Hey there

Demi_kon

I've been a fan of VNs for a long time, yet for some reason I only found this site recently. I was really shocked to see such a well designed site with a focus on English translated VNs, so kudos to the webdesign people behind it. Because I see potential in visual novels as a medium for story telling, I would like to spread it through editing, QCing and possibly TLCing projects in the future. I'm from California, but I'm currently studying business and Japanese at Michigan State.

デミコンといます

よろしくおねがいします。

edit* games i've played...

Steins;Gate

Ever 17: The Out of Infinity

Remember 11: Age of Infinity

Clannad

Tomoyo After

Swan Song

Wanko to Kurasou

Fate/Stay Night

Sharin no Kuni

G-Senjou no Maou

Da Capo

Sengoku Rance

Daibanchou! Big Bang Age

Utawarerumono

Majikoi (still reading)

Edelweiss

Kira☆Kira

hey demi_kon, i think editors are in high demand right now.

not sure what you would be interested in.... you can help me edit Da Capo III? (it's over 30% translated now),

you could help Ziddy do some editing for Oreimo PSP (although he needs translators more)

best way to figure out which game you would be interested in, is to flip through this list http://vntls.tindabox.net/week/2013-03-09 (green means it got a progress update this week)

Mashiro iro no Symphony or Koichoco would be good projects.

Btw if you have trouble contacting the translators, leave me a message, i have secret contact details for a number of them. (connections ftw!)

and welcome~

(PS: there's a couple of projects on TLWiki run by jerks. try to stay as far away from them as possible. These are not nice people. I dont want to see you get an awful first experience that will turn you off for years)

Hey there, nice to meet ya! I'm seeing a lot of familiar titles in your list, so I guess we have similar tastes? xD

Anyways, Ever 17 must be nice to be in that top three, so I'm thinking of picking it up myself, is there anything I need to know regarding sequels, route sequence or whatever?I'm counting on your recommendations from now on =D

hey demi_kon, i think editors are in high demand right now.

not sure what you would be interested in.... you can help me edit Da Capo III? (it's over 30% translated now),

you could help Ziddy do some editing for Oreimo PSP (although he needs translators more)

best way to figure out which game you would be interested in, is to flip through this list http://vntls.tindabox.net/week/2013-03-09 (green means it got a progress update this week)

Mashiro iro no Symphony or Koichoco would be good projects.

Btw if you have trouble contacting the translators, leave me a message, i have secret contact details for a number of them. (connections ftw!)

and welcome~

(PS: there's a couple of projects on TLWiki run by jerks. try to stay as far away from them as possible. These are not nice people. I dont want to see you get an awful first experience that will turn you off for years)

Thank you so much Aaeru! I'm really looking forward to being a part of a team. Also, thanks for the warning, I will stay away from those folks... I have no preference as to what project I'm a part of. I'd love to help you with D.C.! I'll inbox you soon.

Hey there, nice to meet ya! I'm seeing a lot of familiar titles in your list, so I guess we have similar tastes? xD

Anyways, Ever 17 must be nice to be in that top three, so I'm thinking of picking it up myself, is there anything I need to know regarding sequels, route sequence or whatever?I'm counting on your recommendations from now on =D

the 'Infinity' series by KID is much like the scientific adventure series by Nitroplus & 5pb. (steins;gate, chaos;head etc.) in that each VN can be read standalone. The first time I went through Ever 17 I did Tsugumi > Sora > Sara > You, but personally I think doing it Tsugumi > Sara > Sora > You is probably better simply because [tsugumi + sora] and [you + sara] are both viewed from different protagonists POV.

If you get around to it, tell me how it goes :D

Hm.. I guess my top three would be Ever 17, F/SN and Steins;Gate, in no particular order. Sayonara Z-sensei is one of my favorite comedies, it's up there with Gintama ;)/>. What have you been playing recently?

Actually I've been playing Remember 11. Just finished Ever 17 a couple of weeks ago. And Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is my all time favorite anime, and the anime that got me into anime.

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

I see you've played quite a bit of VNs, and I haven't played all of them, but the ones I've played are great.

BTW, what do you think of Majikoi so far? I loved that VN, but I'm sick of waiting for the translation for Miyako's route to be complete.

Welcome to fuwanovel!

I see that you have some experience with visual novels, and that is good, I also have Ever17 between my favourites.

And I have yet to play Steins;Gate, I've watched the anime and liked it very much...

I hope that you find whatever you want here, and have fun!

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us.

How far have you gotten with your JP studying?

Also, +1 for being a fellow Californian ;D

Nicee, what part of Cali you from? I'm from Huntington Beach myself.

Also, I'm in JPN 102, but my listening skills are probably on level of a 301 (too much drama + anime).

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

I see you've played quite a bit of VNs, and I haven't played all of them, but the ones I've played are great.

BTW, what do you think of Majikoi so far? I loved that VN, but I'm sick of waiting for the translation for Miyako's route to be complete.

It's hilarious! Most of the jokes are actually funny, which was surprising. I did the same thing, I uninstalled when I realized it wasn't going to be out for a good half year at best. I still have no idea what those gangster girls are about too. which route was your favorite so far?

Nicee, what part of Cali you from? I'm from Huntington Beach myself.

Also, I'm in JPN 102, but my listening skills are probably on level of a 301 (too much drama + anime).

Hey that's actually closer than I thought! I'm from LA.

Yeah I'm the same, my listening skills are stronger than my reading. Although for me my reading skills are relatively weak since I'm not actively learning Japanese atm xD

It's hilarious! Most of the jokes are actually funny, which was surprising. I did the same thing, I uninstalled when I realized it wasn't going to be out for a good half year at best. I still have no idea what those gangster girls are about too. which route was your favorite so far?

Well, right now I'd probably go for Momoyo. But I really like Miyako, she has the best lines of the game in my opinion, she's just hilarious. I reached the end of the tranlation of her route and I was like: "WHAT.THE.HELL?!"

And hoping they would end it soon, since it was almost finished, but now it looks like Majikoi S and even Majikoi A are gonna be completely translated before Miyako's route :S