It's pretty hard when there are so many good choices this time around. I might follow through with my initial interest in Futaba though.

Edited by Shikomizue

F-finally finish the game i can now resume my normal life

That cheating with someone scene is so worth it though lel :wahaha:

Will tell my thought about P5 later compared to P4.

Best girl is Makoto. Yep she is best girl

3 hours ago, Jade said:

F-finally finish the game i can now resume my normal life

That cheating with someone scene is so worth it though lel :wahaha:

Will tell my thought about P5 later compared to P4.

Best girl is Makoto. Yep she is best girl

How many hours did you clock in?

I'm a good 65 hours in, just about to start the 7th dungeon. Should finish the game today, I think. After that it's straight to NG+. This has really made me want to go back and play through P4G though, might have to do that after finishing this. Really wish the characters got a break more often, it feels like it's just shit after shit for them, maybe an extended version like P4G could change it. Gonna have to spend an hour or two fusing persona later as well. What are you guys currently using? Seth has been carrying me since I got him.

Edited by Mugi

I'm currently in my second playthrough, shortly after you get the hermit confident with a playtime of about 95 hours.

The game is great, I still prefer P4G though. While the Palaces are more fun than the dungeons in P4, the music and some gameplay mechanics aren't as good though (especially how you get personas). At least in my opinion.

btw I'm currently using Thor on level 93, it happened to get some very usefull skills when I created it.

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

How many hours did you clock in?

70ish hours i think? Somewhere along that 

2 hours ago, Mugi said:

I'm a good 65 hours in, just about to start the 7th dungeon. Should finish the game today, I think. After that it's straight to NG+. This has really made me want to go back and play through P4G though, might have to do that after finishing this. Really wish the characters got a break more often, it feels like it's just shit after shit for them, maybe an extended version like P4G could change it. Gonna have to spend an hour or two fusing persona later as well. What are you guys currently using? Seth has been carrying me since I got him.

Yeah, i think that P5 have that lack of downtime for the case. Heck imo we almost never seen the whole Phantom Thieves do something as entertaining (or as often) as the Investigation Team.

In fact i think that this P5 is leaning more to Megami Tensei series rather Persona series.

Which is not bad mind you, but it's pretty dang different.

Overall, while there are moment here and there that makes me go 'Holy fuck that is bloody awesome' and while i do think that there are some non-party Social link that are done better in Persona 5, overall i still prefer Persona 4 simply because the latter feel more memorable and not to mention having better girls npc love interest.

Dullest member and social link gotta be Haru tho while the most interesting one is Yoshida

Well, P4 do have the advantage of having an upgraded re-release tho as P4G so maybe we'll get P5Platinum lel

For me, both of the games are on an equal level. If I want good characters with decent interactions and a great story, i'll play P5. If I want good characters with amazing interactions and an okay story, i'll play P4. Do keep in mind I have only done like two confidants (saving most for NG+) and haven't played with Japanese voices yet, so my opinion could change.

P5's biggest sin is having 9 date options, making me play through it 9 times. 

9 minutes ago, Jade said:

70ish hours i think? Somewhere along that 

Yeah, i think that P5 have that lack of downtime for the case. Heck imo we almost never seen the whole Phantom Thieves do something as entertaining (or as often) as the Investigation Team.

In fact i think that this P5 is leaning more to Megami Tensei series rather Persona series.

Which is not bad mind you, but it's pretty dang different.

Overall, while there are moment here and there that makes me go 'Holy fuck that is bloody awesome' and while i do think that there are some non-party Social link that are done better in Persona 5, overall i still prefer Persona 4 simply because the latter feel more memorable and not to mention having better girls npc love interest.

Dullest member and social link gotta be Haru tho while the most interesting one is Yoshida

Well, P4 do have the advantage of having an upgraded re-release tho as P4G so maybe we'll get P5Platinum lel

I'm curious about the comparison of non-pt social links, as I'm feeling the complete opposite, with the P5 confidants overshadowing the P4 ones. Maybe I'm still in the "hype train", but I prefer characters like Tae, Ichiko, Toranosuke or Kawakami. I feel they are much more alive and their stories are much easier to empathize with than P4's.

