Chross Channel virus? (SOLVED)

Unfortunately, this happens a lot with this (and other) games. I'm a security nut, so I use lots of peripheral observation programs when I run the game, but so far I've had no issues. (I'm using the Fuwanovel game download)

My Norton keeps saying the Chross Channel Eng exe file I use to start the game is infected and keeps removing it. This is not a problem I've had before, with other things. I just downloaded the game yesterday.

Where did you get the game from?? If you got it from Fuwanovel I can guarantee that its a false positive.

I got it from here.

False positive? All I know, is that when I try to launch the game, Norton says it is dangerous and automatically removes it.

hmm, Norton is well known for that sort of thing. Its not a virus. just add it to the excluded list so that Norton wont scan that folder. I have it on my computer right now and im not having any issues. Its NOT a bad file.

No luck. Added both the folder and file, but Norton just scans and removes it anyway.

If you add the folder to be excluded from being scanned, it shouldnt be scanned/removed.

Here are instructions for excluding a folder/file from being scanned.

Click Settings.

In the AntiVirus and SONAR Exclusions pane, next to Items to Exclude from Scans, click Configure.

If you want to exclude a file from scan, under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you want to exclude, and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

In the Scan Exclusions window, click OK.

If you want to exclude a file from Auto-Protect, next to Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection, click Configure.

Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you want to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

In the Scan Exclusions window, click OK.

In the Settings window, click OK.

Thanks. I think I've got it now. But I'm still playing Ever 17, so I'll probably beat that first. I love these trapped games the most, I think.

Great glad we got it figured out. I know youll really enjoy both Ever17 and Cross Channel. If you have any other issues, dont hesitate to ask!!