"Dumb" heroine not played for laughs?

Loli-Knight

The title may be a bit vague, so let me explain... I just finished playing through Grisaia for the 3rd time and started thinking about how Michiru being stupid (while joked about at times) was a legitimate point of painful self-loathing for her. Again, while played for jokes it was still responsible for some development past and present. So I was just wondering if there are any other VNs with heroines out there whose lack of intelligence has significantly altered their lives/plays a role in their route?

Translated VNs only please. My ability to read Japanese is currently laughable, at best.

since i still newly join fuwanovel vn , hope forgive me if i recommend wrong . :kosame:

"lack of intelligence has significantly altered their lives"  ....

Miki from Cross†Channel? Miki .... (more like pretending lack of intelligence)  ...... Cross†Channel also quite similar "situation" .

Check it if you got free time : Katawa Shoujo and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

Maybe Fuko from clannad? but you played that already..

by the way michiru was awesome and sometimes while reading the novel i felt really bad, everyone mocking her all the time, it felt like they were bullying her and just joking (I mean yuuji, amane, sachi, etc)

Try looking at this list, it's pretty much what you are looking for

https://vndb.org/g190?fil=tag_inc-190.tagspoil-0;m=0;o=d;s=rating

In the "mentally challenged treated seriously" department I suppose you've got Rin from Katawa Shoujo, though that's not eactly Michiru style dumb. Otherwise can't really find anything worth mentioning in the airhead heroine list at least.

Don't you dare talking about her like that :saber:  she was awesome, yes a little cryptic but in no way she was stupid. Oh Rin I would only cheat Lilly with you :wahaha:

In the "mentally challenged treated seriously" department I suppose you've got Rin from Katawa Shoujo, though that's not eactly Michiru style dumb. Otherwise can't really find anything worth mentioning in the airhead heroine list at least.

As someone who has it, I'm actually convinced that Rin is the most honest depiction of actual autism in modern media.  It's certainly much more accurate than the 'ultimate super-genius' stereotype media tends to give us, or the 'Aw, the poor autistic people!' that people looking for donations tends to bring.

In all honesty, it's closer to being socially challenged than anything closer to a real lack of intelligence.  She might actually be the smartest in the whole game, depending on your definition.

It's basically the exact opposite of Michiru's lack of intelligence (Though I haven't finished Grisaia myself.).  May or may not be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the input so far folks. While autism certainly isn't the same thing I feel that ignorant characters/people would treat it similar so I'll definitely go check Kataw Shoujo out. I've had it sitting on my computer for a while now, but I've knowingly done myself a disservice by putting it off for various 50+ hour VNs. I have a free slate now, so I'll start that one up later tonight!

in a romance novel the main person always never release that the girl is in love with him  :jinpou: . i am like 4 steps ahead of him but that guy never change until the ending (i give him bad endings first  :wahaha: ). so its rare to find one that lets me dumb the girl and find a new one.

I've read this post five times now, and I still have no idea what it means or how it applies.

Maybe Majikoi or Majikoi S? Wanko isn't too bright, but she's a good worker. Although, that is played for laughs a bit. Her route is the saddest, but for a different reason.

Yeah, her route was a tearjerker. Her route was my favorite; Momoyo's route just didn't feel right, Chris' route felt a bit too casual, Miyako's route was ok but not the best, and Yukie's route was a bit boring. If I were to include Majikoi S then I'd definitely pick Kuki Monshiro's route though.