VNs: Guilty pleasures

Clephas

Is there a type of VN, VN-trope, or common setting that you can't help but enjoy, even though you know it is pathetically overused and stale? 

My personal first love is 'the protagonist is summoned from Earth to fight on another world' trope.  Studio Ego, Debonosu, and Xuse (Honjouzou) all used this... and yet I can't stop loving them. 

Time looping/displacements. There are quite a few VNs now where the world repeats itself for certain reasons but I just enjoy those types of stories regardless. It doesn't seem like a guilty pleasure though.

Oh yeah, I love that too...

lol... yeah, that one.  I hear complaints about that rather regularly.  There are some VNs, like Signal Heart, that actually spoof that by having parents who are so screwy that it is turned into a joke, or Noble Works where the protagonist is better off without them.  tbh, I don't actively pay attention to that aspect, because paying attention to relatively small-effect tropes is... tiring.

Super loyal childhood friends who when you wake up scare the living shit out of you by standing right over your bed. Protagonist returns to hometown after several years and everyone remembers him... but he doesn't remember much of anything about this town or the people that inhabit it. You have a sister who is not really your sister, your stepfather brought her into the picture and she is not blood-related so it's okay to bang her. OMG, were you a virgin, too! Most girls the protag hooks up with are virgins for some reason.

That's about all I can remember at the moment.

Osananajimis are like a double-edged sword... an interesting one is a benefit, a 'normal' one is just a drag on the entire setting, in most cases. 

Edit: My standard for osananajimis is Kagome from Comyu and Suzu from Ayakashibito, lol.

Nice thread.

Actually, whatever is overused in anime-manga, all happen in eroge/VN. That's how 2D of Japanese is.

Fight between big boobs and flat-chest: overused

Imouto: Overused -> This creature shows up everywhere.

Tsun+bakadere: Overused -> No offense but most Tsun and Baka girls these days are all so stupid and annoying, can't find any cute part in them.

Pleasure it is, but not a long-lasting one. Strange as it may, why wont you just replay it one more but consistently seeking a resemble one?

I replayed Tsuyokisu 5 times for I can't find better tsundere characters with funnier lines out there.

I wont mind seeing others trying mimic those well-known scenes or moe chara (with no special feelings) though.

Osananajimis are like a double-edged sword... an interesting one is a benefit, a 'normal' one is just a drag on the entire setting, in most cases. 

Edit: My standard for osananajimis is Kagome from Comyu and Suzu from Ayakashibito, lol.

Kagome was certainly interesting, though I have the worst compatibility possible with her type. Suzu is just great.

"Worthy Opponent" would be one of my guilty pleasures. You find that everywhere though, not just VNs. 

Also (more common with servants of "the enemy", unfortunately) I love loyal dog types and there could be one in every VN for all I care. 

Most heroines being virgin.

Over-powered protagonist who is fully badass.

I love worthy opponents too... I also like the overpowered antagonist who is looking for someone to give him a good case of whooped-ass.

Yeah worthy opponents along with the old 'rival' trope.

I especially like it when it shows that there are 2 friends who became rivals/enemies and they both are the most powerful chars, and the epic fight that follows is pure bliss.