Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Yeah Way

Your Political Compass

For those who haven't heard of it, the political compass is a method of measuring one's political ideology and representing it graphically.

The y-axis represents how 'libertarian' or 'authoritarian' one is, while the x-axis represents how 'left-wing' or 'right-wing' one is.

You can take a test here: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test to help determine where you are located on the political compass.

Of course, there are many criticisms to make about the compass and this particular test; but regardless, it's a fun exercise and usually conforms to how the user perceives themself ideologically.

I'd love it if plenty of you here gave it a shot! ^^ I'm very interested to know where this community stands, although, to be honest, I and I'm sure many of you by now have already predicted what the result will be.

I first came across this test on 4chan; and, although there are plenty who might laugh and dismissively assume 4chan would be full of neo-fascists, the vast majority were in fact libertarian, mostly left-wing.

I myself am of course part of that majority.

dSPOT58.png

My only complaint with this result is that I'm not right on the bottom-left corner.

So please, take the test, post your result, and discuss whether or not you agree with it and why. We got quite an interesting discussion out of it on /pol/.

You should search for that topic where someone made a poll and stats about the forum users, it included some results for this test.

I first came across this test on 4chan; and, although there are plenty who might laugh and dismissively assume 4chan would be full of neo-fascists, the vast majority were in fact libertarian, mostly left-wing.

I don't like this type of thing. Taking the quiz tends to be fun, but I hate branding myself to some ideology... People just start assuming you have several beliefs that you don't :P

I just like cherry-picking every single one of my beliefs. I'm a kaguyaist. Why is there no kaguyaism option in this chart? 0/10, wouldn't look at it again.

You should search for that topic where someone made a poll and stats about the forum users, it included some results for this test.

Like most of the 20 years old or so people on the internet, really.

What did you do, you poor soul :vinty:

I don't like this type of thing. Taking the quiz tends to be fun, but I hate branding myself to some ideology... People just start assuming you have several beliefs that you don't :P

I just like cherry-picking every single one of my beliefs. I'm a kaguyaist. Why is there no kaguyaism option in this chart? 0/10, wouldn't look at it again.

I think you're missing the point of this test. There's a totally valid (though unlabelled) 'centralist' block for people whose answers vary on most/all issues. It's very possible to land right in the centre.

Just landing within a certain box doesn't tie you to any ideology. The graph just shows if there's any sort of trend in your answers. Simply getting a low score within the 'Authoritarian Right' box does not in any way make you comparable to Adolf Hitler or Margaret Thatcher.

Well, Thatcher stopped Britain from collapsing in the 80s. Her supporters tend to overstate her achievements, and her detractors hate her guts, but at the end of the day she guided Britain from the brink of collapse back to being in reasonable shape. 

In 1975 inflation had reached 27%, strikes were an everyday occurance and when Thatcher came into office England was in the enviable experience of having just hosted the "Winter of Discontent." The gravediggers going on strike and leaving the dead in the street was especially civil. People may not have liked what she did, but ... tough luck. She did what she had to, so much respect to her.

A strong leader during a much needed time. I don't think being associated with Margaret Thatcher is all that bad, frankly.

F34gp0L.png

Pretty much expected to get this one. I'm pretty liberal, but not far left. In some ways, I guess I can consider myself to be old-fashioned, which is rare for someone 17. I see that I'm close to sirjabberwock too.

why do I feel like im the only 20 something thats right wing

Because I dont believe in social programs. Welfare was not designed for someone fully capable of working to live their life on it. I dont believe in ACT because it has forced people out of amazing health plans into ones that cost them a arm and a leg with very little benefit just so others can have health insurance. I dont believe one should ever be forced to have health insurance as its against your civil liberties here in the US. Also I don't believe in global warming BS as scientists have disproved it  nor do I believe in this BS that we should throw our own beliefs aside just to cater to someone who might be offended as that again is a infringement against your inalienable civil liberties here in the US. I believe in big business small government and less spending and low taxes along with reduction of government regulations in the private sector. shall I continue or ?

http://youtu.be/ML3qYHWRIZk