What Light Novel are you reading right now?

Jibril

Ive read:

mushoku tensei

campione

DxD

blade dance

Mondaiji

I tend to perfer fantasy.

I am not sure if it's technically a light novel but the seikai no senki series is very good. there was also an anime of some of it a while back which was excellent

• 2 weeks later...

Read:

Toradora 1 (I swear I will not read another volume from this series. Vol 1 was beautiful and complete)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darouka 1-7

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darouka Gaiden Sword Oratoria 1-3

DRRR!! 1-9?

Baccano! ?

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 1-12?

Tokyo Raven 1-11?

Sword Art Online 1-14

Hataraku Maou-sama 1-13

Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan 1

To Aru Majutsu no Index 1-22

Chrome Shelled Regios 1-25

Crusade of Regios 1

Slayers! 3, 5, 7-15

Spice and Wolf 1-16

Rest in Magdala 1

Kishin 1

Black Rod

Seishun Rikon

TRPG Replays:

Legend of Crystania 1-4

Ouka Fuushin 1-4

Narou works I've read/I'm reading that's been novelized:

Mushoku Tensei

Ryuugoroshi no Hibi

Cheat Kusushi no Isekai Tabi

Hakai no Miko

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu

Isekai Ryouridou

Konjiki no Mojitsukai

Net Auction Otoko no Isekai Boueki Kikou

Ohitorisamadeshita -Ara-30 Otoko, Akuma Shoujo to Meshi wo Kuu-

Yadantte, Sore wa Naideshou!

Log Horizon

Flame Oukoku Funbouki

Isekai Meikyuu de Dorei Harem wo

Neet Dakedo Harowa ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsureteikareta

VRMMO wo Kane no Chikara de Musousuru

Kita no Toride Nite

Ring Ring

To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

I have finally finished Mushoku Tensei yay, absolutely did not expect that kind of ending. Somewhat anti-climatic but it feels.... realistic somehow....

Maybe I'll re-read it again when every volume is novelized.

Probably because the Author intent to continue it with another new novel and finish it there.

Have you read the redundancy chapter ? So far it's both funny and heartwarming as heck

I'm waiting for the Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken LN to be translated it's at chapter 3 right now.

So by the time the anime is out it'll be done...then I'll have no reason to read it.

It's 2015 why isn't there a company who just translates LN's already?

I'm waiting for the Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken LN to be translated it's at chapter 3 right now.

So by the time the anime is out it'll be done...then I'll have no reason to read it.

It's 2015 why isn't there a company who just translates LN's already?

What about Yen Press ?

Oh and reading Hariyama-san center of the world volume 1 at the moment since it's fully translated already.

As expected of Narita-sensei's work, the ever connecting story and coupled with mind screw here and there always leave me amazed, Especially the Hero of Light part

What about Yen Press ?]

literall every LN I'm interested in isn't on the site. The alternative is to hope random bloggers finish doing a translation, then I have to copy the LN text without the pictures into a Word doc, then correct the formatting, then convert to a pdf, put on my a micro sd, put it in my tablet, and read it using an app.

Sucks man.

convert to a pdf

I can't, I just can't take you seriously as a reader when you say these words.  Why would you inflate an 80 page novel to 200+ pages by doing pdf?  Even making it a plain text document is far more readable than pdf.  

What about Yen Press ?

Yen Press is hardly the savior we need.  They only pick up LN's that had gotten good anime ratings, which is perfectly fine.  However the downside is that anything that got popular enough to become an anime already has 9+ volumes translated into English, and at YP speed, which is at best one volume every 6 months, that means we have to wait 4+ years for it to ever catch up to what is currently translated, so most everybody just buys the books to keep YP in business while they continue to fan-TL at a pace that allows us to keep up with the story.  Honestly, Yen Press probably knows that if they try to shut down the fan-TL's, people would stop buying their shit because the series would die.  What YP needs to do is be more proactive and pick up series they *think* people might be interested in and take the gamble like a good publisher should.  It would probably work out too.

In other news, I've picked up Knights and Magic after ignoring it for a long time due to apparent inactivity.

I can't, I just can't take you seriously as a reader when you say these words.  Why would you inflate an 80 page novel to 200+ pages by doing pdf?  Even making it a plain text document is far more readable than pdf.  

