xp3 / ks file help

egoplant

I have used a tool to extract data.xp3 from a visual novel before and in the folder scenario it was a bunch of .txt files with the script.

However this time I have done the same thing with another visual novel, and in the scenario folder it's a bunch of .ks files, which after some looking around online seems like it contains the script, also the file names would suggest they do too. The only problem is that it seems that they are encrypted or something because they contain nonsense characters.

Is there a way to decrypt the script?

data.xp3 contents: https://mega.co.nz/#!iQ8iwTxL!_qZAQ10ZJUOwQj9HSIubGdh0EgaBpLfrqYbW6OkyqOU

game executable: https://mega.co.nz/#!XYVAnSiS!Hwo9ZcWwGmq2paG7372v14SV6pnWrUaMAfSdJUlTH38

Are you still looking to have the files re-crypted again? Given that the game is over 6GB I really don't want to get the whole thing, can you try and find out what the minimum size you can run the game with is? System files, game exe and DLLs etc. Should be able to leave out all the huge voice/CG files and still run the game (usually).

Are you still looking to have the files re-crypted again? Given that the game is over 6GB I really don't want to get the whole thing, can you try and find out what the minimum size you can run the game with is? System files, game exe and DLLs etc. Should be able to leave out all the huge voice/CG files and still run the game (usually).

Hello, I've tried extracting data.xp3 using xp3viewer as egoplant did but the script is unreadable eventhough other .ks files such as first.ks , startup.tjs are readable. Only script files contain allien characters.

I have tried to use other tools but the one works well so far is xp3viewer. Can you help me on this matter?

The game that I'm trying is Akatsuki no Goei trinity.

Hello, I've tried extracting data.xp3 using xp3viewer as egoplant did but the script is unreadable eventhough other .ks files such as first.ks , startup.tjs are readable. Only script files contain allien characters.

I have tried to use other tools but the one works well so far is xp3viewer. Can you help me on this matter?

The game that I'm trying is Akatsuki no Goei trinity.

http://pastebin.com/vUhqVt1B - For python 2.7, and it's just for Akatsuki no Goei Trinity, crypt is different for other games.

Usage:

script.py -e [infile]

Extract an .xp3 file.

script -c [infolder]

Compile all the files in [infolder] into a new .xp3 which will be named from that folder.

So basically you just want to extract data.xp3, then move all the scenario files you edit into a new folder called "patch2" (in the same place the "data" folder is made when you extract data.xp3). Then run the compile on it, and it'll make a patch2.xp3 for you, which will be automatically loaded if you put it in the game folder. Make sure your scripts are saved in UTF-16LE format, otherwise the game won't load properly. It's also called UCS-2 little-endian in some editors, like Notepad++.

cFewXc9.jpg

EDIT: Actually you don't need to recompile a new .xp3. The game will also read from "temp" and "temp2" folders. So just make a new folder in the main game folder (where the exe is), and call it "temp" or "temp2," stick your scenario files in there, and they'll load.

However, it seems they load before patch files. So you won't be able to get scenarios in patch.xp3 to load via the temp folder, because they get overwritten by the patch. So I guess you'll still want to use the compile function. Ah well.

Thank you very much, I will try it after coming home from work.

Actually, I did try to reduce game size as you requested but nothing worked. Lately, I found out that I messed up something so even with default files, game didn't run as well.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

• 7 months later...

Well,.I asked because I AM using Akatsuki no Goei Trinity, same as Clion, the folder the game installs to as default is あかべぇそふとすりぃ \  暁の護衛トリニティ コンプリートエディション, isn't that the same game? The title screen says it is at least....

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

So I'm having a problem. I used AE VN tools to extract a scenario.xp3 (it wouldn't let me do it with xp3 tools btw) and I got a bunch of ks files, tryied to open them with np++ but it just is random letters, numbers etc, I also changed the codec to japanese Shift-Jis and  UCS-2 little-endian, still no luck. If anyone could help me, I would appreciated it. I belive that the game's engne is the "kirikiri2/kag3" one.

Thank you in advance. 

• 1 year later...

Uhm, hello. Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I just want to ask is there any solution on ShadowBolt's post?

There really is some files which are unreadable.

Edit: I'm still waiting for someone who are willing to help. Our fan translation project (Vietnamese) cannot complete since tech guy has been M.I.A from 04/2017. Only 17 script files remain. Thank you for your attention.

Edit 2: Problem solved.

Edited by Clion