Community Based VN Proposal

Guest Façade

A boy wakes up in a field on the outskirts of a town, the last week of his memories is missing and a mysterious tattoo is on his chest.

After arriving in the town he notices the locals keeping her distance with the exception of a charming yet sinister looking man with a pirate moustache. the man claims to be Death and unless our hero can solve the riddle of his tattoo he will become the new Death. The protagonist seeks the help of his best friend who directs him to a girl who claims to be missing a week of her memory and a mysterious tattoo.

Can these two strangers recover their memories and learn the secrets of their destiny? or are they doomed to harvest souls for eternity? 

if Ito Masushita is PikoMint , Why not female protagonist non-human (or maybe you want heroine , up to you)?

41205040_480mw.jpg

33842539_480mw.jpg

Theme i suggest will be "Sacrificed not a heroine act" .

Plot story  description

In the future, advanced genetic studies opened unseen possibilities for mankind. After years of research, it finally became possible to create artificial human beings with animal traits .Years pass without any serious accident and yet many accomplish by Artificial human  . Humankind and Artificial human (AH) success in coexistent .

Decade years past later, The protagonist (AH) created with ingenuity as precise as that of a human being and have  been set goal  to research the concepts of "human emotion". Along the way he meets various friends in school life and has contact with them. During the contact of school life ,"curiosity" gradually turns into "affection" .

A huge genocide  in a shutdown genetic research facility, the protagonist  will eventually discover the truth about this scientific achievement and all its implications....

What is there for us in future?
What if you could predict the future?
What if you knew in advance what would happen?
Is it possible to avoid the "Worst future" after foreseeing it?

Or just accept fate?

Thank you for reading till end and sorry about my bad grammar

Alright. Here goes my idea.

Once upon a time, there lived in the land of Visnovella, a knight by the name of Omni. Now Omni was one of those old fashioned knights. He still followed the old religion of Visnovella, and resented those who realized the old religion was quite silly and oftentimes wrong in the face of fact. Still, nobody in Visnovella could question his drive. Omni, however, began to become upset by the new Visnovella. He hated the way the land was being ruled, and despised its new religion. So Omni picked the only option left to him... rebellion.

Now, if you have ever read the account of Don Quixote, you might know where this is heading. Omni had grand dreams of remaking Visnovella in his own way. He dreamed of pure freedom. Everyone was entitled to anything, and he felt he had the masses behind him. 

Sadly, in reality, he merely had himself and a small handful of like minded people. Without acknowledging this fact upfront, Omni unknowingly began sneaking around, trying not to draw attention to his greater plans. He sought after powerful allies who might lend him their strength in his crusade. 

Meanwhile, a new enemy to Omni had appeared. The great dragon, Sepoj had entered the stage. Alongside Gangamamer, and Asuja, Sepoj began entering the lands of Visnovella. However, Visnovella and the dragons had long since set aside their differences and reached a peace agreement. Omni hated this and wanted the three dragons destroyed. Only then could Visnovella truly be free he felt. So Omni began making his moves. Grand moves, that in his mind, would crumble away the foundations of Visnovella and allow him to take charge. These grand moves, however, more resembled a child kicking and screaming that he didn't get what he wanted. 

In the end, Omni continues his childish adventures, never realizing what a giant waste of time he is undertaking. Meanwhile, the observant citizens and leaders of Visnovella sliently hold in their laughter at this poor, misguided man.

There is my idea. It's a tad depressing, but not all stories are meant to be happy I suppose. Thoughts? If this gets done, I'd like a nice commission please. 

This Omni guy seems like a Side Character wanting the spot light but never getting it o-o

He should be called Akari-chan instead

vxzt9.jpg

We are proud to announce that yesterday, we have successfuly contracted a professional Japanese Mangaka known as Ito Masushita to join our team! We are planning to create a visual novel with him as the art director, and release it on kickstarter within the next four months. You can check him out here.

Create a visual novel in 4 months, or create a demo and launch a funding campaign on Kickstarter in 4 months? If it's the former then I'd be worried about the quality (either that or it'd be really short,) if it's the latter then that sounds about right.

I don't know whether you have a Japanese mangaka on board or not, but I'll be eager to see you actually finish something Omni. Maybe if you had concentrated on your VNs instead of launching that silly campaign against Tay, you'd have produced something by now?

Good luck with your RPG (I'm more interested in your RPG than the VN to be honest. Never been too fussed about art style.)

