VNs: Guilty pleasures

Clephas

I like the endings where the villain gets rekted.

Besides that, I usually like things mostly getting spelled out for me at the end of a mystery/sci-fi/time travel VN as I'm usually too dumb to figure stuff out by myself (or maybe it is because I'm young, who knows?) I'd still like to have a few mysteries to solve for myself though, even though I won't ever reread routes to figure stuff out and the like- I should improve on that.

I know this thread is aimed more about tropes in VNs, but my real guilty pleasure isn't a trope; it's School Days. Stop laughing, I'm not kidding. School Days is a Freudian dream that satisfies both my libidinal drive and my death drive. Through Makoto I can express my uncensored sexual freedom and then get brutally killed in the end for it. School Days understands me on a completely base and instinctual level. 

I know VNs are not dating sims, but people lump them together anyway and I reached the former through the latter, so I'll just go ahead and admit I still love the most mechanical of the dating sims, silly as they might be. Huniepop will probably be my guiltiest pleasure this year for several reasons, one of them being that I fucking pre-ordered it.

I like waay to many overused tropes as the years have passed. Tsun, yan, dere, -deres etc. Chuuni protag, yeah.. etc

A specific guilty pleasure of mine I suppose is harems. I do really like them, even if they don't really make sense. xD

Eroge scenes in general. It feels like a reward and it just feels so satifying when the protagonist and the person you chase finally make love as a cheesy end scene (im a pervert ;_;)

Also the classic "oh this girl is so mysterious and had a horrible past that she needs to deal with before we can be together" kind of thing gets me every time

Eroge scenes in general. It feels like a reward and it just feels so satifying when the protagonist and the person you chase finally make love as a cheesy end scene (im a pervert ;_ ;)

I love you too.

I like getting H-scenes as well. It just feels so satisfying.

Yes. That should be obvious, coming from me.

Silly melodrama, forced drama (does that even mean anything at this point?). I kinda liked school days for this reason, also kinda loved Sekai because of her weakness and self-sacrificing behaviour... Nakige-ish stuff is getting a bit old though, so there's that.

Not as guiltily, the forgotten osananajimi. Gets me every time so far, I just love it. Maybe it's b/c I have a girl childhood soulmate-level friend from long ago that I faded away from in the last years of elementary.