Temp Position: Organizational Advisor

Tay

Intro: We're really fortunate to have a large group of people who are willing to give their time and skills to the community. That means there are a lot of projects and to-do items to track. On my own I'm a pretty organized guy (I use a combination of Google calendar, Wunderlist, and OneNote). That doesn't always transfer well to a broader community coordination where I need multiple community leaders to access my information.

Job description: For the next 2-3 weeks I need somebody who is the right kind of crazy (no offense intended -- I'm the same kind of crazy). Do you love being organized? Do you know of a bunch of potential online resources that help individuals/groups stay organized? I need somebody to help me brainstorm some good options for an online-based coordination system, based on our programs and needs.

Duties: Essentially I will explain all of the moving parts and things we need to collaboratively track, and you will help me find the best ways to do so. Doesn't have to be one single service, but it does need to be online and accessible to more than just me (read: other community leaders need to be able to access it).

Requirements:

• Time: Over the next 2.5 weeks you and I will asynchronously chat (Skype or Google hangouts is best for me, but I can be a little flexible), probably write a ton of PMs, and keep a running log of our ideas in a google doc as we search for a good organization solution. The job won't likely go much longer than that.
  • Skills: Have a pulse on the different online options out there and/or be willing to help me research them
  • Privacy: You'll be working pretty closely with me and you'll hear about all sorts of stuff in the pipeline (because we'll need to find ways to organize all the different types of projects). I'll need you to keep those plans confidential until they're announced publicly.

Rewards: Up for discussion.

How to apply: PM me or email me (my email is archmagetay at yahoo . com)

Edited by Tay
Because Fiddle.

Since this sounds like one of the tasks will be to find a fitting task-management tool I'd like to offer my JIRA licenses for consideration. Included are JIRA, JIRA Agile (interesting for web dev tasks), Bamboo (Wiki), Confluence (file sharing) and Stash (private source control frontend for Git or Mercurial). They're popular with software development firms mostly, but can be used and adapt to any kind of tasks that need management and tracking.

It's a pretty basic license supporting up to 10 users.