Guest Façade

Greetings everyone, our artist will be holding a live interview session soon where he will talk about the Japanese Doujin industry! It's a great opportunity for any eager mind wanting to learn more about the inner workings of the professional VN world. If you're intetested, please leave a reply saying so :) Ten random winners will be selected. :D

Greetings everyone, our artist will be holding a live interview session soon where he will talk about the Japanese Doujin industry! It's a great opportunity for any eager mind wanting to learn more about the inner workings of the professional VN world. If you're intetested, please leave a reply saying so :) Ten random winners will be selected. :D

What the hell do you mean winners? Is it a contest? Are people fighting for the right to see an interview with whoever this guy is (who is listed as from Indonesia and not Japan oddly enough).

On top of the that, if he is talking about the doujin industry, what would he know about the inner workings of the professional VN world? All of this reeks of bullshit to be honest. You haven't provided any firm details at all, and we have no idea if this guy is actually even on board, or if he even knows of your existence. Has he even acknowledged you anywhere? Because I haven't been able to see anything. 

And don't even get me going on what you've done here on fuwa in the past with your little, "Give me the fuwa the servers pl0x" campaign. 

With so few details, and your constant picking of "winners" instead of offering, and opening this up for everyone, it leads me to think you are just a liar. Feel free to prove me wrong. though. 

Sure~ Its a great oppurtunity! ^_^

Guest Façade

For people who took the thread exactly as it is, you have my most sincerest thanks. Your benevolent intentions are much appreciated. ;)

Everyone, it sincerely makes me depressed that some people can twist this in the worst way possible.

By ten RANDOM winners, I meant ten randomly selected people from everyone interested. A large crowd would only serve to intimidate our artist, who doesn't even feel comfortable posting here because of his English deficiency.

Soildbatman, he's half Indonesian. That's how he speaks any English at all. 

If anything, your twisted logic makes me feel sick, which has turned even the most pure intentions into accusation of bull****.

Guest Façade

Apologies for my previous outrage, anyone.

I'm not mad at anyone asking me questions--but what I cannot stand is the behavior of some users, namely twisting the intention of this thread and accusing it of unspeakable words.

Please feel free to comment, in a PEACEFUL AND CONSTRUCTIVE way.

Thanks for understanding :D

I'm not mad at anyone asking me questions--but what I cannot stand is the behavior of some users, namely twisting the intention of this thread and accusing it of unspeakable words.

It's not hard to understand people's reluctance when you take into consideration your past behaviour, i.e once upon a time certain people took your pure intentions at face value and got burnt. Because of this there is a certain reluctance to take your words at face value again. This is the way of the world - actions leading to consequences. Your previous actions have caused a lack of trust and this lack of trust has led to certain accusations. Entertaining, no?

Anyway, I personally think you'd be an idiot to pull the same stupidity twice so I'm keeping an open mind here. Unfortunately the interview doesn't interest me (I'm interested in the writing process, but not so much the artistic side) but best of luck to those involved.

Also, why aren't you posting this on lemma...?

It'll be held on skype through text only. :)

If you want people to believe you have a Japanese mangaka involved you'll have to show some iron-clad proof at some stage. And yes that's because people don't trust you. And yes that's your own fault.

ONGOING: LIVE TALK SESSION WITH ITO MASUSHITA UPCOMING!

Ten random people from the pool of entrants will be selected. If you're interested, please comment on this thread saying so! :D

Hello everyone. Façade here.

I am the lead scenario writer of Studio Quest, an upcoming Visual Novel / RPG production Studio. We are proud to announce that yesterday, we have successfuly contracted a professional Japanese Mangaka known as Ito Masushita to join our team! We are planning to create a visual novel with him as the art director, and release it on kickstarter within the next four months. You can check him out here.

A sample of his most recent sketch:

Honoka_zpsosuptab7.jpg

As you can clearly see, Japanese artists differentiate themselves from most artists within the EVN crowd by their professional approach to anatomy, combined with extensive experience in both lineart and intrinsic attention to small details. Hence, these elements combined make Japan a bastion of the animation industry and the producer of some of the best Visual Novels ever created. 

Did I tell you Ito has created many games within the professional Japanese development scene and also has a major degree in 2D animation? He will also be creating the OP for the said VN! Combined with our musician, Gian Marco La Serra, I believe we can potentially release a project that can truly redefine the standards of English Visual Novels and perhaps shatter many negative stereotypes surrounding it as well.

So, why am I writing all this? To just show off how awesome we are? Of course not! :D

To celebrate and commemorate this occasion, I'd like to let the users of fuwanovel decide the subject matter of the Visual Novel Ito Masushita will be drawing for. I feel this is a really great way to contribute back to the community and really show how a combination of intelligent opinions can form something beautiful. Your opinions and input will be factored into the story, influencing major decisions such as genre and characterization. 

If you'd like to participate, all you need to do is to comment on tis post answering this question:

If you could direct a visual novel of your choice with the best staff available, what would it be like and why?

