Eden* soon to be released?

Clephas

Apparently, Eden* is going to be released at the end of this month.  For those of you who were looking for something truly fascinating to play, it is a good choice.  It is also the only Minori game I like without reservation, lol.

Be prepared to weep like a small child who has been repeatedly beaten with a giant pickle and plastic spork, though.

For those who are interested, Eden* is a mild utsuge based in a future earth that is on the verge of destruction by a meteor.  Large numbers of humans are escaping on colony ships constructed by artificial humans called 'Felix'.  The protagonist is sent to an island to serve as a guard for the Felix responsible for the design of several important parts of the ships.  To be honest... I can bring myself to tears just remembering this game.  The way it is told is poignant and the subject matter and characters are interesting enough that it is easy to become emotionally involved.  It is always nice to see a kamige added to the list of the translated, lol.

How does Eden hold up in the art department? Undoubtedly ef's strongest quality was the sheer amount of art, and it wasn't bad either. I think the scenes with CGs outnumbered the scenes without them by a pretty large margin. But that game also took them years to make. I was wondering how Eden compared.

Does the eden plus+mosaic version bring anything meaningful to the table with H-scenes or should I just nab the steam version?

You could get the non-Steam version on MG's site for a free Steam Key, unless you're having problems with it.... I dunno if there are meaningful differences with +Mosaic, but the original is on their site, too.

Anyway, I caved and preordered this last week. The price is too good... It's short enough I'll probably drop everything after my midterm on the 31st to finish it.

The addons mosaic gives you don't seem to be significant, but they apparently include some more blood in cgs in main, as well as one heroine no longer wearing clothes during one scene (instead of a bikini). The MangaGamer staff blog has some more information [NSFWish].

Plus+ costs just 5 bucks more than regular at the moment by the way (preorder), it's heavily discounted from the apparent full price later.

I'm glad to see MG and other companies trying the split release model. The Western fanbase definitely acts like a scorned lover when a game is released on one side of the fence (IMHHW), but a Steam release is good for them and the rest of VNs. 

Otherwise... Really excited for eden. I hope this one will pay off big for MG.