Chaos;Head Problem

ZeroAnima

The game crashes when the scene in the beginning where it shows takumis room is shown. Can someone please help me fix this? Thanks in Advance :)/>

PS: i already tried setting my locale to japan , already tried deleting it and redownloading again, and already tried running it as an administrator.

You need to be more specific. I know you read THIS because i saw you. Therefor I have to admit im confused as to why you diidnt be more specific and PROVIDE THE INFORMATION REQUIRED!!

Dear Fuwanovel readers,

Fuwanovel is a friendly place, and if you're posting for the first time in this technical issues forum, it's probably because you've recognized that. Most other VN sites are extremely abusive when it comes to technical support for these games/patches (I speak from experience). With that said, we need to mention that (practically) none of us are IT professionals, and that we do these troubleshootings out of a fan-to-fan empathy. Many of us work full-time, go to school full-time, or both.

Therefore, we ask that you help respect us, and our fun-time, too, by doing three things before/while posting a technical issue:

1. Please search this technical help forum for the issue you're experiencing. We've answered the same questions about many games 3-4 times, and are getting a little tired of doing it again and again.

2. If your issue isn't on the site, please make sure you have set your System Non-Unicode Region to Japan. If you have not done this, we will not help you. It is required by MANY games. End of story. Here is a link to Aaeru's fantastic guide to changing between Japan and your current country: link.

3. If Japanese Location doesn't fix it, please post in this forum. We ask that you format your initial post as follows, answering the following questions. If you do not use this formatting, we will likely not answer your post until you do.

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes/No

Game:

Description of Problem:

Your Operating System:

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find):

Are you running the correct, patched .EXE for the game?: Yes/No

Have you tried Uninstalling/Reinstalling and then Redownloading?: Yes/No

Note: Cybersteel has an excellent supplementary guide for VN troubleshooting. See his post here.

I have to say that if people actually READ the information supplied it saves us a hell of a lot of time in answering the same damn questions.

Hey ZeroAnima,

It's always frustrating when you want a game to play and it's crashing on you. We do need some info, though, before we can help.

I'll echo Ryoji: there are very likely answers to this issue in the Technical Issues forums, and if you can't find it, we need you to follow the forum rules by posting according to these guidelines: link.

Hope you're able to get the issue fixed! If you can't find an answer, don't hesitate to make a post, but please do it according to the rules. Thanks!

If possible adding in system specifications, and what folder you have the game installed into, can help. Since (I'm very doubtful on this), but it's possible that it could be a GPU-related problem , as if I remember right that's around the point they start using some sort of 3d rendering process.

Im so sorry i didnt saw that last part clearly ... i was so busy making a term paper while trying to figure out how to fix this ...

So ... heres my operating system : windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

and about that .exe thingy theres only 1 game launcher in the folder so thats the only 1 that i run.

@archaic: i dont know about installing but if youre talking about the place where i placed my chaos head folder it was in my downloads and i tried playing it but suddenly the game crashed so i tried to find something useful to solve this and found that translationinfo notepad so i got an idea to place that folder on some different location so i placed it in my desktop (same result) and finally in my program files (same result).

if you need more additional info just post it again.

Im so sorry i didnt saw that last part clearly ... i was so busy making a term paper while trying to figure out how to fix this ...

So ... heres my operating system : windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

and about that .exe thingy theres only 1 game launcher in the folder so thats the only 1 that i run.

@archaic: i dont know about installing but if youre talking about the place where i placed my chaos head folder it was in my downloads and i tried playing it but suddenly the game crashed so i tried to find something useful to solve this and found that translationinfo notepad so i got an idea to place that folder on some different location so i placed it in my desktop (same result) and finally in my program files (same result).

if you need more additional info just post it again.

Again, most important part is missing: are you running windows under Japanese location? (Not system language, see the referenced post)

Again, most important part is missing: are you running windows under Japanese location? (Not system language, see the referenced post)

yes i already set my locale to japan as i stated at the beginning. i already played 1 vn (steins;gate) and i didnt have any difficulties playing it.

yes i already set my locale to japan as i stated at the beginning. i already played 1 vn (steins;gate) and i didnt have any difficulties playing it.

Ok, did you search the Forums to see if you questions were answered already? There are 3 Chaos;Head threads already here. Please review them and see if your question has been answered.

Check Here

Here

AND here.

This is why I get so frustrated. Please review/search the forum completely to see if your problem has been solved already. If it hasn't, then you need to give a detailed description and maybe screenshots of the errors your getting.

Ok, did you search the Forums to see if you questions were answered already? There are 3 Chaos;Head threads already here. Please review them and see if your question has been answered.

Check Here

Here

AND here.

This is why I get so frustrated. Please review/search the forum completely to see if your problem has been solved already. If it hasn't, then you need to give a detailed description and maybe screenshots of the errors your getting.

No same problem like im having right now but i will try that 3rd one just in case it works. i will update you guys later if it still crashes maybe tommorow or so ... anyways thanks for the replies :)!

Oh. I think I have that problem too.

Fixing that had been hard, since there wasn't a definite solution for it because there were a number of patches released for the game. Also, since the game was licensed, the patch was made inavailable.

Anyways, i'll try to ask you questions.

First question. What patch did you apply in the game?

second, what chapter have you experienced a hang/crash?

?

You could say that your head has been through a lot of chaos... :lol:/>

Yeah. Because I actually tried patching the game, reinstalling, playing, then patching it again, for each patch that doesn't work.

By the way, I have found that the combination of Chaos;Head Translation - /jp/ ShitCG Beta Edition and that Chaos;Head English Translation RC2 BY ghost [in which I will post the link when it has finished uploading].

The last patch that was made available is the latter, but an install of the VN + Patch RC2, didn't work for me. I had to install VN, then install ShitCG Beta, then install RC2. I don't know, but I somehow managed to finish the game.

There. >__>

Yeah. Because I actually tried patching the game, reinstalling, playing, then patching it again, for each patch that doesn't work.

By the way, I have found that the combination of Chaos;Head Translation - /jp/ ShitCG Beta Edition and that Chaos;Head English Translation RC2 BY ghost [in which I will post the link when it has finished uploading].

The last patch that was made available is the latter, but an install of the VN + Patch RC2, didn't work for me. I had to install VN, then install ShitCG Beta, then install RC2. I don't know, but I somehow managed to finish the game.

There. >__>

glad you got it figured out.

Sorry for the late reply , im still having the same problem after doing the instructions in the 3rd problem.

@awkwardusername patch? i did not apply any i just downloaded the game here and started playing it :P and also the crashing started at the very beginning where it shows takumis room after the scene where he remembers what the title of the essay (i dont know if its an essay or something related to writing) whose eyes are those ...

• 1 month later...

It seems that I have the same exact problem. In my case, to be specific, it works fine until I either click outside the game or another program pops up. At that point the VN stops responding. I guess its still playable that way as long as I make sure not to click on anything other than the VN.

Here is a hard one for everyone for a friend of mine who bought a copy of chaos head (nitro the best edition) and can't get it to work on XP/7 or 8 64 bit

Yes they did switch their locale to japan and they should have the japanese language readable on their computer now.

They installed the game in japanese on their computer and then they put the RC2 patch in the chaos; head folder and let it run normally. the game will load and run on the computer but it loops once you click new game. reloading the starting menu again.