Counter-Strike Thread

madvanced

Because of the bug that if you disconnect from a bot server the game counts it as disconnection from a competitive match, I probably have a long competitive ban I don't even know about lol

I like to use the text chat most of the time (I'm a fast enough typer) and I'm down for a match pretty much anytime

Because of the bug that if you disconnect from a bot server the game counts it as disconnection from a competitive match, I probably have a long competitive ban I don't even know about lol

I like to use the text chat most of the time (I'm a fast enough typer) and I'm down for a match pretty much anytime

Well I didn't even know such a bug existed.

>open a bot match

>exit to main menu

>there's a "you were disconnected from a competitive match" text with "RECONNECT/ABANDON" options. I haven't tested if that can cause bans.

I do bot matchs, but without the bots to practice spray patterns or smokes. When I leave I don't get that.

I only play CS:GO if I am on a stacked team, so I can win no matter what.

Solo Q is indeed a bitch. I got wrecked once on inferno 16-1 because we had guys more worried about calling the others hackers than try to play.

Just out of curiosity, how steep is the learning curve for this game? I didn't manage to nag it during the last Steam sale, but that may change depending on whether or not this game will make me break my mouse for getting killed too much.

When you start out I reccomend getting familiar with the maps and game mechanics through deathmatch or casual. You will meet everything from people who can't shoot for shit, to people who will one-hit you in the head as you turn the corner.

When you have learnt the basics you will head on to Competitive. There you will meet some people who are generally as good as you. But you will also meet smurfs(people with multiple accounts who ruins the game for everyone else). In my experience the lower ranks are especially dominated by smurfs.

When you start out I reccomend getting familiar with the maps and game mechanics through deathmatch or casual. You will meet everything from people who can't shoot for shit, to people who will one-hit you in the head as you turn the corner.

When you have learnt the basics you will head on to Competitive. There you will meet some people who are generally as good as you. But you will also meet smurfs(people with multiple accounts who ruins the game for everyone else). In my experience the lower ranks are especially dominated by smurfs.

I see. Thanks for the advice. Sounds like things can go downhill fast if you're unprepared and don't know the map well. Does having multiple accounts give you an advantage over other people or something?

I see. Thanks for the advice. Sounds like things can go downhill fast if you're unprepared and don't know the map well. Does having multiple accounts give you an advantage over other people or something?

Only when playing Competitive. The matchmaking sets you up with people of the same rank. But when you start out you are rankless until you have 10 wins. Some people who have been playing the game and have a high rank, buy a new account and use that to get easier opponents. This is especially lucrative during the steam sales when the game is extremly cheap.

I play CS:GO daily. Mostly comp though. I am currently Gold Nova III.

Here's my steam ID if anyone want to play:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hjandreas

You must be one of the highest ranked players here alongside Kleiner. As much as I would've liked to play daily, I stopped playing for a few months due to personal problems.

It just makes me wonder how better I would've gotten if I was able to continue to play.