What Light Novel are you reading right now?

Jibril

7 minutes ago, FinalChaos said:

That's exactly the genre of 2 my favourite LNs :

Overlord

The Lazy King

(Neither of the 2 protags are too interested in girls but the girls who like them are definitely kinky; no sex though)

I actually finished overlord. Will check out the lazy king,. If it is similar/on the same level it will be something I enjoy.

Thank you!

Edit: Only 15 chapters out, and the last release was at 2015. This is like 1 or 2 hours of reading tops. :vinty:

Edited by Akshay

23 hours ago, Akshay said:

An easier recommendation,

do you know any (translated) dark-fantasy-ish LN's . 

(I would appreciate kinky-sex/harem, but this is non-essential) 

You could try Index. I wouldn't say it's characteristically dark in the way the story is told, but the story does contain dark elements. It's also relatively moderate on fanservice (which can appeal to certain fetishes), and Touma does have something of a harem (so far I've encountered 3 love interests, and I hear there are 4 altogether), though the books don't really delve into romance that much. There's also a super cool magic vs. science thing going on too, which is what I'm mainly interested in with Index.

This title is licensed btw, so you have the option to buy physical books if you like.

Just now, Kenshin_sama said:

You could try Index. I wouldn't say it's characteristically dark in the way the story is told, but the story does contain dark elements. It's also relatively moderate on fanservice (which can appeal to certain fetishes), and Touma does have something of a harem (so far I've encountered 3 love interests, and I hear there are 4 altogether), though the books don't really delve into romance that much. There's also a super cool magic vs. science thing going on too, which is what I'm mainly interested in with Index.

This title is licensed btw, so you have the option to buy physical books if you like.

I actually don't have the option to buy books, because nothing ships to India. Ever. But I will look at it. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Akshay said:

I actually finished overlord. Will check out the lazy king,. If it is similar/on the same level it will be something I enjoy.

Thank you!

Edit: Only 15 chapters out, and the last release was at 2015. This is like 1 or 2 hours of reading tops. :vinty:

It has 2 volumes, not nearly as big as Overlord with ongoing 12 vol but it's still a pretty significant read.
And yeah sadly it has stopped at vol 2, with future releases unlikely.

The lazy king is about a bunch a demons where every demon is categorized in a particular sin, their interactions and how they showcase a sin is great.
Personally I found it to have one of the best representations of how a sin could affect even the simplest of behaviors/actions.  

I really recommend it, I rate it as my 3rd best ln following Overlord and Mushoku Tensei.

1 minute ago, FinalChaos said:

It has 2 volumes, not nearly as big as Overlord with ongoing 12 vol but it's still a pretty significant read.
And yeah sadly it has stopped at vol 2, with future releases unlikely.

The lazy king is about a bunch a demons where every demon is categorized in a particular sin, their interactions and how they showcase a sin is great.
Personally I found it to have one of the best representations of how a sin could affect even the simplest of behaviors/actions.  

I really recommend it, I rate it as my 3rd best ln following Overlord and Mushoku Tensei.

I'm definitely gonna read it. It's just that I go through things so fast nowadays, so when I saw It had only 2 volumes, I felt a little sad.

Just now, Akshay said:

I'm definitely gonna read it. It's just that I go through things so fast nowadays, so when I saw It had only 2 volumes, I felt a little sad.

Well I can understand, have been feeling that lately too.
When a novel doesn't consume at least a whole day it somehow feels short.

In fact if your fine with Web Series, you should give Everybody Loves Large Chests a try.
It has literally everything you asked for, and yeah the title is lovely. Definitely read the summary the author has given and the first 2 chaps before deciding if you wanna read it. And its helluva long. 

1 minute ago, FinalChaos said:

Well I can understand, have been feeling that lately too.
When a novel doesn't consume at least a whole day it somehow feels short.

In fact if your fine with Web Series, you should give Everybody Loves Large Chests a try.
It has literally everything you asked for, and yeah the title is lovely. Definitely read the summary the author has given and the first 2 chaps before deciding if you wanna read it. And its helluva long. 

The summary is hilarious.

