Your Political Compass

Yeah Way

For those who haven't heard of it, the political compass is a method of measuring one's political ideology and representing it graphically.

The y-axis represents how 'libertarian' or 'authoritarian' one is, while the x-axis represents how 'left-wing' or 'right-wing' one is.

You can take a test here: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test to help determine where you are located on the political compass.

Of course, there are many criticisms to make about the compass and this particular test; but regardless, it's a fun exercise and usually conforms to how the user perceives themself ideologically.

I'd love it if plenty of you here gave it a shot! ^^ I'm very interested to know where this community stands, although, to be honest, I and I'm sure many of you by now have already predicted what the result will be.

I first came across this test on 4chan; and, although there are plenty who might laugh and dismissively assume 4chan would be full of neo-fascists, the vast majority were in fact libertarian, mostly left-wing.

I myself am of course part of that majority.

dSPOT58.png

My only complaint with this result is that I'm not right on the bottom-left corner.

So please, take the test, post your result, and discuss whether or not you agree with it and why. We got quite an interesting discussion out of it on /pol/.

You should search for that topic where someone made a poll and stats about the forum users, it included some results for this test.

I first came across this test on 4chan; and, although there are plenty who might laugh and dismissively assume 4chan would be full of neo-fascists, the vast majority were in fact libertarian, mostly left-wing.

I don't like this type of thing. Taking the quiz tends to be fun, but I hate branding myself to some ideology... People just start assuming you have several beliefs that you don't :P

I just like cherry-picking every single one of my beliefs. I'm a kaguyaist. Why is there no kaguyaism option in this chart? 0/10, wouldn't look at it again.

I don't like this type of thing. Taking the quiz tends to be fun, but I hate branding myself to some ideology... People just start assuming you have several beliefs that you don't :P

I just like cherry-picking every single one of my beliefs. I'm a kaguyaist. Why is there no kaguyaism option in this chart? 0/10, wouldn't look at it again.

I think you're missing the point of this test. There's a totally valid (though unlabelled) 'centralist' block for people whose answers vary on most/all issues. It's very possible to land right in the centre.

Just landing within a certain box doesn't tie you to any ideology. The graph just shows if there's any sort of trend in your answers. Simply getting a low score within the 'Authoritarian Right' box does not in any way make you comparable to Adolf Hitler or Margaret Thatcher.

Well, Thatcher stopped Britain from collapsing in the 80s. Her supporters tend to overstate her achievements, and her detractors hate her guts, but at the end of the day she guided Britain from the brink of collapse back to being in reasonable shape. 

In 1975 inflation had reached 27%, strikes were an everyday occurance and when Thatcher came into office England was in the enviable experience of having just hosted the "Winter of Discontent." The gravediggers going on strike and leaving the dead in the street was especially civil. People may not have liked what she did, but ... tough luck. She did what she had to, so much respect to her.

A strong leader during a much needed time. I don't think being associated with Margaret Thatcher is all that bad, frankly.

Because I dont believe in social programs. Welfare was not designed for someone fully capable of working to live their life on it. I dont believe in ACT because it has forced people out of amazing health plans into ones that cost them a arm and a leg with very little benefit just so others can have health insurance. I dont believe one should ever be forced to have health insurance as its against your civil liberties here in the US. Also I don't believe in global warming BS as scientists have disproved it  nor do I believe in this BS that we should throw our own beliefs aside just to cater to someone who might be offended as that again is a infringement against your inalienable civil liberties here in the US. I believe in big business small government and less spending and low taxes along with reduction of government regulations in the private sector. shall I continue or ?

http://youtu.be/ML3qYHWRIZk

For one nasa disproved global warming by human influence as the earth goes through cycles which is nothing new secondly we are throwing away our own beliefs. Not allowed to say merry christmas, not allowed nativity scenes in front of govt buildings. Not allowed to say the pledge of allegiance in schools. All this is done cause we dont wanna offend muslims when we are at war with that religion and anyone who says otherwise is only lying to themselves so why cater to them . Thirdly EVERYONE is capable of doing some sort of job and its not the governments job to do a damn thing about helping people get back on their own feet its only reliance on the government. Lastly the United states biggest issue is we worry more about third world countries then we do about the issues with in our own. For example closing off the southern border as the people coming across it are given welfare,a place to live,and dont have to pay taxes and are detriments to society and bring nothing to the table other then their own interests.

Yes we are at war with the muslims its liberal attitudes that protect them.Also we should kick anyone who is in the country illegally out I dont care if they have a family or a job they broke the law and its punishment is deportation and not being allowed ever back in the USA. The problem is you young people only think about helping others and peace and love and shit when that kind of thinking is what go us in this shit in the first place. Every other country in the world throws illegals in jail,executes them or deports them with out a second thought but nope the united states dosent do a damned thing cause of all the bleeding heart liberals ( like hillary clinton) who cant be a giant asshole to people in need who broke the law. And it is easy to get a job most the people unemployed dont WANT a job they want the government to take care of them.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-gaping-hold-global-warming-alarmism-192334971.html