OpenLamune

zoom909

Scripts for Lamune are now available for anyone who wants to adopt and work on it.

Well, I've had a few fun years as a translator-editor.  I feel like I've learned the trade enough to be self-sufficient--how to translate, edit, test, even the basics of script hacking.  Still don't know about menus, images, OP videos and stuff.

Even though I'm the type of person who feels the need to be in control, it's high time for a change.  I had to switch jobs last year and that's a big part of the reason why.  Anyway, after living in denial for several months, I must admit I cannot really work on this anymore.

I can still serve as a contributing translator and a temporary project coordinator.  But it's definitely going to require a new staff in order for the game to make reasonable progress.

The progress so far is:

common area done

Nanami route done

Nanami H-scenes done (by Pabloc/Cyrillej1)

Hikari route partway done (sorry, I don't have the figures atm)

Suzuka route TBD

Tae route TBD

side stories TBD

script tool is fully working (by SomeLoliCatgirl)

If interested, let me (and each other) know what it is you want to do (translator, editor, project coordinator, tester, etc.)

I'm interested in working as an editor if the position is available. Are the scripts text documents or do you work on them on a spreadsheet?

They are text documents...and I looked at your profile and I'm fine with you being an editor, although how much editing you'll actually be doing is probably dependent upon whether we get other translators to help or not...

And then I've got a question for you...do you like to play-test the game as you make changes, or like to make changes by solely looking at the scripts?

They are text documents...and I looked at your profile and I'm fine with you being an editor, although how much editing you'll actually be doing is probably dependent upon whether we get other translators to help or not...

And then I've got a question for you...do you like to play-test the game as you make changes, or like to make changes by solely looking at the scripts?

Playing alongside the VN would be the best scenario, but I'm comfortable with merely having the scripts if that's the only option. Do you have save files for specific portions of the game so someone could follow along with the script?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure zoom909's completely dropped the project by now. With that said, I think he'd be willing to give out tools / scripts were a decent translator to step up. Finding a capable translator is always the first, most necessary step and usually the hardest (though you could argue that finding an actually decent editor is about as hard).

On 16/9/2016 at 7:00 PM, Deep Blue said:

it would be a good idea to start this project again since lamune 2 is coming out pretty soon

From what I read on the game page, Lamune 2 isn't a sequel to Lamune. There are some throwbacks in, but that's all.

I'd totally love if someone translated both though xD.:sacchan:

2 hours ago, OutoftheBox said:

does anyone have the partial patch? zoom deleted everything from their website

I think it's here 

1 hour ago, RedK said:

From what I read on the game page, Lamune 2 isn't a sequel to Lamune. There are some throwbacks in, but that's all.

I'd totally love if someone translated both though xD.:sacchan:

It's really easy to read (like 90% of nekoneko games) so if you are studying japanese and you want to read something simple this is the perfect novel...again not a very good one or anything and they even did an anime of main story (and the most interesting one) so you don't even have to read it if you don't want to xD

20 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I think it's here 

It's really easy to read (like 90% of nekoneko games) so if you are studying japanese and you want to read something simple this is the perfect novel...again not a very good one or anything and they even did an anime of main story (and the most interesting one) so you don't even have to read it if you don't want to xD

I didn't mean just for me xD, and I disagree, Kataoka Tomo is an underrated writer, nobody does ponkotsu better than him.

On 22/9/2016 at 9:33 PM, RedK said:

I didn't mean just for me xD, and I disagree, Kataoka Tomo is an underrated writer, nobody does ponkotsu better than him.

I never said he was a bad writer he is one of my favorites but he doesn't writer in a "complicated" way, he writes in a really simple way yet effective, just read narcissu for example even when he goes all chuuni (like in little iris) he is still easy to understand in comparison with other writers
sumire is easy, sanarara (the chapters he wrote are easy) 120yen stories are almost for a child to read, giniro, lamune, mizuiro, etc etc xD he is a writer easy to read, in fact some people complain about this saying that his prose is too simple (I don't think you can say someone is a bad writer because its prose is simple but that's just me)