Tears of Yggdrasil Patreon launch

MoonStar

In the scenario of a simultaneous crowdfunding campaign for the same project, claiming that said project will require X amount of man hours and Y amount of resources requiring Z amount of backing, then going to another site and spouting the same thing (presumably without notifying your backers) is being dishonest with funds, i.e., fraud.  It's double dipping to try and game the system.  Even if you explicitly inform backers that funds from two sources are being pooled to achieve the stated goals, this messes up the tracking systems built into each crowdfunding platform to inform backers of progress towards goals.  Even if it's not fraud, it's bad practice (according to crowdfunding guides, not just my word on the matter), and is a warning sign that the project is poorly managed and not likely to fulfill its promises.

Besides all of that, inaccurate information is inaccurate, and it makes the one posting it seem foolish.  That's reason enough not to back a project, especially one like a visual novel where poor use of language in marketing materials has implications for the quality of the final product.

I get what you mean and yeah it does looks bad, is that a reason enough for not backing them? Personally I don't mind a mistake like that but I understand if it puts you or anyone else off.

And yes doing a double campaign at the same time is dishonest if not fraud like you say, but I was trying to think about it in a logical way, if you want to commit fraud you wont do it this way, it's just silly.

/index.php?/user/874-sanahtlig/" title="">sanahtlig

Can you see any link to kickstarter here or can you find our project on kickstarter? No.

We were suppose to go on kickstarter yes but there were some problems that prevented us from launching on there. So we turned to the next best thing that being Indiegogo. Also it is not flexible funding its all or nothing funding.

Why is this not a fraud? Cuz there is no kickstarter campaign as stated above.

Hmmm, I was initially avoiding this because I had question marks over the writing. BUT I had a look at the trailer and it looks decent (can't really tell, it's hard to get a detailed impression from a trailer,) I'll have to give the demo a try. My interest has officially been piqued. Good luck with your campaign, 10,000 pounds is a lot of money to raise.

Hmmm, I was initially avoiding this because I had question marks over the writing. BUT I had a look at the trailer and it looks decent (can't really tell, it's hard to get a detailed impression from a trailer,) I'll have to give the demo a try. My interest has officially been piqued. Good luck with your campaign, 10,000 pounds is a lot of money to raise.

• 2 weeks later...

While I can't help with anything, I want to wish you guys good luck. This VN has one of my favorite combinations of genres, so I hope it goes well.

Thank you very much for your support! Also there is always stuff you can do to help us if you wish. Like help us spread the word about it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be the bad guy and ask you: what are you plans if you can't raise funds after 24 hours? Are you going to cancel the game? Are you going to release it anyway? Or are you planning on doing a a crowdfunding campaign again after brushing things up? 

• 7 months later...

We are ALIVE! 

Hello everyone! I know I know its almost half of year since you heard from us and I’m pretty sure your thinking well their died out since their crowdfunding failed. Well surprise! We are ALIVE! You might say we have risen up the ashes like a phoenix.

First thing is first this project was and is something we are very passionate about this has never was never is and never will be about the funding and money. For the entire time we have tried and look for different methods on how to keep going and keep making what we love namely this visual novel. Heck I even tried moving to the UK and for 3 months looking for a job only to end up coming back with my wrist broken.

But that is beyond the point. At the moment we are redoing the art. We heard how you guys say its confusing and how Ikeshia and Elisven looks better and different then Kusanagi and the rest. And so we asked Pinguin-Kotak to redo the entire art as Ikeshia and Elisven. Also the writing has progressed a lot since we last spoken and the story is nearly finished with all routes.

So bottom line is we are still alive and we are still going putting all our love passion in to this one thing we love doing. As for funding we might do a patreon or go fund me campaign he haven’t decided yet. What would be the your preferred way?

I'm going to be the bad guy and ask you: what are you plans if you can't raise funds after 24 hours? Are you going to cancel the game? Are you going to release it anyway? Or are you planning on doing a a crowdfunding campaign again after brushing things up? 

Sry for this very late response but as you can see we are not giving up even if the crowd funding failed. Nor will we ever give up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NEW COVER ART!

cover_art_yggdrasil_by_moonsttar-d9xo67u

First of I know a lot of you are wondering what happened to our greenlight page. We are sorry to say but we had some problems and issues with our publisher which led to or page being deleted but fear not we will be back in a flash.

Second my position in the country I am (Romania) prevents me from going to kickstarter by my self. So what would you guys prefer search for an alternative and get on kickstarter or go on patreon?

http://strawpoll.me/7260829

Third I'm considering to change the visual novels cuz of a few reasons:

• The name is very hard to pronounce even for me lol.
  • Was in a very sleepy and had a cold when i thought of this name also might have been a little weabo.
  • Also cuz of this (videos are bellow). Personally I dont really want the name end up in list like those.
  • And lastly but not least i dont feel the name does it justice at the moment and doesnt really describe much of the story. Now I'm sure your under the impression from the demo intro that its just a fanservice romantic comedy which it is to some degree but thats just the tip and just the intro. To put it simple and not give spoilers away its more like zero no tsukaima(the familiar of zero) would have been written by my favorite series writer Gen Urobuchi whit some comedy and fanservice to balance it out not be in the way of plot or be thrown out there when its not need it.

http://strawpoll.me/7262718

Follow the development of the story here :yggdrasil.vnovel.com/
Also Like; Rate and Follow us on Indie DB: www.indiedb.com/games/TOY
                                                Facebook: www.facebook.com/YggdrasilVN
                                                   Twitter: twitter.com/YggdrasilVN/

• 3 months later...

The new name of the visual novel has be officially changed to Tears of Yggdrasil.

Everything and everywhere has be updated if i missed a place tell me.

The cover art has be updated with the temp new logo if you like tell me in the comments if not tell me how you think it should look and i may consider it. Also if you think you can do better send a example in my inbox or post it in the comments.

34334-pnkte53k.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! My name is John Valentin (aka MoonStar) and you’re probably wondering why I’m here on Patreon. Well like many of you, I’m a huge fan of video games and visual novels, and over the last year I’ve been working on developing one, it’s called Tears of Yggdrasil.

One of the things I wanted to do was make a game that really broke away from your traditional romance story set in a Japanese high school. So I asked myself, what if we went away from that, and mixed in Norse mythology? And that’s where Tears of Yggdrasil was born (at least mentally).

The World Tree is dying, and your character is pulled into this world to save it. You have to journey through all of the different branches, from our world in Midgard to the highest branch of Asgard, and down to the lowest branch of Muspelheim. Each world has a different problem facing it, and only by uniting all of them, can you save the world tree.

So why am I on Patreon? Well to be entirely honest, I’ve reached the end of my limited funding. I’m more of a writer than an artist, and if I want to move forward with the game, I’m going to need to get the art up to a good standard. The money from Patreon will go towards producing more art for the game, and eventually bringing it to a level where it could go on Steam!
So please support Tears of Yggdrasil and let’s make something great together!

Patreon

35de03c2f9154d65aaa881c7c4b01093.png