I'm having a problem with If My Heart Had Wings where in some scenes, the character sprites remain after they should have left. Here's an example from my playthrough:

Screenshot7_zpsfa24bf94.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've already completely removed the game and all its data, plus the patch and all its data from the computer and redownloaded and installed everything, and that didn't fix it.

I'll also had no problem like this with it (Win 8.1 & Restoration patch) ... But at first I had a few other problems with the patch because of my Anti virus program i was using at the time. That stupid thing did delete some stuff without telling me something about it. SO I reinstalled all with deactivate the AV prog and then everything did work smoothly.

How far did you progress after the duck stayed there? The sprite tends to go away once the same character enters the screen (Yoru will disappear once Yoru reappears). Wow. That's confusing sounding.

Another possible solution which I have not tried is loading from an earlier save, and then skipping through the text until you reach the current scene. It might still have the bug though.

Quick question: Did you have any issues with the sprite of the plane or anything else during the first scene with the windmill/glider? I heard that having an issue there means the patch was not installed properly. I know that I had issues there (and the plane is still messed up :P), so it might be the reason. 

I just played through the scene until the duck disappeared and it took quite a while.  Pretty much all of Kotori's sex scene is covered up by duck.  It's like unintentional censorship haha.

Loading from an earlier save doesn't help sadly :(

Also didn't have any problems with the glider in the first scene.

I don't think they will, you are using a patch that it's not official so...

And no, I'm not saying that this is ok and I know why did you apply the patch in the first place (as many of us did) just saying that developers don't give a shit and wont do anything about it.

If you are using win 8, try in a win 7 pc.

there is only one place to download the patch, no other versions or nothing. You can try "buying" the japanese version of the game and then applying the translation patch (you only need to apply a 5mb patch in that version because is not censored)

And there is no way to tell why you have that bug and someone else is not, but im sure you are not the only one just look at this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/326480/discussions/

If you can wait till tomm. I am currently uploading some vn's that I have downloaded and work 100%, I even played all the routes on this vn and never seen any of these bugs. Message me if you want the link that is if your game is still having problems.