What Light Novel are you reading right now?

Jibril

​why isnt the board a anime/manga/ln talk yet. 

Considering we have the "what manga/anime" thread and yet we don't have this one... might as well.... right?

I'll start

• Mushoku Tensei
  • Black Bullet
  • Mahouka
  • Sword Art Online
  • Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
  • Psycho Love Comedy
  • Log Horizon
  • No Game No Life
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index
  • Accel World

I'm re-reading some of them, like Zero no Maria, just because I can't wait for the next volume...

​why isnt the board a anime/manga/ln talk yet.

Considering we have the "what manga/anime" thread and yet we don't have this one... might as well.... right?

I'll start

• Mushoku Tensei
  • Black Bullet
  • Mahouka
  • Sword Art Online
  • Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
  • Psycho Love Comedy
  • Log Horizon
  • No Game No Life
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index
  • Accel World
I'm re-reading some of them, like Zero no Maria, just because I can't wait for the next volume...
A lot man...

Psycho love comedy

SAO

No Game No Life

DXD

Date a live

Gekkou

Feel like I am missing a few but these are the main ones.

Re-reading Gekkou at the moment, just because I love it so much. Probably going to read volume 4 of Hikaru ga Chikyuu tonight if I have the time. I'm also planning to start on Sayonara Piano Sonata, hopefully it's going to turn out to be a hidden gem, I'm having very high expectations. There're also plenty of others that I'm reading, but waiting for new volumes/translations to be released, with OreGairu, HakoMari and Seirei Tsukai being a few.

I read some light novels those past few months to work on my japanese.

I read the first volume of Kino no Tabi. I've already seen the anime and it's probably about as interesting. Knowing the countries Kino was visiting helped understand what was happening a bit, but honestly the language is not very hard anyway. The only maybe difficult parts are the infodumps about guns, since the author seems to have a fetish for guns, but even then it's pretty tame.

Pretty enjoyable so far, there are fucktons of volumes too so eventually I'll reach parts with countries that weren't covered in the anime. I don't know when I'll pick it up again though, as I have a lot of stuff to read and I'm obviously still pretty slow.

I also read Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita volume 1. And kinda ate my teeth.

I'm too newbish to fully appreciate it but Tanaka Romeo's prose is flourished with much more vocabulary than I've seen anywhere else in my limited experience of japanese so far. Getting infodump'd about Rousseau's Social Contract was just... geh. Once again, having seen the anime helped understanding what the hell was going on.

Otherwise I love it, just as I loved the anime. Funny, witty, eccentric, absurd, cute, and well, Watashi best protagonist. And the fairies are great too.

Also read the first volume of Oregairu. Probably the easiest language so far. I've watched the anime so I kinda knew already what would happen, so far it's pretty cool as I remembered but I'm waiting for shit to really get real, considering how praised it has been.

Currently I'm reading Shakunetsu no Kobayakawa-san, an LN by Romeo again. It sure is easier than Jintai. With that said, I'm about halfway and I'm no too sure what to think of it... It's basically about a class of lazy assholes where nobody wants to take care of the various class duties, and a girl who pretty much hates them all steps up to do everything and acts all authoritarian. Than a guy who's the MC becomes her assistant, but there's still way too much work for them to do...

So far I don't really see where it's going.

At the moment I am only reading Spice and Wolf. :holo: is all I want and need. Heh heh.

Man, I've always wanted to read Spice and Wolf... Problem is, my local bookstore sells them at  $18~$20 per copy, which is really expensive imo. Well, I can always download them over the internet, but I try not to pirate licensed LNs. Guess I'll just have to save up. -_-

Man, I've always wanted to read Spice and Wolf... Problem is, my local bookstore sells them at  $18~$20 per copy, which is really expensive imo. Well, I can always download them on the internet, but I try not to pirate licensed LNs. Guess I'll just have to save up  -_-

That is brutal. o-o My local book store sells them at about 13 bucks. Still kinda pricey but as you say, I try not to pirate licensed Light Novels.

We have an expensive hobby is all.

Man, I've always wanted to read Spice and Wolf... Problem is, my local bookstore sells them at  $18~$20 per copy, which is really expensive imo. Well, I can always download them over the internet, but I try not to pirate licensed LNs. Guess I'll just have to save up. -_-

Wish you luck or hope to see you on the dark side.

i just reread part one of chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai last week planning on reading part two later this week and then starting silver cross and draculea and patiently awaiting next installment of psycho love comedy , and looking for the missing volumes of darkness my sister

Re-reading Gekkou at the moment, just because I love it so much. Probably going to read volume 4 of Hikaru ga Chikyuu tonight if I have the time. I'm also planning to start on Sayonara Piano Sonata, hopefully it's going to turn out to be a hidden gem, I'm having very high expectations. There're also plenty of others that I'm reading, but waiting for new volumes/translations to be released, with OreGairu, HakoMari and Seirei Tsukai being a few.

Gekkou?

Yeah, finally got my hands on the last 3 chapters of Volume 6 of No Game No Life!

*proceeds reading*

*finish reading*

*goes into corner*

*cries*

*listens to NGNL ending song*

*realizes what the lyrics meant*

*cries again*

...I thought this is a fun mindbending awesome series with complex psychological strategies.... not.... this...

Reading? I love reading...

Japanese TL'ed-

Clockwork Planet

Mushoku Tensei

Psycho Love Comedy

Hundred

NGNL

Hidan no Aria

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Tenkyou no Aldemarin

Overlord

Knight's and Magic

Chrome Shelled

Zero Maria

Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou

Seirei Tsukai

Index: NT

Many more...

Chinese TL'ed:

Stellar Transformations (If ever continued)

Coiling Dragon

Doulou Dalalu

A Step into the Past

A Happy Hero

Swallowed Star

1/2 Prince

Many more.. (I Think)

Korean TL'ed:

Ark

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (LMS)

Clotaku Club

More...

I have never read a light novel as I tend to read manga primarily.

what would you recommend to someone who has never read a light novel (links appreciated ;)

Well, that mainly depends on what genre you're looking for. If you're new to LNs, maybe you can start with one that has an anime adaptation...? Though I personally feel that you can start with any novel you like. You can check out my thread (link in my sig) if you want my recommendations.