Since there is much more flexibility in story compared to art, I'd be really grateful (and it'd definitely be most helpful!) if you could focus your suggestions to plot--and story--related elements.

What kind of While all opinions will be taken into account, I might have a reward for the most comprehensive / insightfull responses...... ;)

*insert evil laugh here*

LET THE SUGGESTIONS BEGIN!!!!!! :D :D

Have fun, everyone~ ^_^

_Façade

I've been wanting to say it for a while now, but why do you actually always feel the need to show your worth by belittling literally the whole EVN scene? I mean, of course you can boast about how your art looks nice, because it does, but at the same time if you're really confident in the quality of the art, can't you just say so without insulting every OELVN artist at the same time? What's more, taste in art is a very subjective topic. You say that japanese artists have a better approach of anatomy : Surely you've read KEY works right? Not sure I can say that the body proportions are "professionals" (I mean, dem eyes that take half of the face...), even though I do love Key art style. Believe it or not, Western people (and not necessarily us, since we are people who are accustomed to japanese animation) might actually prefer games where girls actually don't seem to all have breast implants, or have ridiculous body proportion that I doubt it's actually possible to attain in reality, or faces where the nose is nearly non existent and where eyes take half of the space?

I just find it really rude, especially since you're partially also criticizing people that, them at least, managed to release a completed project.

Also, from time to time, some humility wouldn't hurt. Hopefully you know this word if you're a writer. Maybe instead of going "I shall bestow upon thee the privilege of participating to what will become the most awesome project that you'll ever see!" , something like "I'd like to have some help brainstorming potential idea for the scenario!" would be a good change of pace. Well, I might be asking too much I guess.

Anyway, still, best of luck on your future endeavors. Hopefully this time you'll manage to reach the kickstarter phase.

After that comes the usual Slice-of-life highschool theme. The protagonist is quite well-liked at school. His grade is above average and he's quite good-looking. 

The protagonist then come back home after school ends with his friend (the osananajimi heroine?). On his way home, he sees some polices on the street, occasionally asking the pedestrian. The protagonist asks the girl what's happening. The girl is quite surprised hearing he doesn't know it and says that there has been a lot of murders lately.

I don't know. The intro sounds a bit like Lucid9  :ph34r:

I saw what you did there...

Guest Façade

Got a bit caught up with miscellaneous comments that I forgot to update the ideas list :( 

Sorry everyone! 

Here is the suggestion list ver 2.0:

1/25/2015:

• Romantic High School comedy about SolidBatMan's high school years, courtesy of Solidbatman
  • Working simulation + yandere heroine VN, courtesy of Krill
  • Chunnibyou VN, courtesy of Kendjin
  • The "inverse VN," courtesy of Palas
  • A genre shifting VN, courtesy of Kurisu-Chan

1/26:

• A fictional girl come to real life haunting the protagonist, courtesy of Zakamutt
  • "Sakura-chan to Run no copyright Infringement Monogatari," courtesy of Nose
  • A murder apocalyptica tale, courtesy of Roach
  • Awakening with a tatoo and a fate to become a shinigami, courtesy of Alex
  • A story about artificial humans and the dark secrets behind them, courtesy of SoulJustIn

Also, please keep in mind that spots for the live interview session is still open. So far the only registered people are OriginalRen and Tohka.

Thank you very much to everyone who donated their ideas! Much appreciated :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special note to users who continuously troll the thread:

Your comments are unrelated to the subject matter that I have explicitly stated, therefore defies the purpose of this thread. Please stop making inflammatory comments and obscuring the topic in question; your comments should be directed to my PM inbox, not as replies on this thread. From now on, such comments will be disregarded.

On the contrary, I believe the legitimacy of the mangaka you’re working with relates to the very essence of this thread.

Your trustworthyness relates to the legitimacy of your mangaka colleague which in turn relates to the very essence of this thread.

Your past behaviour relates to your trustworthiness which relates to the legitimacy of your mangaka colleague which relates to the very essence of this thread.

Whether you wish to ignore such concerns is up to you, but I don’t believe labelling a ton of posts on this thread as “trolling” is very accurate. I also disagree that they are unrelated to the subject matter at hand.

You could have stopped the comments on the first page. People want to see proof this time and you're squirming your way out of answering *shrugs*

Guest Façade

Hahahahaha......

Not my evidence, nor my effort, is worth the illness plaguing this forum. If anything, the biased nature of an oligarchy has been proven yet once again.

Farewell. I will privately message those good-hearted individuals who have taken this thread for what it is.

As per the rest of you--

--enjoy living as blinded citizens in a stagnant world. You may have it all to yourselves.

I'm not taking any further comments.

_Façade

P.S.: Originalren, I hope your vain attempt at insulting me made you feel better :D