What Light Novel are you reading right now?

Jibril

I watched the first 10 minutes of Serei Tsukai before turning it off in disgust.  What made me angry the most is how utterly bad the sound quality of the anime was.  It honestly sounded like they did it over a phone call  :vinty:

And now that you had to notify me that it's finally getting volume 14 this summer, I had to go back and check BT for what the last volume was about.  Following the typical formula of the genre, we get to see him probably either go to Ellis's route or The princess's (Fianna?).  I seriously need to go back and check all the names, its been a year, so I forgot them all.  :illya:

And now that you had to notify me that it's finally getting volume 14 this summer, I had to go back and check BT for what the last volume was about.  Following the typical formula of the genre, we get to see him probably either go to Ellis's route or The princess's (Fianna?).  I seriously need to go back and check all the names, its been a year, so I forgot them all.  :illya:

What I thought these kind of things always end up with the first heroine being always the winner. In this case, Claire. Given that it has been a long time since I've last read the LN, I've always thought that he was going with Claire.

And I hope this next volume will be about Restia.

Kamito's and Restia's reunion is definitely something to look forward to. You thought she was already dead but noooo she's alive.

That and I want to see Kamit dual-wielding again.

What I thought these kind of things always end up with the first heroine being always the winner. In this case, Claire. Given that it has been a long time since I've last read the LN, I've always thought that he was going with Claire.

And I hope this next volume will be about Restia.

Kamito's and Restia's reunion is definitely something to look forward to. You thought she was already dead but noooo she's alive.

That and I want to see Kamit dual-wielding again.

Well you see, this is a harem series, so he is going to end up with all 6, and he already captured two of them  :makina:

Right now, I'm guessing that since they finished the Blade Dance, and had that crazy shit happen, next is Kamito making the rounds to all the girls, starting with Rinslette, and ending with Claire then Restia.  That is how things usually go in these types of series right?  :michiru:

Well you see, this is a harem series, so he is going to end up with all 6, and he already captured two of them  :makina:

Right now, I'm guessing that since they finished the Blade Dance, and had that crazy shit happen, next is Kamito making the rounds to all the girls, starting with Rinslette, and ending with Claire then Restia.  That is how things usually go in these types of series right?  :michiru:

Can't disagree with this being a harem series thorough and through. Just looking at the indecisive protagonist is enough for it to be a harem series. I don't really hate Kamito but he could be better. 

I can't see any romance getting better here tho. If he chooses too early, the series will end. Harem can't go on if the MC is taken (except if it goes NTR or yandere, which I doubt). If the choosing happens at the end, nothing can really happen. That said, I'd rather him actually ending up with someone. I don't want an open harem end or an end where all the girls love that indecisive &$%^&. *The &$%^& means that I can't describe anything worse

- Mondaiji Tachi Ga Isekai
- Seikoku No Dragonar
- High School DD
- Accel World
- Rokujouma No Shinryakusha
- Ichiban Ushiro No Daimaou
- Hagure Yusha No Estetica
- Log Horizon

Don't worry too much about the artwork. The illustrator might be different but the new one is trying his best to imitate the original artwork so the outcome wouldn't be that different.  

I have no idea how the anime turned out. I dropped it after episode 2 since it made me feel like an idiot getting hyped. The hype was enough for me to stay awake until 3 am (with classes where I need to wake up at 4) to watch the raws. Then shit hit the fan the very first episode and I thought maybe it will get better but it didn't . . . I decided to stop my image of the LN gets messed up, too.

I'm not worried about the artwork at all. It actually looks really good.

At least I'm not the only one who though the anime was a steaming pile of crap.

I'm not worried about the artwork at all. It actually looks really good.

At least I'm not the only one who though the anime was a steaming pile of crap.

What, it was the greatest disappointment I've ever had in my entire life. Never before have I been so much looking forward to something to get hit with that response. I was screaming like a little grill when I found out that there would be an anime adaptation only to watch the crappy series with Banri as the main protag's VA.

What, it was the greatest disappointment I've ever had in my entire life. Never before have I been so much looking forward to something to get hit with that response. I was screaming like a little grill when I found out that there would be an anime adaptation only to watch the crappy series with Banri as the main protag's VA.

Very rarely is an adaption to something I've previously read fulfilling for me, so I usually go into it expecting absolutely nothing from it. Doesn't always work, but it helps me not get overly disappointed with it.

Just read a bit of Ore no Love Comedy Heroine wa, Pantsu ga Hakenai.

Welp, the plot is weird as expected....

The title alone makes me wary of this one. How weird is it?

The title alone makes me wary of this one. How weird is it?

Basically, the MC is hated by every girl in his school - except the cutest girl in his class. That's because he knows her secret: Her pantsu always gets torn into pieces by itself, thus she is constantly in the state of nopan.

Basically, the MC is hated by every girl in his school - except the most cute girl in his class. That's because he knows her secret: Her pantsu always gets torn into pieces by itself, thus she is constantly in the state of nopan.

What

This is definitely one of the weirdest plots I've ever heard. Then there's also Paca Plus. Can't say I know much about about LNs having this weird of stories tho. Have anything else along this genre?

Basically, the MC is hated by every girl in his school - except the cutest girl in his class. That's because he knows her secret: Her pantsu always gets torn into pieces by itself, thus she is constantly in the state of nopan.

I just kinda stared at my screen for a few seconds after I read that. I don't think I'll ever read that one.

Started up the Kino's Journey series again. I was only on volume 2 when I stopped, but that was back when I could just barely read Japanese to the level where I could get through a light novel. Now Kino seems super easy and I'm breezing through it. Love this series so much, even though I've really only ever experienced the brief anime series and the first volume. I can't wait to see all the great adventures are contained in the 20 or so volumes.

Weird stuff, weird stuff everywhere.

NsP1b9el.jpg

The MC has a "serious illness": If he stays close to a bishoujo, his body will become abnormal. If he touches a bishoujo, he will die (literally). And unfortunate enough, his life is surrounded by bishoujo.

Seem like his d*** will only be there for decoration purpose. Poor guy  :ph34r:

Weird stuff, weird stuff everywhere.

NsP1b9el.jpg

The MC has a "serious illness": If he stays close to a bishoujo, his body will become abnormal. If he touches a bishoujo, he will die (literally). And unfortunate enough, his life is surrounded by bishoujo.

Seem like his d*** will only be there for decoration purpose. Poor guy  :ph34r:

Totally worth it.

Another series I'll probably never touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp probably getting back to reading volume 10 of Date a Live. It seems that volume 12 is pretty interesting with the positions switched and Shido going berserk. Somehow the volume covers in the last few volumes are serious spoilers. Well at least for the people who's like me and hasn't caught up with the latest yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Is mondaiji tachi good?

Far better than NGNL imo.  It also has none of that shonen harem tropes, and is actually all in all a pretty solid story with character building.  If you enjoyed the anime, the books are about 3x as good.  I would say if you are looking for action/adventure, it's probably one of the best currently translated, if not the best. Like, top 3.