The Best AMVs Thread

harry_kinomoto

Mad Vids are basically fanmade videos inspired by a series (anime or VN). They are more than AMVs (anime music videos), as they often feature elaborate video editing. It's difficult to define it beyond that, so here's an example from Chuunibyou...

...and one from Little Busters~

They're usually (but not invariably) produced by the Japanese fanbase so most can be found on NicoNico, but the best tend to get ported over to YouTube. Share and discuss your favourites here!

In nicovideo have almost a spam of MAD's. The Worse that you can get is some bizarres videos... with... hard to tell; anyways

Chuunibyou the most funny is that the music "Kokoro Odoru" lyrics bizarrely fit the protagonist feeling.

Why not another MAD with the same music? This MAD make anyone wanna learn Mahjong

Anyways best animation about mahjong so far (well w/o count the fan-service, yes).

Why not another MAD with the same music? This MAD make anyone wanna learn Mahjong

*Saki Mahjong MAD*

Anyways best animation about mahjong so far (well w/o count the fan-service, yes).

Hahahha I rmb there was a version in which there was like ONE guy "singing" all the parts for this and it was really good lol! You've made me want to listen to it now~

This last one counts as an AMV I guess, but the editing is done extremely well.

*High Correction AMV(?) link*

Now THIS is the reason why I said MADs are difficult to define. I suppose purists would argue that one isn't a MAD because they more typically don't use such smooth transitions from scene-to-scene, and have elaborate embedding. That being said though, NicoVideo has many vids that don't share these features, yet are labelled MADs.

Meh, screw the definitions. I say just keep posting your favourite fanvids!

I've not watched Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but you don't need to to recognise that that is one SWEET vid. Def going to check out that anime now!

oh, I can only post 2 media files :(

some of my currently favorite MADs (I change them on weekly basis)

and then I am currently addicted to kirby's sand canyon so few from there

and rest you have to click yourself:

and then natural transition to yuruyuri mads

http://youtu.be/CrrNSEWc9yg

gorakubu VS seitokai!

and then I have some emotional MADs that are basically some cuts from the dramatic moments and such from VN's like Little Busters or Hoshimemo, but it is more as a memory and contains tons of spoilers so I will not post those.

Instead this awesome one from Hidan no Aria, actually I started watching that anime after I saw this MAD :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I was rewatching one of my favourite AMVs, I think its a good blend of good musical choice and good clip choice.

I haven't made any new ones in the last year, but it makes me want to pick it up again, but for now, what AMVs do you love?

If you watch this and I mean really watch it, I feel its a rollercoaster of emotion.