It does feel like the P5 cast can barely catch a breath, though. Maybe they didn't want to make the game even longer, which also led to the ending not being all that thorough? (or so I've heard from some reviewers, but haven't checked into detail since I'm still not even close to the ending).

43 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Yeah I think the non-PT confidants beat the hell out of the non-party social links in P4. It also helps that almost all of them are 'effin fine as hell.

And singled them out cuz they were the ones being mentioned. Cuz I think there's not even need to compare the party members... I'd take the P5 party any day. I still believe they need to be a bit more daring in this department, but they did feel a little bit less "100% cardboard cut from the clichés drawer."

6 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I'm curious about the comparison of non-pt social links, as I'm feeling the complete opposite, with the P5 confidants overshadowing the P4 ones. Maybe I'm still in the "hype train", but I prefer characters like Tae, Ichiko, Toranosuke or Kawakami. I feel they are much more alive and their stories are much easier to empathize with than P4's.

It does feel like the P5 cast can barely catch a breath, though. Maybe they didn't want to make the game even longer, which also led to the ending not being all that thorough? (or so I've heard from some reviewers, but haven't checked into detail since I'm still not even close to the ending).

Ehh sorry maybe i put it wrongly but i do prefer the Social Link in P5 rather than P4. I can barely remember the non-party Social Link in P4 but in P5 the social link is actually really well done.

But despite that i still like P4 better as a game. Does that make sense?

Also for the Main Character, do anybody have a feeling that while the P4 Protagonist is supposed to be that Cool and Awesome dude from the start of the game ( something which the anime really done quite nicely) the P5 Protagonist actually have us see his growth from being the awkward teenager to confident trickster Gentlemen thief, with his skill growing because of people around him rather than just being Mr.Perfect from the get go like P4 Protagonist.

Love both of them , but it just an impression i got after i play this time

2 hours ago, Jade said:

Ehh sorry maybe i put it wrongly but i do prefer the Social Link in P5 rather than P4. I can barely remember the non-party Social Link in P4 but in P5 the social link is actually really well done.

But despite that i still like P4 better as a game. Does that make sense?

Also for the Main Character, do anybody have a feeling that while the P4 Protagonist is supposed to be that Cool and Awesome dude from the start of the game ( something which the anime really done quite nicely) the P5 Protagonist actually have us see his growth from being the awkward teenager to confident trickster Gentlemen thief, with his skill growing because of people around him rather than just being Mr.Perfect from the get go like P4 Protagonist.

Love both of them , but it just an impression i got after i play this time

Ah, I do agree then. I've yet to finish, so I'll see which one I prefer at the end as a whole, but P4G has always been very at the top of my list of RPGs cuz it's simply excellent. If anything, it's due to P5's improvements that only now I see that some stuff could have been done better in P4.

And same with the MCs. I guess it's also in part cuz Yuu is a city guy going to the field, and so he does have a kind of "cool vibe". While the P5 is a hurt guy, on probation for doing the right thing. I'd say the MC seems to go through his problems from beginning to end, proving that what he did was right, while Yuu appears to be perfect at first, but actually goes through a sort of persona awakening scene much like the other characters during the fight against Shadow Mitsuo (very nicely portrayed by the anime).

2 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Ah, I do agree then. I've yet to finish, so I'll see which one I prefer at the end as a whole, but P4G has always been very at the top of my list of RPGs cuz it's simply excellent. If anything, it's due to P5's improvements that only now I see that some stuff could have been done better in P4.

And same with the MCs. I guess it's also in part cuz Yuu is a city guy going to the field, and so he does have a kind of "cool vibe". While the P5 is a hurt guy, on probation for doing the right thing. I'd say the MC seems to go through his problems from beginning to end, proving that what he did was right, while Yuu appears to be perfect at first, but actually goes through a sort of persona awakening scene much like the other characters during the fight against Shadow Mitsuo (very nicely portrayed by the anime).

Yeah, now i'm really hoping for Persona 5 Anime sometime soon to see how the MC is potrayed