Visual Novel Sales

kyrt

No one ever said buying visual novels would be cheap but if you have patience and have a keen eye you can find some pretty good sales that will make the hobby less damaging to your wallet. That's what this is going to be; this is going to be a place to post sales listings for visual novels as well as notify people of any upcoming limited edition physical copies. I don't believe I've seen something like this on the forums yet so apologies if this already exists. I'm probably going to be constantly updating this first post whenever there is a sale and I'll give notification when I've updated it. I'm going to mainly be doing english translated visual novels but I would be happy to also post sales for non-translated visual novels as well if people would be interested.

aUzNSLY.jpg

The new J-List website is still a ways off, but we have a brand-new version of Megumi, our kawaii mascot, and to celebrate we're going to give everyone a $10 coupon that you can use for any purchases of $40 or more. Enjoy, and thanks for being an awesome J-List customer!

- If that was not enough Mangagamer also has two separate sales going on right now.

The first is at Groupees

For a minimum of 3 dollars you get Ruby Striker and Warrior Princess Asuka

For a minimum of 10 dollars you get the games mentioned in the 3 dollar tier along with Slave Witch April, Touma Kojirou's Detective File - Murder at the Opera, and Sandwiched between my wife and her sister.

For 20 dollars you get everything mentioned at the 3 and 10 dollar tier along with Deardrops.

Mangagamer

Back to School Sale

dacapo.jpg

Da Capo $29.95 $20.97
dacapoif.jpg Da Capo - Innocent Finale $19.95 $13.97
kotoriloveexp.jpg Kotori Love ExP $34.95 $24.47
dacapo2.jpg Da Capo II $44.95 $31.47
edelweiss.jpg Edelweiss $29.95 $20.97
edleweisseidenfantasia.jpg Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia $19.95 $13.97
edelweissbundle.png Edelweiss Bundle $39.95 $27.97
kirakira.jpg Kira Kira $29.95 $20.97
kirakira-aa.jpg Kira Kira - All Ages $19.95 $13.97
kirakira-cc.jpg Kira Kira - Curtain Call $19.95 $13.97
kirakirabundle.png Kira Kira Bundle $39.95 $27.97
otoboku.jpg Otoboku $44.95 $31.47
harukoi.jpg Harukoi Otome $49.95 $34.97
imhhw.jpg If My Heart Had Wings $14.99 $7.49
dacapo2.jpg Da Capo II - Hardcopy $44.95 $33.71
otoboku.jpg Otoboku - Hardcopy $44.95 $33.71

Flash Sale - Last Day Only!
Orion Heart $24.95 $12.48
Magical Teacher $24.95 $12.48

All Visual Novels are also an additional Buy 3 get 15 percent off and it stacks with the 10 off coupon. This works for pre-orders Link directly to J-List's english translated visual novels is right here: the 15 percent off does not show up unless 3 titles are in the cart and the 10 dollars off requires use of the code. Hope that helps.

Yet another visual novel sale this one at indiegaga. Pay 9.99 or more to get this bundle...considering most of these games are about 10 dollars or more on their own this can actually end up being a great price. The other visual novel sales are still going on as well.

aA5nXSll.jpg

Is Hanachirasu on the lower or higher end of the 2-10 hour spectrum? 

From what I've heard I believe it's about 4-5 hours for a first run through although the game supposedly has six endings, three of which are only unlocked after playing through the game once. So probably a bit on the higher end of the spectrum I'd say if you add up all the routes together...assuming what I've read is accurate or that I haven't misunderstood something.

Slight edit to the OP I fixed the girlfriend is the president link to go to the main game and not the fandisc although the fandisc was added right next to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tiny update (info in first post) for steam sale for mangagamer products for any interested in all age versions of a few titles plus pre-orders available for Lightning Warrior Raidy, Sunrider Academy, Starless, and Higurashi for any interested.

thanks for that I usually check the 18+ as well because generally Steam has sales around the same time Mangagamer does for their vns but I forgot this time. I've added it to the first post for convenience. 

I'm a little sad about the Eden* sale because I bought it at 20% off recently pretty much just because it was on sale, I needed a new VN, and I like racking up MG Points. I could have gotten it 50% off if I'd waited ;(

I'm definitely getting Cho Dengeki Stryker because it's the only one on the MG sales I don't have, and I did buy Little Witch but not from Steam because 18+ content OP as always.

Cho Dengeki Stryker's adult verison on MG's site [links NSFW] is also 50% off at $22.47, Same with eden* Plus+ mosaic (at $12.47 atm).

Holy Jesus, I'm making an account and buying that as soon as I find my damn wallet.  I was interested in the Steam version, then I found out that the all-ages version censored more than just the h-scenes, and my interest disappeared.  Glad I can legally buy it at a discounted price ^_^

EDIT: eden* PLUS+MOSAIC get!  Duh duh duh dun!

I found out that the all-ages version censored more than just the h-scenes

Nah. It's just 2-3 CGs without blood (and one with underwear instead of nothing). Nothing really important (I can understand you, though) and h-scenes aren't even in the main game (but this is cool, because h doesn't suit eden*).

Nah. It's just 2-3 CGs without blood (and one with underwear instead of nothing). Nothing really important (I can understand you, though) and h-scenes aren't even in the main game (but this is cool, because h doesn't suit eden*).

Eh, taking out blood is enough to irk me.  I'm an adult, I think I can handle seeing fake blood  :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steam also has quite a few things on sale at the moment as well as denpasoft and a few titles scattered around elsewhere. The first post will be updated probably within a half hour for any interested in more detail about any sales.

I usually buy my games directly from jlist/mangagamer myself but it doesn't hurt to try and promote some of these games. Interesting enough but there are in fact people on this very forum that prefer the all ages versions of games to the 18+ ones and when in some instances the only thing getting cut is the h-scenes picking up a game for 50%-75% cheaper is sometimes worth it.

The first post has been updated with a bunch of steam summer sale prices/games with links and the like. I am also going to be doing a separate section at the bottom of each sales post for limited edition pre-orders (or for more popular games regular pre-orders) since sometimes people are interested in those.

just a heads up Eden is likely going to be even cheaper tomorrow after 10:00 am PST for the Steam summer sale...apparently a milestone was reached which means we can expect a further discount on it beyond the 50% for tomorrow only.

• 4 weeks later...

First post was updated for the J-List con sale and the JAST USA download only sale. Both of these expire probably on 07/13/15...although there is no indication for JAST's website so I'm making a few assumptions.