.PAK file extraction

http://gbatemp.net/threads/grisaia-no-kajitsu-la-fruit-de-la-grisaia.379721/

This was posted today. I don't know if it's you, but if not he might know?

EDIT: They're PGD files.

Get https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/psnpkgdecryptor-extractor

Rename the .PAK files to .PGD, and drag and drop them onto that program. It'll decrypt them for you. The archive format then just seems to be file count, total file length, then 2 dwords for each file, position and length. A couple of the archives are then followed by what looks like a list of filenames for each file.

So extracting the files is easy, but repacking maybe not so. It all depends on if the game requires the archives top be in that PGD format and doesn't dynamically check, in which case you'll need some EBOOT hacking to add the checking (or just decrypt all .pak files and then skip the decryption, but patch-wise you'll basically have to distribute the full game if you did that).

I also got problem with *.PAK file of PSP game K Gakuen - Wonderful days - .

I wanna extract the sprites from this game, I guessed they're in DATA.PAK file. But when I extracted the iso file by UMDGEN, there're 2 DATA.PAK files, one in INSDIR folder, one in USRDIR folder. I tried extract both of them by GCFScape, it got error like this

20150129-SS1_zps81960931.jpg

When I changed their extension from PAK --> PGD & open them by PSNPKGDecryptor&Extractor, still no luck, it said that the file is invalid. Any help