[Poll 5 is live!] Tay's Hatemail Grab Bag

Tay

Is your blood boiling because of certain, recently locked posts? Well boy do I have a solution for you! Come and harmonize your rage with today's winner "Ramenadon".

Hi Tay. I saw that you run Fuwanovel. I think you're a F*****G N*****G A*****E (< these were in all caps, btw) for continuing Aaeru's C*********S F***FEST (< those were not originally in caps, but caps are fun) of a site but I am desperate. I have a report due in my economics class and I need information about the okatku industry.

-Ramenadon

Hi Rame,

I'm actually quite confused about a lot of things from your email, but I'm bizarrely interested in it, too. Kind of like driving past an accident on the highway. What do you mean "otaku" industry?

Tay

I meant everything I said. I take nothing back.

Like anime I guess what do you know about anime and the japanese and world economy?

Hi Rame,

I... I'm not acctually sure why I'm responding. But I am. Here you go:

You realize I'm into VNs and not anime, right? Well, here's what I can tell you: anime home video sales are pretty substantial in JP (>$1B per year) and licensing revenues aren't as high as you'd expect: sites like Crunchyroll are only paying ~1k-3k per episode depending on its popularity. Licensing agreements between Japanese and Chinese/US/Euro companies aren't as lucrative as you'd expect, either. I'm not sure that I can give you concrete numbers, though.

I know that Mr. Abe, the PM, has said on multiple occassions that Anime, Manga, and video games are going to be a "major export" of Japan in the years to come and that he's supported lenient taxing schemes on these kinds of developers/artists. From what I've read Japan's anime economy tends to bubble up and then burst, though, so I'm not sure what to tell you, specifically. 

Your line "what do you know about.... the world economy kind of scared me. Are you in a university economics course? Isn't what you've been learning all semester? The only "global economy" tie-in I can think of is how all of this is impacted by the strength of the Yen. That'll affect each company's bottom line in the western markets.

Tay

What do you mean the strength of the yen?

Hi Rame,

Am I writing your report for you, now?

Tay

No but what do you mean strength of the yen?

Hi Rame,

Currency. Comparative currency. Are you really taking a course in economics!? Take a look at http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/, and for the love of the money you're paying for school... go read your textbook.

Tay

(~2 weeks pass)

I F*****G FAILED BECAUSE OF YOU. I HOPE YOU DIE IN A POOL OF VOMIT WHILE F*****G FUWANOVEL

Hi Rame,
You mean your assignment got an F?
Tay

YES. F*****G F. I'M GOING TO FAIL THE CLASS NOW THANKS TO YOU

Hi Rame,
What was the prompt of the essay? What did you *write* in the essay?
Tay

It was supposed to be about cable programming structures

Rame... WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE ANIME INDUSTRY? OR "OTAKU" ECONOMICS?
Tay

f*** off

Bye, Rame. Good luck next semester. And read your textbook.

Tay

I guess he likes F's.

Most of the "hatemail" I get (and am posting) is filtered in my inbox using the "F" word and other lovely words, so pretty much all of them in this thread will have at least one or two of them.

Ahahaha XD

Tay's a nice man to treat that PM seriously. If a person asks "someone-they-hate" for help on school related matters, and if that person also takes the time to emphasise that hatred during their "plea for help"  he's either a) trolling or b ) an idiot. I suspect it was the former.

I get a lot of these kinds of emails, and every now and then one of them is so weird I just have to respond regardless of intent. It's possible this exchange was him/her trolling, but I'll take it either way ; )

What will happen with the hatemail which isn't selected by our vote?

Will you put it out in a basket in the forest for the wolves?

Will you make it fight to the death for your amusement?

Will you tell a hunter to take it into the forest and kill it?

Seriously though, Is there a chance for us to be able to see all of these "choice cuts" in the future?

Seriously though, Is there a chance for us to be able to see all of these "choice cuts" in the future?

I second that. 

It's like when I sometimes want the thighs, but I still like the breast.

you could make a best of tays hate-mail pdf and put it somewhere on the site.