[English Patch Release] Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Nosebleed

They didn't translate the menus/Menu Menu as far as I am aware, due to them being images.

The original script.dat is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z2m0i3msm9zfvat

If you drop that into the same place, does it change anything?

It's fine, I just got a bit confused on how to run it at first and the CRC errors Checking.exe gives is likely because the original script.dat isn't there (from the untranslated release) but works just fine.

Glad its all sorted ^_^, I have to agree though, wish they'd translated the menus as well.

The AlphaRom thing is also a pain, as its all in JP and you need to drag and drop stuff in.

The version Fuwanovel has comes with two shortcuts already setup to use the AlphaROMdiE program "YuukiYunna.exe" and "Launcher.exe".

It's funny how I just noticed I've had my VNDB link in wrong on my profile here, what it tells you is too vague to fully understand what you're meant to put there.

Nope.

I'm extracting that.

I'm already know that if i try to run .exe inside Rar or Zip, error might be happen.

So you get the errors when you're trying to extract the .zip file?

If so you might want to do a torrent re-check.

Or use other software like 7zip but Windows can extract .zip files by itself.

The shortcut it created behaves in the exact same way. If I just double click it, it starts the process but no game window. If I run it with Japanese applocale, it says the application is not valid. If I run it with Japanese locale and Admin, it opens the same blue window again.

Yes, I was indeed running that shortcut. I tried again and same result. 

If I double click the file, it starts the process but that's all. I don't get a game window or anything. I only get the blue window if I open it with Japanese locale and Admin. I was using this http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/328830-How-to-run-Japanese-games before, but even after switching my PC locale to Japanese the old fashioned way, it still behaved the same.

Don't use applocale, change your non unicode settings to Japanese.

AppLocale hardly works anymore, and it likely will not work for new games.

I really don't know what could be causing the window not to open, but what's even more odd is the fact that the AlphaROMdie window opens when you use the shortcut which should not happen.

Did you download FUwanovel's version or did you download the game + patch separately?

Don't use applocale, change your non unicode settings to Japanese.

AppLocale hardly works anymore, and it likely will not work for new games.

I really don't know what could be causing the window not to open, but what's even more odd is the fact that the AlphaROMdie window opens when you use the shortcut which should not happen.

Did you download FUwanovel's version or did you download the game + patch separately?

Well that's a first. 

For me, both methods (Fuwanovel pre-patch and self-patching) cause the AlphaROMdie window to open instead of the game itself when attempting to run the AlphaROM's exe shortcut in non-Japanese locale + using Hongfire's Applocale feature (without opening using Applocale, you won't get the AlphaROM window/the game opens, but obviously since not in Japanese the game crashes).

Everything works fine when in Japanese Locale though

Guess it's time for me to get used to ¥ symbols 

I did switch my system locale yesterday to try it and it didn't work. So I tried to set it to Japanese again, unpack the .zip again and it still behaves the same way. The process starts and I can see it in the task manager, but I get no game window. 

Oh and I downloaded the fuwanovel version linked in the first post of this thread.

EDIT: Managed to work around it. I tried it on my Win10 preview VM and it works there. Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate the effort.

• 3 weeks later...

It's great to know this is out! I apparently managed to miss it for a while.

I've been having some problems though. I downloaded the version up on the site, and I can get the game running just by double-clicking on "YuukiYunna.exe"

However, in the very first scenario the game always crashes when it gets to a certain line.

It's near the beginning when they're cleaning the road and there's a flashback to how Itsuki used to be too shy to greet people.