How to play Kantai Collection?

CCM

From what I've heard, the servers are overloaded and thus new members can only get in through a lottery. Also there is no official English patch, only fans patch and unfortunately those patch are categorized as hacking the game and thus may lead to bans. So yeah Japanese only.

Not sure on others info, wonder if someone can confirm these.

Proxies are the only way. Registration happens through lottery.

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Register

What Jibril said about the patches is true, they may get you banned since they constitute 3rd party software.

But then again, just signing up as an international user with a VPN is ban worthy if they find out.

Like Nosebleed posted there's a guide in the English KanColle wiki how to get in and how to play. There's also a very big English community forum for KanColle (Not sure I'm allowed to post the link :P), I visit that a lot since there's guides for beginners and experienced players alike which help a lot. I also use a program called KanColle Viewer with which you don't need a proxy to play and so far I haven't had any problems.

Like Nosebleed posted there's a guide in the English KanColle wiki how to get in and how to play. There's also a very big English community forum for KanColle (Not sure I'm allowed to post the link :P), I visit that a lot since there's guides for beginners and experienced players alike which help a lot. I also use a program called KanColle Viewer with which you don't need a proxy to play and so far I haven't had any problems.

When I see the steps, I got dizzy.

I'll just wait for the hopefully eventual English localization.

You can read a guide on English forum for Kantai collection if you cannot understand it, though. IMO the guide on the forum is a bit better from the one on the wiki. Also, you can find the forum link on the wiki.

and... I doubt English localization will happen.

Oh. Someone who wants to play KanColle eh?

Just pass the lottery and you'll be on your way to become a kuso great teitoku!

Pls don't let kanmusu sink just because you want to clear the event.

It's sad. ;_;

You already know the basic controls, I presume. So goodluck!

Yeah, I already know the basic controls and it all thanks to the guide on youtube and the English forum for Kancolle (& you guys).

Obviously, I will sacrifice some ship girl to get the thing that I need or want and keep my favourite ship girls from away danger. xD

Congratulations! You're on your way to becoming a kuso teitoku!

I only lost like 2 ship girls in the entirety of my time spent in playing that game.

I lost that red-haired submarine and an Isuzu. Needless to say, it was pretty sad.

I gave up when I hit level 70. My internet couldn't take it lol.