Period - thoughts on how sad this visual novel jumps in?

Hackrabbits

You can usually gauge how significant a trait is by the number displayed next to it. Obviously, since this is VNDB this isn't always accurate, but it's not a bad guideline. 1.3 usually means the tag only plays a minor role in the novel, but I can't say personally since I have yet to read it.

In general, 1.3 tend to mean someone tagged it for the hell of it and you should more or less ignore it, especially if it's something which can be defined decently well like Nakige. Stens;Gate of all things is listed as 1.5 Nakige, which should tell you about the quality of vndb tagging in general.

dont think so, although there were 2 routes in the game with a bit of drama involved, it was nowhere nakige like. just because some dude cryed a bit while reading, it doesnt mean anything. personally liked especially the last route, cause it felt more natural and could actually happen to s.o.in real life

Err... How about reading a tag description? -.-'

Nakiges don't have to be tragic (actually - they shouldn't be, utsuges are like that). Crying is also optional (and very subjective to begin with).

It's the emotional impact and format of the story that matter here - lighthearted beginning -> romance -> drama/separation -> emotional reunion of the lovers (friends?). And Period follows that formula, more or less. It's a bit more focused on slice-of-life and romance part, hence the lower tag rating.

yeah i know what nakiges stand for and the main issue is not crying here, was simply an example i mentioned. still dont feel like the vn was soo damn dramatic, more or less slice of life, except last route with childhood memories and stuff a bit. cause life is nowhere pink  and ever includes up n downs, it doesnt mean that it must be called therefore a drama, you know. when you look at it from a neutral point of view its simply something that could have happened or actually happened to somebody and i really dont think that most of the people involved would have been overly emotional shaken by it compared to other situations they´ve been through. but in the end, whats emotional and whats not, whats happiness and where does despair begin, thats something everybody must decide for themselve.

Nakige isn't really meant to be sad. Just meant to provoke strong emotional response. Utsuge is the tag you're looking for if it's meant to be tragic or something. Period has it's emotional moments (probably more for me than others as I am a very emotional and easily moved person), but I wouldn't consider it anywhere near the level of a seriously dramatic VN like a work by Key or something.

So far the tags on the vns I've played so far are very accurate, there are a few exceptions on how the rate system works.

For example when you search a kinetic vn and it says 1.3, 3.0, etc the truth is it doesn't matter because there you can't have something more kinetic it doesn't make sense, same with linear plot, but leaving that aside you can trust the tags

I can't talk about this novel in particular and bear in mind that most of the time the nakige or even utsuge tags are hidden because they will spoil the plot for you.