[SOLVED] Wind: A Breath of Heart Re:gratitude (Help Needed)

Anime_Fan

Hi, I have downloaded this twice and still can't get it to work on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I click the exe file and instantly get an crash :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: WindRP.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.4.0
  Application Timestamp: 419b7c8a
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000222d2
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 7e24
  Additional Information 2: 7e2489cac2f2e28de154ab544dd64b64
  Additional Information 3: 8eea
  Additional Information 4: 8eea68c14977c1695b38c419642994d2

I made sure all files are not read only, I have no idea what's wrong... :-\

OK, I finally got it to work, I could never get this site's version to work, no matter what compatibility I tried running it in. The game would crash as soon as it tired to load.

So, I went to this other site where a member posted their uploaded RAR files of the original Japanese game. I got it, then used the DVD English patch that was included with this site's download of the game. Now, even that didn't quite work at first, as the game would immediately go to a Black screen and stay that way upon the intro movie being played. 

I should mention that while my computer isn't top of the line spec wise, it having a Hexacore CPU, an NVIDIA 760 4GB FTW edition, and 8 GB of RAM still makes it a force to be reckoned with, and shouldn't (In my opinion) be having movie playing issues.

When I mounted the games ISO, I noticed two folders at the top of the list, movie-hi and movie-low. I took the file from the movie-low folder and pasted it into the games folder, and BAM! problem solved. This might just be a problem of not having a codec to play the intro movie properly, but I doubt it. 

Hopefully, this post will help out someone else that's having the same issues as me.