Persona

p4izanagi

I haven't been keeping track, honestly. I think it took me like 5 or something for the first one? Maybe more? You are forced out of dungeons at certain points for story reasons, getting the security level too high, etc. And you essentially have to be ready to fight the boss two days before the deadline. Plus you're going to pretty much have to leave sometimes because SP is relatively limited and your bullets only refill when you do so. Also maybe it's just me but a lot of enemies early on hit pretty hard. Makes me pretty happy that it isn't like P4 where I can just plow through a dungeon in a day.

Edited by Mugi

4 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Wow, that's a whole 2 weeks away. I don't know how you'll manage, Funya, I mean everyone else will only be playing the best JRPG of the decade while you'll be ... twiddling your thumbs and stuff :P 

Actually I have several crucial exams in the upcoming month and the last one is on the tenth of May so provided it doesn't get stolen/stuck at customs, I'll only be able to play the game in 5 weeks.

Furthermore, I don't have a PS4, so I have to save up enough to buy the game on PS3 in the meantime- if I am able to borrow a friend's PS3, that is.

Edited by Funyarinpa

I tried playing on hard then a level 2 jack-o-lantern one hit KOed my main character in the initial underground tutorial area. It's normal for me!

I spent one day in the dungeon proper with all the important features opened up, and it seems i barely made any progress before I started running into nothing but higher level guys and my SP was running low. These dungeons are big, indeed. Most P4 ones took two days for me, or on rare occasions three. This starter dungeon seems like it will be taking me four or more.

My pro tip is to sell the Soma you get for free from that free "DLC" on PSN, you can sell it for 50,000 yen and that's enough to kit out your starter party with good gear and then have a good chunk of change left over for whatever.

edit: Are there any days in which you can't enter the dungeon? If so, I think I will actually spend at least a little bit of time building up some social links so I can improve my fusions. They give you a couple weeks, even with the bigger dungeons it seems like there's plenty of time.

Edited by Decay

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Don't leave it to the last day this time around

Yeah... felt it myself since I played a bit more yesterday, in the end. Left when I was almost to the end cuz I wanted to be fresh and ready for the fight, and found out later on that you actually have to reach the end, then you get out and send the Calling Card to enter for the last time the following day. Not a huge loss, but nonetheless it was kinda derp.

I ended up spending 3 days for the first dungeon. One to get a feel for it, another to get as far as possible before I started to run low on sp with everyone, and a third one where I burned a few recovery items and had some allies die a couple times so that I could reach the end and not spend another day just for a couple rooms.
Also, really nice that upon finishing the dungeon you don't lose the time until the date limit, so you can indeed rush the dungeon as fast as you want, and won't be losing on time for it.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:22 AM, Decay said:

I tried playing on hard then a level 2 jack-o-lantern one hit KOed my main character in the initial underground tutorial area. It's normal for me!

I spent one day in the dungeon proper with all the important features opened up, and it seems i barely made any progress before I started running into nothing but higher level guys and my SP was running low. These dungeons are big, indeed. Most P4 ones took two days for me, or on rare occasions three. This starter dungeon seems like it will be taking me four or more.

My pro tip is to sell the Soma you get for free from that free "DLC" on PSN, you can sell it for 50,000 yen and that's enough to kit out your starter party with good gear and then have a good chunk of change left over for whatever.

edit: Are there any days in which you can't enter the dungeon? If so, I think I will actually spend at least a little bit of time building up some social links so I can improve my fusions. They give you a couple weeks, even with the bigger dungeons it seems like there's plenty of time.

Yeah this games Hard difficulty seems pretty unfair so far, but I'm forcing myself to play on it. I've gotten game over a good 20 times already and I've only played up to 5/5 so far. Really wish the main character was allowed to die like the rest of the party members. It makes the game way to RNG. Unfortunately I didn't get free DLCs(Healing and Skill one) because they go against my gaming principles. So my 1st controlled visit to the castle was in the starting armor and weapons. I wanted to go all the to way to the treasure in 1 run, but SP and Potion restrictions stopped that from happening. I did manage to make it to the the tower(2nd to last checkpoint) on my 1st run though. Hopefully I can manage to make it to the treasure in a single run on the 2nd castle whenever that unlocks.

Just make sure you don't wait until the last day to run the dungeons. You will need at least 3 days. 1 to reach the treasure, 1 to place your calling card, and 1 to take the treasure. I also recommend you DON"T place a calling card on Saturday. You want to have control of your character on Sunday so you can buy the juice from Shibuya.

21 minutes ago, Mugi said:

I feel the exact opposite :rimu:

U lokin 4 a fite ? :reeee:

Jokes aside, what chapter ( or how many Palace you cleared) you on Mugi?

Maybe he'll change in the future, but atm his talk of 'GLORIOUS PHANTOM THIEF SO FAMOUS' is annoying :rimu:

1 minute ago, Jade said:

U lokin 4 a fite ? :reeee:

Jokes aside, what chapter ( or how many Palace you cleared) you on Mugi?

