Masochistic Gamers - Dark Souls 2

phersu

I did 3 full playthroughs of DkS2 before the DLCs came out.. It was terribly fun  :sachi:  I'm thinking I may have to go back through it again so I can play the DLCs as it's been a few months since I last played vanilla DkS2

And yes, the masochism is strong with this game (at least initially :o)

Mhm. I wanted to play some more, but I can't find my game disc.

Played until the pursuer or something boss and then quit after getting killed a 100 times by him ;)

Wimp. Go die another hundred times.

Sometimes when I play Dark Souls, I throw away my controller and say "F*** this," and I swore never to touch the game again.

The next day, I play Dark Souls. Then I throw away my controller and say "F*** this," and I swore never to touch the game again.

The next day, I play Dark Souls.

This game is a tutorial on how to get through hell without waking up Satan.

I have. Played through DS a while back, and Is currently slugging myself through DS2 at the moment.

While doing this, I started talking with a few friends who also played it, and we came to a conclusion:

Dark souls isn't hard, and neither is it difficult. It's simply unforgiving.

When you die, you can recover your souls. Your progress isn't "reset". it's still there, but there is a potential to lose it. Dying in Dark souls isn't a big deal. There is the potential for punishment, but you can do something about it. And if you learn how the different bosses and enemies work, you're simply not going to be dying much. Dark souls is pretty much unique, in that there are solutions to anything, and you just gotta find them. 

Take the pursuer in DS2 for example: If you just strafe towards his' right, many of his' attacks cannot hit you. It's not 100% perfect, and nor does it work for all his attacks, but it makes the fight significantly easier. Part of playing Dark souls is learning how things work, and thus, how to defeat it. Don't focus on attacking the enemy the first time you fight them. Instead, focus on surviving, while only taking potshots at them while you're certain that they won't retaliate in time.

i haven't had the pleasure of playing darksouls yet though i really want to . but if you want a true masochistic game read the flyable heart if that time English version the mix of uncleaned machine TL with actual TL is so painful and jarring i seriously considered throwing my monitor a lil more then half way through it. and its available on fuwa so no searching needed

• 1 month later...

Yeah I played through DS2 about 4 times at this point, but it still has nothing on DS1 for me. I just found everything in DS1 to be better. The bosses and music were the most noticeable. Does every boss really have to be some big guy in armour? Still intensely excited for Bloodborne though.

Played until the pursuer or something boss and then quit after getting killed a 100 times by him ;)

I actually didn't have that bad of a time with him. Got him on the fifth try. Just memorized his attack patterns and pulled back to use lifegems when he got in hits.