I've been thinking. Would it be too much for me to ask if it would be possible :P to have a notification system that would notify you when you name(username) is mentioned in a post. 

I think this would increase member participation. Or at least member awareness. And Yes I know there is a quoting system but this would be so much cooler. 

Thank you for you time. 

after that everyone will mention you as moegii so that you are not notified  :makina:

Edit : but after thinking for some time, I guess you mean smth like that filthy function on facebook that gets you tons of notifications whenever anyone mentions you, it's cool and all but I think it will need 2 much work right now and I think they are working on the new page for fuwanovel

after that everyone will mention you as moegii so that you are not notified :makina:

Edit : but after thinking for some time, I guess you mean smth like that filthy function on facebook that gets you tons of notifications whenever anyone mentions you, it's cool and all but I think it will need 2 much work right now and I think they are working on the new page for fuwanovel

Resource wise I think that it would be better if the tag was intended. Notifying you every time your username is mentioned(and in some usernames it can happen by accident) may put unwanted stress on the server. It would also clutter your notification bar.

So yeah a good idea, but it should be done with some caution. Like for example the ability to block people from tagging you, if for some reason you don't like them.

@TiagfVerela what do you think of this idea :makina:

I don't know why I still avoid commenting on some threads. Every thread is good enough to poke fun at me these days...  -_-

I think this idea wouldn't work for some of the more unlucky members whose names are never spelled correctly. I pity them.

The point is, if you actually WANTED to get someone's attention, you'd spell their name correctly. Also, like I said, on another forum, you have to say @ before the name, stopping random notifications, which I'd say is one of the best ways to handle something like this.

1. As Ceris said, @(username) would be a good way to utilize this proposed feature to avoid unintentional notifications. As for mispellings, well, if you really wanted to mention someone, learn how to spell their username.

2. For those who do not wished to be spammed via being tagged, implement a "do not notify" option in user settings similar to "do not notify" for Likes and Quotes.

1. As Ceris said, @(username) would be a good way to utilize this proposed feature to avoid unintentional notifications. As for mispellings, well, if you really wanted to mention someone, learn how to spell their username.

2. For those who do not wished to be spammed via being tagged, implement a "do not notify" option in user settings similar to "do not notify" for Likes and Quotes.

Exactly.

Most people's names are abbreviated, misspelled, shortened, given nicknames, or any number of things. Therefore, it wouldn't represent anything and just be a waste of time.

Wouldn't word prediction fix this?I know of systems that bring up a list of related names or words. Or is that also just a WASTE of time?

This is a good and bad idea at the same time I think you should have to have posted in the thread for your name being mentioned to notify you ...

If it's gonna be like that then there's no point. Completely defeats the purpose of this idea.

Something like this could happen.... not like I would do something like that... or anything. It's not like I would like to do anything like that or anything, baka!

Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi Emi <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3