Maybe he'll change in the future, but atm his talk of 'GLORIOUS PHANTOM THIEF SO FAMOUS' is annoying :rimu:

Recently beat the third palace, i'm in process of trying to find the next target. I think best girl might be coming up soon :nokia:

1 minute ago, Mugi said:

Recently beat the third palace, i'm in process of trying to find the next target. I think best girl might be coming up soon :nokia:

Than mean i'm farther than :P

I still need to figure out just who exactly is the best girl before i got to the eventual Harem-but-not-exactly route :OurLordAndSavior:

Same here, I think Ryuji is a superior version of Yusuke. It's still a tired cliché (CAN WE GET A "BEST FRIEND" WHO'S NOT THE CLASSIC LOVABLE IDIOT PLZ), but at least he's not the punchline of every single joke in the game.

Btw, went to the cinema with him and found it really funny that the film we watched had Catherine's OST. Nice touch.

40 minutes ago, Mugi said:

What do you mean? Tae Takame has been available since almost the very beginning :meguface:

Here's my reason as to why i think Yosuke is better, spoiler for Ryuuji's action in Social Link and various info till beginning of Dungeon 4

Im mainly talking about Yosuke attidute compared to Ryuuji. For Yosuke's Social Link at first he too think of Investigation Team as something cool, something to do in the boring Inaba, but eventually he understand that it's not simply that and actually change

This compared to Ryuuji who can't seems to shut up about how awesome Phantom Thieves are, to the point that most of the why people actually know they are Phantom Thieves is because of his action ( ie how Makoto found out, Yelking out loud in a restaurant, and generally just yelling out that  they are the Phantom Thieves. He also doesn't seems to feel guilty or feel any emotion about doing stupid thing since in Dungeon 4 he is still doing the same stupid shit.

But hey as the game told us, every person have their own cognitive about something so maybe i just glorify Yosuke too much due to nostalgia

Edited by Jade

9 minutes ago, Jade said:

Here's my reason as to why i think Yosuke is better, spoiler for Ryuuji's action in Social Link and various info till beginning of Dungeon 4

Hide contents

Im mainly talking about Yosuke attidute compared to Ryuuji. For Yosuke's Social Link at first he too think of Investigation Team as something cool, something to do in the boring Inaba, but eventually he understand that it's not simply that and actually change

This compared to Ryuuji who can't seems to shut up about how awesome Phantom Thieves are, to the point that most of the why people actually know they are Phantom Thieves is because of his action ( ie how Makoto found out, Yelking out loud in a restaurant, and generally just yelling out that  they are the Phantom Thieves. He also doesn't seems to feel guilty or feel any emotion about doing stupid thing since in Dungeon 4 he is still doing the same stupid shit.

But hey as the game told us, every person have their own cognitive about something so maybe i just glorify Yosuke too much due to nostalgia

I'd say you do glorify him a lil bit due to nostalgia. In the end, Yusuke's awakening was him accepting that he did indeed feel (and for the rest of the game) that he's playing superhero instead of going on with his crappy, boring life. Ryuji is the same, but has a different awakening (related to guilt and such). Ofc, I just finished the 2nd Palace, so maybe I'll change my opinion once I get to the parts you're mentioning. But I do believe both characters act similarly, Ryuji being a loud idiot, and Yusuke the butt of every joke. It's just that P5 in general is "adolescents vs those shitty adults", so the other characters have a bit of Ryuji in themselves, too, hence why I don't feel that harshly about him.

Probably.

23 minutes ago, Jade said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ryuuji remembers to go to the toilet BEFORE taking a trip to the other world. This automatically makes him superior as a companion :P 

24 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I'd say you do glorify him a lil bit due to nostalgia. In the end, Yusuke's awakening was him accepting that he did indeed feel (and for the rest of the game) that he's playing superhero instead of going on with his crappy, boring life. Ryuji is the same, but has a different awakening (related to guilt and such). Ofc, I just finished the 2nd Palace, so maybe I'll change my opinion once I get to the parts you're mentioning. But I do believe both characters act similarly, Ryuji being a loud idiot, and Yusuke the butt of every joke. It's just that P5 in general is "adolescents vs those shitty adults", so the other characters have a bit of Ryuji in themselves, too, hence why I don't feel that harshly about him.

Probably.

Yeah most likely i glorify Yosuke.

The fact that i'm a bit mature than my Highschool self probably doesn't help either lel :sacchan:

11 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Ryuuji remembers to go to the toilet BEFORE taking a trip to the other world. This automatically makes him superior as a companion :P 

But they Ryuuji don't get to crossdress :(

...well, maybe he will in later chap? Dunno :D

Edit: I have to say though, except from him every other member SL is awesome i got no complain for now

Edited by Jade