Yen Press is hardly the savior we need.  They only pick up LN's that had gotten good anime ratings, which is perfectly fine.  However the downside is that anything that got popular enough to become an anime already has 9+ volumes translated into English, and at YP speed, which is at best one volume every 6 months, that means we have to wait 4+ years for it to ever catch up to what is currently translated, so most everybody just buys the books to keep YP in business while they continue to fan-TL at a pace that allows us to keep up with the story.  Honestly, Yen Press probably knows that if they try to shut down the fan-TL's, people would stop buying their shit because the series would die.  What YP needs to do is be more proactive and pick up series they *think* people might be interested in and take the gamble like a good publisher should.  It would probably work out too.

In other news, I've picked up Knights and Magic after ignoring it for a long time due to apparent inactivity.

So much this. As much as I love YenPress, they are playing it way too safe. Recently they even picked up Index, which already has so many volumes fan translated that it'd take them years to catch up. There are so many other titles that they can pick up but they are just too scared to take the risk.

As for what I'm reading, I just finished Tabi ni Deyou, Horobiyuku Sekai no Hate Made. Probably going to finish up Mushoku Tensei when I have the time.

Honestly i didn't like Yen Press that much so I'm not going argue with you there but Yen Press did shutdown the Fan TL of the book they're going to released though, Danmachi being the proof.

And I'm glad they only decided to License Index and not New Testament, now THAT would be a tragedy.

Oh, and is Knight and Magic any good? Lemme know after you've done reading i cause i stop reading after volume 1 and too lazy to pick it up again

Honestly i didn't like Yen Press that much so I'm not going argue with you there but Yen Press did shutdown the Fan TL of the book they're going to released though, Danmachi being the proof.

And I'm glad they only decided to License Index and not New Testament, now THAT would be a tragedy.

Oh, and is Knight and Magic any good? Lemme know after you've done reading i cause i stop reading after volume 1 and too lazy to pick it up again

Index, like SAO is popular enough, that people would TL it anyway, and YP could do nothing about it.  I have the feeling that once BT officially retires the Mahouka page, within 2 months someone is going to pick it back up.  

Knights and Magic is pretty fun.  There's only one more volume at the moment, so unless you intend to keep reading it weekly like I have the habit of doing so it's probably better to wait a while for more than a single volume to read.

Index, like SAO is popular enough, that people would TL it anyway, and YP could do nothing about it.  I have the feeling that once BT officially retires the Mahouka page, within 2 months someone is going to pick it back up.  

Knights and Magic is pretty fun.  There's only one more volume at the moment, so unless you intend to keep reading it weekly like I have the habit of doing so it's probably better to wait a while for more than a single volume to read.

Well guess that's true. And once again Danmachi being the proof of that  :P

Wait for it to have more volume then, gotcha

For both of the LNs that I've been keeping an eye on (Spice & Wolf and DanMachi), Yen Press's translation rate since 2013 has been one volume every four months, not every six months. See http://yenpress.us/?page_id=560

Other than that, though, I agree with the assessment, and even going at that rate recently, they're still not done with Spice & Wolf, which had its last Japanese release four years ago...

Reading my favorite past time besides gaming...

I can't give a list since it's crappy long. At best I can say most of the stuff that is updated in aho-updates, I've read them. Add some baka-tsuki/re-translations, done.

I wish Yen Press Releases here in our place sadly not. I'd like to buy me some Spice and Wolf.

Reading my favorite past time besides gaming...

I can't give a list since it's crappy long. At best I can say most of the stuff that is updated in aho-updates, I've read them. Add some baka-tsuki/re-translations, done.

I wish Yen Press Releases here in our place sadly not. I'd like to buy me some Spice and Wolf.

• 2 months later...

Although that means the fan TL is going to shutdown, at least we're going to get physical copies :)

Though at the rate that YenPress releases stuff, we're in for a long wait for it to catch up with the fan TL. Personally, I'm actually really happy that Overlord is getting a localization since I'm a huge fan of the series and I trust YenPress to do a fantastic job on the translation.

Edited by Tenkuru

Although that means the fan TL is going to shutdown, at least we're going to get physical copies :)

Though at the rate that YenPress releases stuff, we're in for a long wait for it to catch up with the fan TL. Personally, I'm actually really happy that Overlord is getting a localization since I'm a huge fan of the series and I trust YenPress to do a fantastic job on the translation.

If Yen Press actually able to release LN at decent rate i have no complain.

Highly doubt that tho.

Highly doubt that