On 11/27/2017 at 11:10 PM, FinalChaos said:

That's exactly the genre of 2 my favourite LNs :

Overlord

The Lazy King

(Neither of the 2 protags are too interested in girls but the girls who like them are definitely kinky; no sex though)

The Lazy King is really awesome. Thanks again for showing it to me.

On a side note it seems even Light Novels are memeing fate.

A direct quote from chapter 11

"Demons die when they are killed."

RIP

@FinalChaos Having loved your first recommendation (The lazy King), I started Everyone Loves large chests. 

Spoiler

The MC is the mimic? ANd the wordplay on chests...

Completely got me. I got a much needed laugh from that. THough how is there gonna be sex and a harem when the MC is a ch**t. Well I'm only just finished ch.1 at the time of writing.

Edit: What have you made me read.  (finished first 40 ch. as of now.)

Edited by Akshay

On 11/29/2017 at 2:58 AM, Akshay said:

@FinalChaos Having loved your first recommendation (The lazy King), I started Everyone Loves large chests. 

Reveal hidden contents

The MC is the mimic? ANd the wordplay on chests...

Completely got me. I got a much needed laugh from that. THough how is there gonna be sex and a harem when the MC is a ch**t. Well I'm only just finished ch.1 at the time of writing.

Edit: What have you made me read.  (finished first 40 ch. as of now.)

Well that wordplay was half the reason I told you to read the summary.

There is a harem and sex though it all occurs after the first part.

Spoiler

Which is when he gets out of the dungeon.

And a quick warning that there's a lot of futa in it, I don't particularly like futa so just giving you some mental prep if you need it.

3 hours ago, FinalChaos said:

Well that wordplay was half the reason I told you to read the summary.

There is a harem and sex though it all occurs after the first part.

Reveal hidden contents

Which is when he gets out of the dungeon.

And a quick warning that there's a lot of futa in it, I don't particularly like futa so just giving you some mental prep if you need it.

Too late. I've already finished it. Still it was a great read!

Gimme Moar Recommendations!

On 12/1/2017 at 2:04 PM, Akshay said:

@FinalChaos

I found another VN that fits the above criteria (solid 10/10) called dungeon defense. 

Best dark fantasy/battle of wits LN I have ever read.

Yeah Dungeon Defense is great had read it some time ago. It's in my top 10.

And I just remembered 1 more dark fantasy though this one isn't harem or kinky stuff. 
Ouroboros Record 
It's great, the thought process of the protag is just lovely and it has a completly new outlook to the whole 'reincarnating to do life better' which isekai novels generally go with. 
Well sadly no. of tl'ed chaps till now is only 18 (same as Lazy King chaps are pretty big).
I like this one more than DD, though I still like The Lazy King more.

41 minutes ago, FinalChaos said:

Yeah Dungeon Defense is great had read it some time ago. It's in my top 10.

And I just remembered 1 more dark fantasy though this one isn't harem or kinky stuff. 
Ouroboros Record 
It's great, the thought process of the protag is just lovely and it has a completly new outlook to the whole 'reincarnating to do life better' which isekai novels generally go with. 
Well sadly no. of tl'ed chaps till now is only 18 (same as Lazy King chaps are pretty big).
I like this one more than DD, though I still like The Lazy King more.

In DD he was actually evil.

I like that in a story....

28 minutes ago, Akshay said:

In DD he was actually evil.

I like that in a story....

Leige is passively evil, he truly demonstrates sloth. He won't do shit even if literally the world end's. Well anyway we see many perspectives in it, Heath for example is more actively evil. Best demonstration is him waging war just cause he want's to carve Leige's name in Heaven.

Even in DD, Dantalian's 'evil' is simply his ambition and want of power.

In Ouroboros Record, evil is the protag's obsession. Hell he would most like be deemed more evil than Dantalian, who acts rather similar to an extremist conqueror/king maker.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

By the way, I also started this one recently. The premise is pretty great, but I'm slightly cautious of how it presents its characters.

I've just finished volume 2 and its brilliant. Make sure you grab the Light novel as its much more polished, better developed and written.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Akshay said:

I've just finished volume 2 and its brilliant. Make sure you grab the Light novel as its much more polished, better developed and written.

I'm still at the beginning of the first volume, so I'm not opening that spoiler. But, yeah, I'm reading the LN version, and I'm definitely giving it a chance.

Edited by Dreamysyu