Inclusion of GIFV format in forums

GifV Media Tag

As many of you know, Imgur released a new "format" called GifV. It is pretty much just a h.264 video without controls that plays on loop.

The main reason for this, was to decrease filesize, as GIF is not an ideal format for longer files or larger. (there is also hope that mp4/webM format may be allowed in the future)

As more and more content on the site is moved towards this new format, we are left without means to link these as we would a GIF file.

I'm posting this here, mostly to see if there is interest or issues with this, at which point we can push for implimentation.

I'm posting this here, mostly to see if there is interest or issues with this, at which point we can push for implimentation.

There you go again, disturbing the peace with your newfangled, anarchist ideas. 

I'm on to you, Kendjin. Watch yourself.

Hype train?

http://i.imgur.com/ocna0s2.gifv

Hype train. :Kappa:

Posting the .gifv URL is enough since the forums are set to auto-convert, otherwise wrap them in the tag.

Thanks for that :heart: hype train fer days

http://i.imgur.com/AXAoFL0.gifv

Wait, why didn't this work for me?

Just a quick reminder:

Have fun with these, but they should be included in spoiler tags to prevent them from auto-loading (and auto-playing) for slower devices and people with bandwidth quotas.

^this.