Persona

p4izanagi

I think the dancing game will be the first game I skip in the Persona series since I came across it a few years ago. The musical remixes aren't really all that good (though it could be another case of series fatigue where I'm so sick of hearing those songs in any form), and I already have IA/VT Colorful to look forward to as it seemingly has much better and cooler looking game play.

Enjoy your shitty cash cow! 

It's just Atlus milking P4 for as much as they can until the fans get sick and tired of it.

No point in playing that game, I find.

On the bright side, at least they didn't try to pull off a P3 Dancing All Night where you have the P3MC in purgatory dancing and stuff.  :makina:

I'm only hyped for P5, and really hope they do a port to Vita ASAP...

It's just Atlus milking P4 for as much as they can until the fans get sick and tired of it.

No point in playing that game, I find.

On the bright side, at least they didn't try to pull off a P3 Dancing All Night where you have the P3MC in purgatory dancing and stuff.  :makina:

I'm only hyped for P5, and really hope they do a port to Vita ASAP...

weebs dont get tired of shit like this. Thats partly why all anime and manga and VNs and JRPGs are all so damn similar. There is a set formula and the producers know this.

Persona 4 especially falls into this and is a massive quality dip from Persona 3 in terms of story while having better game play. It literally feels like pandering at times. I really loved the game until my second or third playthrough when I started noticing just how cheesy, and bad it is at times. 

Wish they had picked 3 or even Digital Devil Saga as a cash cow  :holo:

weebs dont get tired of shit like this. Thats partly why all anime and manga and VNs and JRPGs are all so damn similar. There is a set formula and the producers know this.

Persona 4 especially falls into this and is a massive quality dip from Persona 3 in terms of story while having better game play. It literally feels like pandering at times. I really loved the game until my second or third playthrough when I started noticing just how cheesy, and bad it is at times. 

Wish they had picked 3 or even Digital Devil Saga as a cash cow  :holo:

Well, like you said, there's a set formula, and it works for a reason.

P4 definitely has a much lighter tone compared to P3 though, which I guess makes it somewhat cheesy(?)

...Kay who are we kidding, Yosuke had no reason to challenge you to a 1v1 other than some lame attempt to pull off a "I'M YOUR BRO" move.

Heh.

Well, like you said, there's a set formula, and it works for a reason.

P4 definitely has a much lighter tone compared to P3 though, which I guess makes it somewhat cheesy(?)

...Kay who are we kidding, Yosuke had no reason to challenge you to a 1v1 other than some lame attempt to pull off a "I'M YOUR BRO" move.

Heh.

They tried to force too much of the "friendship is magic" in P4, and so it feels much more naive than 3.

Like in P3 the characters battle with their own problems the whole game, unlike in 4 where problems were cleared in pretty much one dungeon.

The bonds between characters felt stronger in P3, since they didn't focus only in the friendship aspect of their relationships. It helps that the character development was tied to the actual story.

And P3 actually took the serious stuff seriously and didn't shy away from darker themes, where as P4 felt lighthearted all the time.

I agree that most of the P4 milking is pretty bad, but the fighting games are actually good. ArkSys did good job making a solid fighting game, the persona fluff is just bonus to some people.

Personally I had no problems with Persona 4.  It was made to be a totally different experience than P3 but it wasn't done poorly in a any way so you can't really blame it for that. 

I do agree that they're milking the series, but most of the games they're producing are still pretty good when compared to a lot of things, so I don't really have a problem with that either.   

Ultimax was amazing cause I feel like it gave me some closure on P3 (which the Answer failed to do on so many levels). 

Here you go: 

https://vid.me/TmOd

Still worried about not seeing new party members.  Otherwise fantastic. 

Agreed - I'm starting to seriously consider that maybe there will only be three party members, which would definitely lower my initial level of interest.

Also, the female Persona user has a cat tail as part of her cat burglar outfit. WTF.

Here you go: 

https://vid.me/TmOd

Still worried about not seeing new party members.  Otherwise fantastic. 

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

So, we'll fight personas? 

Or demons. Scenes from this trailer seem to back up speculation that the persona users are:

a.) not in complete control of their abilities

b.) antiheroes or even flat-out villains (which would be brilliant, imho)

Seeing their gloriously glowing golden eyes as they call out personas never fails to get my hopes up that this will be the case.

• 1 month later...

I finally got myself the Persona 3 official design works, and as celebration I started my fourth playthrough of P3.

This time I'm playing it pretty leisurely, talking to random people and team mates at all possible times and such. There's quite a lot of little cute details if you take your time to explore.

I'm playing modded FES with Japanese voices and English text, in order to experience the game as differently as possible. I was actually surprised how much the 3d environments and character models improve the atmosphere. I had only played P3P before, so I never even though about it. 

Not being able to control your allies doesn't bother me that much, but rate your characters get tired in Tartarus is little too fast. I had to adjust my play style pretty majorly.

And one thing I noticed while playing with the Japanese voices is how different image does Yukari's Japanese voice give. Her English voice sounds little harsh and maybe bitchy at times. unlike her (generally) soft spoken and insecure Japanese voice. The Japanese voice actually evokes the feeling of a pretty girl unsure about what to do in life and what to trust in, while in English she sounds like a drama queen little too often. It feels pretty strange considering the rest of the English cast sounds very similar to their Japanese counterparts or at least have the same feeling in their voices. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am actually playing persona 3, I am almost at the end just before fighting Nyx:

I have some question with the Social Link:

I checked something on p3p and saw a video where at the end of the social link with Akihiko and the female character, Aki ask you if you want to go out with him, if you say no the social link broke.

Now I would ask to ask some question (I am playing persona 3 fes and I am in january, so I didn't finish the game yet)

1) When you max a social link with a female character, does she ask you if you want to go out with her? Or is only with the Female Character as MC in p3p?

2) Do you unlock an event when you max a social link character if you do it soon enough? For exemple, if you max a social link before hollidays, or before christmas, do you unlock an event? (If that's right I guess there is no Christmas event with Mitsuru right?)

3) Do you have to finish a social link a long time before the battle against nyx to get a end with the female character you choose? (For exemple if you max a social link with yukari in november, will it be the same if you max it 5 days before the battle against Nyx or will it be too late?)

4) What happen if you max all girls social link? Do you have a way to make it sound like there is on girl you prefere among all? Like a date even after the social link is maxed?

5) Is the Aigis social link important?

Thank you

I am actually playing persona 3, I am almost at the end just before fighting Nyx:

I have some question with the Social Link:

I checked something on p3p and saw a video where at the end of the social link with Akihiko and the female character, Aki ask you if you want to go out with him, if you say no the social link broke.

Now I would ask to ask some question (I am playing persona 3 fes and I am in january, so I didn't finish the game yet)

1) When you max a social link with a female character, does she ask you if you want to go out with her? Or is only with the Female Character as MC in p3p?

2) Do you unlock an event when you max a social link character if you do it soon enough? For exemple, if you max a social link before hollidays, or before christmas, do you unlock an event? (If that's right I guess there is no Christmas event with Mitsuru right?)

3) Do you have to finish a social link a long time before the battle against nyx to get a end with the female character you choose? (For exemple if you max a social link with yukari in november, will it be the same if you max it 5 days before the battle against Nyx or will it be too late?)

4) What happen if you max all girls social link? Do you have a way to make it sound like there is on girl you prefere among all? Like a date even after the social link is maxed?

5) Is the Aigis social link important? 

Thank you