Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling [PSP] (Help Needed)

ShinjiGR

Hi,

I am having a problem discovering some assets of the game Steins;Gate Hiyoku renri no Darling for the PSP and I would like to request some help.

I have found almost everything from the game like text, CGs, background images, character sprites, videos, audio etc, BUT I cannot find the images used in the menu and settings.

The game packs its resources in two big files data0.cpk and data1.cpk which can be easily unpacked. The files they contain can also be easily unpacked and I get the following file tree:

DATA0.CPK

--BGL00.CPK (Large background images TIM2 format)

--BGS00.CPK (Small background images TIM2 format)

--CHL00.CPK (Large character images TIM2 format)

--CHS00.CPK (Small character images TIM2 format)

--CONFIG.CPK (6 very small files!)

--DATA0.CLS (list of the files in this archive)

--FONTS.CPK (font files)

--ICON.CPK (2 png images)

--OBJSY.cpk (UNKNOWN)

--SCENE00.cpk (game text)

--SE00.CPK (sound effects audio files)

--VO00.CPK (voices audio files)

--VO01.CPK (voices audio files)

DATA1.CPK

--DATA1.CLS (list of the files in this archive)

--SE01.CPK (wav audio files, sound effects)

--SE02.CPK (wav audio files, sound effects and pmf video files)

I've identified almost everything, so where can those images be?

For example, in the main menu->System->Manual there is an image explaining the controls. This image is actually composed of three different images one on top of the other and with the use of alpha channel it displays like one. I deduced this with the help of the PPSSPP emulator's debug GE mode, but I can't understand the memory addresses in order to find where those textures come from.

Obviously I checked the uncompressed elf of the eboot.bin but no luck.

Any help would be really really appreciated!

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

System text and images are sometimes separated from the other game images and grouped with system files. In this case, I'm guessing they're either encrypted (so they'd be one of the dat files) or are packed elsewhere.

What files are in OBJSY.cpk specifically?

Unfortunately I don't know what are the files inside OBJSY.cpk. When I extract them I get 1.bin, 2.bin etc and when I look at their raw data they seem to be some kind of container for more files but I can't unpack them further.

I posted the same message in the forums of gbatemp and that's the only answer I got:

"Looks like textures are stored in OBJSY.CPK inside 03.bin or 08.bin for the manual, I'm not sure. sub_B4164 does the decompression, $a0 is output buffer and $a1 is input. Dunno what compression they use since I haven't worked with that stuff, but it's probably some variation of LZ/LZSS (I mean, it's always LZ)."

But I have no idea what he's talking about...

Another poster understood it and posted an extracted pic as a proof of concept but neither of them replied to me as how to actually do it. So if any of you actually understand it and could point me in the right direction that would be really helpful.

To make it more clear, I need a way to extract and obviously reinsert those images.

Thank you.

Try using a normal LZ/LZSS decompressor and see if it works. Otherwise, I suggest searching around for how other PSP games released by 5pb were compressed. It might give you a clue. 

"sub_B4164 does the decompression, $a0 is output buffer and $a1 is input. " <-- I'm assuming sub_B4164 is a file inside OBJSY.cpk. Buffers are basically temporary memory locations where those images are stored before and after compression.

Do you mind sending me the OBJSY.cpk file? I'd like to give it a try with the current tools I have.

I've tried many LZ/LZSS decompressors without luck to all the 13 bin files inside OBJSY.cpk. As for sub_B4164 I am rather certain it is not the name of a file.

If it helps, I was told that the game has the exact same file structure as Corpse Party Hysteric Birthday 2U.

You can find the OBJSY.cpk in the following link along with the cpk_unpack.exe that unpacks it to the 13 bin files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/awkp9by1tj3gpja/OBJSY.rar

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find the transcripts for all 13 episodes of the fictional anime RaiNet Kakeru as they appear on the original Steins;Gate vn? Official translation is prefered. If I remember correctly they came as attachments in various mails, but I don't remember who sent them, at what day, in what chapter etc and I would like to have them all in one place.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ShinjiGR, LTNS..

Thanks to the hint of corpse party, the files in OBJSY.cpk have been identified as the "P2T" graphic file format. It is common for several 5pb-related games.

Here are steps to view these images:

1/ Get the "Corpse_Party_BoS_translation_tools_RikuKH3.rar" by RikuKH3 @ http://gbx.ru/lofiversion/index.php/t101552.html (links @ bottom)

2/ Rename OBJSY.cpk child items: 00.P2T etc. up to 12.P2T

3/ Extract "Corpse_Party_BoS_translation_tools_RikuKH3\GRAPHICS\cpbos_image_batch_scripts\p2t\*"

The extract batch may be modified as follows:

@echo off
for %%f in (*.P2T); do ( echo %%f & "!p2tpro.exe" d %%f )

4/ Browse into the "03" subfolder. Extracted items should be 0.tm2 to 108.tm2 which are standard TIM 2 images.

There are several ways to unpack them, I've packaged a convenient toolset for you:

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/Ma8lEkqJ/file.html

NB: the russian tool is also able to repack, which you may find quite useful.

Nanashi3, out~