Favorite anime OSTs

Eclipsed

Just now, Mr Poltroon said:

I, admittedly, have always claimed not to like music all that much, up until the point where I realised what I really liked seemed to be OSTs.
That out of the way, Girls' Last Tour OST was one I absolutely adored. Starting with the first scene in the first episode:

way to revive a long dead topic :).

Oh God, anime music really brings out my inner weeb. Let's see, this is gonna be fun. I'll try not to repeat any of the ones people have already said in this thread, but some of them I really like!

First let's start with my boi Hiroyuki Sawano. He's the reason Guilty Crown's soundtrack is sooo damn good. Well, he and Chelly's voice... best combination ever.

Ninelie  Bios Delta  Departures aLIEz

And yeah, also pretty much everything by supercell/egoist, like Pyscho-Pass openings/endings: All Alone with youNamae wo kaibutsu or the infamous Guiltry Crown OP My Dearest

And you know what's better than having Sawano compose the OST for your show? Also having Kalafina, like Aldnoah Zero did: Heavenly Blue

They are amazing: MagiaHikari no senritsuAriaOblivious but yeah, of course they are, they even have the great Kajiura Yuki as composer, next in the list. Many times I listen to a OST, think it's amazing, look up the composer only to find this woman's name. For example, in recent times, Boku Dake ga inai machi ending: Sore wa chiisana hikari no you na, or this cover by Hereson (check this dude out, he makes amazing stuff) Boku dake OST Hereson

.hack//SIGN, Fate/Zero, SAO (which say what you want about the anime, but damn the OST is good)... This Day and Never AgainYou Are my KingCOFFEE SODA TOFFEE PASTAPandora hearts OST

KEY songs, Jun Maeda, well, you know how it is, this is a VN forum after all, but anyways: Little Busters OPFarawaySong for friendsKanon 2006 OPAir TV OPThe place where wishes come trueThe palm of a tiny hand 

Lia songs: Angel beats OPCharlotte OP

Lisa songs: Crossing fieldIchiban no takaramonoBrave SongShirushi

Nagi no asukara openings/endings: Ebb and flowMitsuba no musubimeAqua TerrariumSoshite bokura wa

To finish let's move onto some miscellaneous stuff, shall we? 

SukaSuka OPHigurashi OP1Higurashi main themeYosuga no sora OPShigatsu wa kimi no uso OP1Shigatsu ED2Kyokai no kanata EDMeitantei Conan OP12Plastic Memories EDShiki OP1Shiki OP2Sakurasou EDNo game no life OPTokyo Ghoul OP

And that's some stuff that comes to mind for the moment. Maybe I'll add some more later when I have the time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the sake of nostalgia I'll post GGPC (Go Princess Pretty Cure) vocal songs, and because we have Haruno Haruka (Haruharu) aka Cure Flora birthday I'll post two of her vocal songs here. Enjoy, and especially more if you like PreCure.

Dreamin' Bloomin'

Primal Place

As for my opinion, Primal Place beginning was remind me of FMAB 1st opening (Again by Yui), while Dreamin' Bloomin' is quite an ear worm. I prefer primal Place here because it sounds more mature.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Because we have Kaido Minami (Minamin) aka Cure Mermaid from Go Princess PreCure (GGPC) yesterday (July 20th), I decided to post both of her character songs here. Enjoy.

Heart Pearl

Brave Ripple

As for her songs itselves, it was quite average compared to Haruharu one. I can say though that the songs here is very different from Fal's songs back at Symphonic Rain even though the singer were the same one (Both of Minamin and Fal voiced by Masumi Asano), because the songs here are more upbeat while in Symphonic Rain is more mellow.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today we have another another Cure from GPPC have a birthday, and the Cure in question was Amanogawa Kirara aka Cure Twinkle in which I already mentioned her back at VNTS Review lol (For more info, the Wataru that I mentioned is Minamin's big brother). So like previous two Cures beforehand, I'll post her vocal songs below.

High-End Star

Showtime Dress Up

As for the song, her second song is more energetic though while the first one was more calming and sounds determined, so I kind of prefer her first song here. For Kirara's seiyuu and thus the singer of her vocal songs, her name is Yamamura Hibiku in which she also did some voicing eroge characters with pseudonym Mizusaki Lime and some other alias. One of her role was Sorako from Hello Lady like I mentioned, and another one was Mizuki from Senshinkan. There's some other as well, but those two were the well known one in regard of her role.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing that we have White Album 2 partial patch release, I figured that I should post the more well known last episode ending song of the anime adaptation that was only adapt the Introduction Chapter. Enjoy.

For the info, the name of the song is 'Todokanai Koi' and it's the main song of White Album 2, and it's also used as the VN version opening as well.

• 3 months later...

I knew that I'd late for posting this seeing that I should post it back at December 15th, but I figure that it would be better late than never. What I want post is Akagi Towa/Cure Scarlet two image songs, so here's the songs beliw and enjoy.

Red Concerto

Endless Torch

What I can say for now is that I like her second song more compared to the first one.

Edited by littleshogun

• 8 months later...

Recently like to hear Kaleido Star 2nd opening, so I'll post the full version of that below.

The reason I chose it was because it's the opening that I remember back when it was broadcasted at 2006 (I may be wrong here) in Indonesia, and hearing that make me a bit nostalgic here. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 years later...

It's been three years since my last post here, and may as well try to revive it by posting the full version of first Aikatsu opening Signalize.

For a bit of trivia, it also have the Indonesian dub in which it's been sang by the Indonesian version of AKB48, but let's just say that it's quite jarring to hear Indonesian version now that I'd hear the Japanese one first. Anyway enjoy the song here, especially if you've been nostalgic on the old Aikatsu.

• 6 months later...