Persona

p4izanagi

21 minutes ago, Mugi said:

What do you mean? You can date pretty much every female social link, and social links always pretty much act like a route.

Maybe memory fails me, but at least in Persona 4 you can't date any of the secondary/tertiary characters (social links). Like the nurse at the hospital you can work at, the mother worried about her not-related-by-blood son, the ghost of a grandma, etc. At least I don't ever remember any of those social links going that way. Maybe Ebihara's first scenes, until you find out she's just frustrated cuz she has a crush on someone else.

4 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Maybe memory fails me, but at least in Persona 4 you can't date any of the secondary/tertiary characters (social links). Like the nurse at the hospital you can work at, the mother worried about her not-related-by-blood son, the ghost of a grandma, etc. At least I don't ever remember any of those social links going that way. Maybe Ebihara's first scenes, until you find out she's just frustrated cuz she has a crush on someone else.

In P4 you can date Ai, Yumi, and that loli looking girl that you get if you join the band club. Ai is tricky though, trying to date her without a guide is like finding the true ending without a guide. Hell, I actually used a guide and still messed up..

Same in P3, pretty sure you can date most of the side girls there too. I think there's only one female social link in 5 that you can't date, so i'm gonna drown in waifus. 

3 minutes ago, Mugi said:

In P4 you can date Ai, Yumi, and that loli looking girl that you get if you join the band club. Ai is tricky though, trying to date her without a guide is like finding the true ending without a guide. Hell, I actually used a guide and still messed up..

Same in P3, pretty sure you can date most of the side girls there too. I think there's only one female social link in 5 that you can't date, so i'm gonna drown in waifus. 

Those 3 in P4? Cuz boy, are they terrible waifus :rubycry:

Keeping my hope up for P5, then.

1 minute ago, Jun Inoue said:

Those 3 in P4? Cuz boy, are they terrible waifus :rubycry:

Keeping my hope up for P5, then.

I actually think Ai's is one of the best (and most realistic, unfortunately) in the game if you actually follow through with it and don't drop it. But yeah the other two kinda suck, especially their designs..

And yeah i've heard the ones in P5 are improved, so i'm pretty excited.

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

The lack of romance in P4 for both the nurse and the stepmother was borderline criminal (but especially the nurse, I mean, damn...).

Lel, what was Catherine from the game Catherine in the middle of the MAD X)

Here's my counter-attack, an AMV that I saw years ago, and saved in youtube cuz I found it pretty delightful as it does smth I love, showing highlights of characters and scenes in the anime/videogame it's using.

Will have to check that out in a bit. And surprisingly, most of the Megaten community consider Catherine to be a proper game in the series. Dungeons, demons, alignments, etc. And out of all the Megaten games it's probably most similar to Persona, so I guess that's why it's there.

16 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Will have to check that out in a bit. And surprisingly, most of the Megaten community consider Catherine to be a proper game in the series. Dungeons, demons, alignments, etc. And out of all the Megaten games it's probably most similar to Persona, so I guess that's why it's there.

Well, its themes and "personality" truly do befit a Persona game, that much is true.

Edited by Jun Inoue

9 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Tuesday the 4th is a weird release date, though... what if we get it this Friday!? :isla:

I think it's one of the best possible release dates they could have gotten. Not much is coming out that month, people are wrapping up BOTW and Horizon, and then MA: Andromeda flopped so people are going to be looking for something else. 

5 hours ago, Mugi said:

I think it's one of the best possible release dates they could have gotten. Not much is coming out that month, people are wrapping up BOTW and Horizon, and then MA: Andromeda flopped so people are going to be looking for something else. 

1984 also begins on the 4th of April 

8 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

518400 seconds left

For us, or you? :sacchan:

13 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

What? Why is that weird? Tuesday release dates are super common, at least in the US, and at least for big titles.

Well, here it's super weird. Most titles get released on Thursday or Friday.

Also, shops are already getting the packages with the game copies, so I do get the feeling we might get a Friday release. Honestly, after so many delays and crap, I feel like Atlus shouldn't get too bothered if the game comes out a few days earlier.

Edited by Jun Inoue